20th September 2011, 10:59 AM
roopsy sharma

Can medical students join merchant navy? Can they also be eligible for NDA exam?

r/p sir i wanted to know that m a medical student n m very much intrestd in merchent navy or in army so can i apply for this after compliting my +2 in medical???

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  2. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  4. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  7. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  8. Can commerce students join merchant navy?
  9. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  11. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  12. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  13. Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks? -- [New]
  14. What is the physical as well as educational requirement to join Merchant Navy?
  15. Am I eligible to join merchant navy if I had completed 12th with Biology as main subject?
  16. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  17. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy being a B.Sc(Mathematics) candidate? Is it beneficial to join?
  18. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
20th December 2011, 12:52 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can medical students join merchant navy? Can they also be eligible for NDA exam?

If you have the following eligibility then you can appear for the National Defenc Academy and Technical Entry Scheme. NDA is conducted twice every year by UPSC, candidates in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years from any stream can appear for Indian Army wing of NDA, class 12 pass students with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as main subject with minimum 60% can appear for Indian Navy and Indian Airforce.

Students who have passed class 12 with PCM with minimum 70% can appear for entrance test to get direct entry.

To know more follow the official website: http://upsc.gov.in
21st December 2011, 03:00 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can medical students join merchant navy? Can they also be eligible for NDA exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopsy sharma View Post
r/p sir i wanted to know that m a medical student n m very much intrestd in merchent navy or in army so can i apply for this after compliting my +2 in medical???
HI,
Yes, you are eligible for N.D.A exam after completing 12th with medical stream.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

After qualifying this exam you can start you career in defence sector like:-
>> Indian Army
>> Indian Air force
>> Indian Navy

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with any subject from recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year
> Medically fit

There are 3 steps of selection:-
-Written exam.
-Interview
-medical exam.

GOOD LUCK!
20th April 2012, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

HOW TO JOIN MARCHANT NAVY WITH 88% MARKS IN 2 IN PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,BIOLOGY??
22nd May 2012, 05:52 AM
Unregistered

How can a doctor join Merchant Navy ?
22nd May 2012, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

i m medical student then how would i appear for maths exam in NDA
30th May 2012, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

sir, im swapnil n i wanted 2 know dat havin (PCB) as subs in 12th am i eligible fr merchant navy.n i scored 69.5 % in 12th so if i m den pls provide me details of best colleges n course.... thankin u.....
8th June 2012, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am 21year old medical students. I done only 2. Can i also join merchant navy.
3rd June 2013, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

R/Sir I Am 21 year old medical student. can I jion merchant navy...........???????????? Sir plzzzzzz tell me.
21st January 2014, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.a.m.s my age is 30 year.can i join merchant navy.my email id is [email protected]
30th August 2014, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.P.T in 3rd year my age is 23 and i am a swimmer can i join merchant navy my e mail id is [email protected]
7th June 2015, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Can i join Merchant navy or Indian Navy after doing 12 in Medical
22nd May 2017, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Is computer science compulsory subject in nautical science or marine engineering?
11th June 2017, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am Gurjot i am 16 years old .Sir,can I join the merchant Navy after completing my 10 2 with medical stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?