29th August 2012, 05:10 PM
lalkanhaiya

Can I select Civil Services option after completing B.Com?

Dear Sir

Please tell me when i compleat B.com can i select to civil services option and what courrse better for me

30th August 2012, 03:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I select Civil Services option after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalkanhaiya View Post
Dear Sir

Please tell me when i compleat B.com can i select to civil services option and what courrse better for me
Hey friend,

Yeah you can opt for joining in Civil Services which can be joined in by writing the Civil Service exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and is conducted every year.

Having completed b.com which is a UG course you are eligible for applying for the Indian Civil Service as you satisfy the needed education qualification needed for the Civil Services.

There are certain other criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the Indian Civil Services and they are;
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education Qualification
  • Physical Standard

~ The candidate appearing for the exam must be a citizen of India.

~ The age limit needed for te he exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age for General category.

~ There are upper age relaxation for other category candidates and they that for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC Candidates it is 21-33 years.For Ex-service men there is a exception of 5 years from the prescribed limits.

~ Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognzied university with a fair percentage.Even final year candidate is eligible to apply.

~ For the IPS exam you need to be physically fit.

If you are satisfying them,then you can join in Indian Civil Services by writing the Civil Service exam.

ALL THE BEST
30th August 2012, 03:53 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Smile Re: Can I select Civil Services option after completing B.Com?

[IMG]
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5lFwL2kD0W0qt6l04bQDiGhZV6mpCC VRF3EvkNHj9t9cSaKrj
[/IMG]

Yes...you are eligible and if you clear your examination then you must be selected.
There are many options available like...IAS,IPS,RAS..etc.
The main thing is that in which service you will prefer.
So,I want to tell you the minimum common civil service eligibility criteria...
>>You must have a graduation degree which you have.
>>your age should be 21 to 30 years for general candidates.
>>you must be an indian.
So,If you fill these eligibility criteria then you should apply by your full preparation then you surely get success.
my best wishes always with you.
Good luck...
30th August 2012, 04:51 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

yes you can dude

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE,

To become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year and there is no separate exam for IPS.

QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR IPS THROUGH CIVIL SERVICE EXAM:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SCV/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years
-Should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

PHYSICAL; REQUIREMENT FOR IPS:-

-HEIGHT should be 165cm for General male and should be 150cm for General female candidate which should be 160cm for SC/ST male and 145cm for SC/ST female candidate.

-CHEST should be 85cm for male and should be 79cm foe female candidate which is expandable to 5cm in each cases.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview
30th August 2012, 05:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Civil Service exam after completion of B.Com.

Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year for selection of candidate for IAS/IPS/IES/IRS etc. officer under Central Govt. various dept.

To be eligible for Civil Service Exam one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education within the age of 21 to 30 year with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th August 2012, 05:20 PM
i am sure
Member+

ya,
you can apply for Civil service conducted by UPSC in every year.
but you need some requirement Like

you should be graduate from recognized university .

Age Limit-21-33 years.

candidate must be a citizen of India.

For more you can visit-www.upsc.gov.in
30th August 2012, 08:34 PM
vishwasourabh

Thumbs up Re: Can I select Civil Services option after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalkanhaiya View Post
Dear Sir

Civil Service Examination : Eligibility

The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility condition for admission to examination. Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
Educational Qualifications :
Graduates in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognised by the government are also eligible.
  • YOU have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission's examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Examination.
  • In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate provided that he has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his admission to the examination.
  • Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview original Degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University/Institution that they had completed all requirements (including completion of internship) for the award of the Degree.
Nationality :
  • For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India
  • For other services, a candidate must be either :
    (a) a citizen of India, or
    (b) a subject of Nepal, or
    (c) a subject of Bhutan, or
    (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
    (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.

Age Limits :
(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.
(vi) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(vii) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
Personal Attributes :
The aspiring candidates are expected to have keen interest in the General Studies and are supposed to have a good amount of interest in current affairs. Regular and detailed reading of a good national newspaper, a standard competition magazine and a basic book on general knowledge is the essential pre-requisite. Another important point is efficient time planning.
Physical Standards :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.
Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Number of Attempts:
Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.
Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible.
Provided further that the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible, shall be seven. This relaxation will be available to the candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
Provided further that a Physically handicapped will get as many attempts as are available to other non-physically handicapped candidates of his or her community, subject to the General Category shall be eligible for seven attempts. The relaxation will be available to the physically handicapped candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
Note:-
(i) An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Examination.
(ii) If a candidate actually appears in any one paper in the Preliminary Examination, he/she shall be deemed to have made an attempt at the Examination.
(iii) Notwithstanding the disqualification/cancellation of candidature, the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt.

ALL THE BEST....
30th August 2012, 10:07 PM
manjira...

Yes definitely you can apply for civil service exam after B.com.

Union of Public Service Commission conducts the civil service examination like Indian Administrative Service(IAS) and Indian Police Service(IPS).

You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria for the civil service exams:

>>AGE:

The age of the general candidates should be between 21-30 years
The age of SC/ST candidates should be between 21-35 years.
The age of the OBC candidates should be between 21-33 years.

>>EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidates need to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

>>NATIONALITY:The candidates should be Indian citizen.

>>For IPS you need to satisfy the physical criteria also:

You can know more from http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th April 2013, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

What percentage required to pass b.com minimum and from where we can fill upsc exam form?
27th November 2013, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

How much is the minimum percentage I shud score in b.com examination in order to be eligible fo ips examination?
28th November 2013, 04:40 PM
sandip katkar

DEFINATION OF COMPUTER[IMG]http://SANDIP KATKAR PATIL[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	step0001.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	146782  
4th October 2020, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Which type of books shoul be read for upsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?