21st January 2011, 04:37 PM
snl123

Which courses should I do after B.E in ECE to make a career in software industry?

I feel depressed coz i m 2010 passed out(B.E. in electronics and telecommunication) and have no job yet.How long i will remain fresher.I want to seek job in pune,but on websites m seeing no vacancy for freshers like me.which courses should i do to make my career in software industry?plz guide me.

Related Questions:
22nd January 2011, 07:31 AM
vinchel

Default Re: Which courses should I do after B.E in ECE to make a career in software industry?

You will remain a fresher till the 2011 batch passes out, which I think is from April to May 2011. There are plenty of opportunities in the IT field. you dont know where to look.
Submit your resume in careers section of websites of all IT companies.
To make a career in software, go for short term programming like .NET,J2ME, Java, SAP etc.. from reputed institutions like NIIT etc..
Also attend all megarecruitments of big companies like Wipro, CTS, TCS etc..
22nd January 2011, 10:59 AM
daxter

Default Re: Which courses should I do after B.E in ECE to make a career in software industry?

Hi,

First of you make sure you want to go to the software industry
software industry has a really good growing profile

regarding your question about courses there are many i can give you a overview on available courses you can join but its entirely your decision on which course to join

Various Courses in Software Technology are available

A large number of private institutes across the country also offer courses in Software Technology to the eligible candidates.

Some of the noted institutes offering courses in software technology are the NUT, APTECH, etc. These institutes have their branches spread out all over India.

If one studies in a private institute, one should ensure that the institute is accredited by the DOEACC (Department of Electronic Accreditation for Computer Courses).

One can go in for the DOEACC - accredited courses which are available at different levels - from 'Q' and 'A' levels to advanced courses at 'B' and 'C' levels.

The authorised training partners of big software multinationals like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and Lotus also conduct courses in software technology.

After completion of a course at any of these institutes, one will be required to go through a certified examination which is recognized worldwide.

Computer Technology is such a vast field that an individual can hardly understand or master all such technologies.

Therefore, they are divided into many different sub fields and domains :

Web Technologies : In the application development two web technologies lead the field. They are Java / J2EE and Microsoft NET technologies.

The Java has been in existence for 10 Years. And since then it has become more popular. It has remained one of the topmost web technologies.

The space of development and fast turnaround time have made .NET very popular. After the release of Windows Longhorn in 2006 - 2007, .NET is set to gather further momentum.

Scripting Languages : In programming domain scripting languages play a very important role. There are a number of scripting languages capable enough to scale down the traditional programming languages.

Some of the scripting languages like Linux, Apache, MySQL, Pearl / PHP / Python, LAMP are becoming more popular and as a result more number of vacancies are opening up.

Traditional Programming Languages : Whatever be the case, the traditional programming languages will always be there.

Though the number of vacancies in such languages is less compared to others but when they are coming they are economically more rewarding and also provide for job security.

Also the competition in such vacancies is less as few opt for such option due to toughness of the languages. Languages such as C, C++, Visual C++, COBOL will always be in existence.

Best of luck
7th February 2011, 12:14 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You can do the web-based courses on Java, ASP, .NET, PHP etc.

These courses have high demand in the software sector. You can do these certification courses from NIIT, Ardent,CMC Ltd etc reputed institutes.

Other than these,if you have interest in other courses also you can do these and make your knowledge good.

All the best!!
12th February 2011, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

dear
sir myself santosh frm bbsr..I had completed my B.tech(ECE) in this year with 60%..Currently i m working in a telecom company at Bbsr.I dont find any job satsifaction.I want to go through any software company.I had earlier doing Java and oracle 9i.Still i m worried about my computer skills.Plz help me..Is there any job which suits me??
20th April 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
Im a B.tech ECE 2011 passing student...Im unable to decide what to do in future..I had written my final exams and waitibg for results.I had completed CCNA, CCNP courses in hyderabad.Im unable to get an idea about that networking field..I'm in Di-lama about my future.Please kindly give me an advice what to do for my brite future.Please help me.....
11th May 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

hello frnds...
i just completed my b.tceh ..
what should i prefer to learn the soft ware courses
11th May 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

hello frnds...
i just completed my b.tceh ..
what should i prefer to learn the soft ware courses
29th May 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

which laguage is better for an ece engineer java or vb?
26th June 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

wt is da best programming languages to get over b.tech degree.(i.e 4rm ece).
11th November 2012, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

sir, i completed b.tech(ECE) in may 2012. In campus interviews I am placed in tcs as assistant system engineer. So which courses should I do before join in company.please....
19th January 2017, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

I am going to complete my be in ece i am confused what to do now for making my career in software which courses should i do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?