26th September 2015, 04:56 PM

Am I eligible to join merchant navy if I had completed 12th with Biology as main subject?

Sir/Mam,

I have passed 12th with 75% in PCB...i want to join merchant navy...am i allowed to join merchant navy having biology as my main subject in 12? Can you please guide me what should be done next to be eligible for merchant navy? Thank you!

Related Questions:
26th September 2015, 06:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy if I had completed 12th with Biology as main subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have passed 12th with 75% in PCB...i want to join merchant navy...am i allowed to join merchant navy having biology as my main subject in 12? Can you please guide me what should be done next to be eligible for merchant navy? Thank you!
No, you can't join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th standard with PCB.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
26th September 2015, 08:35 PM
ant man

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy if I had completed 12th with Biology as main subject?

Sorry you are not eligible for merchant navy course after completing 12th biology.

You can join merchant navy after completing 10th or 12th PCM course only.

Eligibility :
1. Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying Pre-sea courses. The pre-sea courses will be of 3-4 month courses.
2. After 12th you can join in the degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering. After completing the degree you can join as a officer.
3. For merchant navy only unmarried female and male candidate are eligible
4. The age Limit is between 16-25 Years.

The pre sea courses are :

1. 3 month Pre-Sea Course in Deck rating.
2. 3 month Pre-Sea Course in Engine rating.
3. 4 month Pre-Sea Course in Saloon rating.

The degree courses available are :

1. B.E Marine Engineering
2. B.S. in Nautical Technology
3. B.Sc. Degree in Nautical Science
4. B.Tech in naval architecture and ship building

27th September 2015, 01:08 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to join the Merchant Navy after the 10+2 with the PCB.

The minimum required qualification to join the merchant navy as a deck cadet is candidate shave passed the 10+2 with the PCM as main subject in the 10+2 examination and mentally and physically fit.

The candidates also have to go through the various test procedure before the final selection for the jobs. So you cannot appear being the PCB candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?