29th October 2015, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks?

My name is braham deep.

I have done B.Sc non medical wth 54% marks.can i join merchant navy after graduation. please give me guidance. I am 28 years old? What should I do now? Awaiting for the answer. I just wanted to know the complete eligibility criteria which should be followed?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  2. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of B.Sc graduation course with 54% marks?
  3. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  4. Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks? -- [New]
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  7. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy course after the completion of BE in CSE?
  8. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  9. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  10. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  11. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  12. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  13. How to join Merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75% marks
  14. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What are the ways to join Merchant navy after completion of degree? I am a BSc final year student of computer science
  16. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  17. Can I join Merchant Navy after doing BSc non medical with 54% marks
  18. Am I eligible to join merchant navy if I had completed 12th with Biology as main subject?
29th October 2015, 04:32 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks?

It will not be possible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks as the minimum required marks is 60%.

The eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as under:-

- The candidate should have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree in order to join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age limit to apply for the exam must be less than 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/6.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are :

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
30th October 2015, 09:28 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is braham deep.

I have done B.Sc non medical wth 54% marks.can i join merchant navy after graduation. please give me guidance. I am 28 years old? What should I do now? Awaiting for the answer. I just wanted to know the complete eligibility criteria which should be followed?
Yes, it is possible for you to apply for the Merchant Navy after completing B.Sc. Being a B.Sc student, you can apply for the deck cadet for which qualification requirement is 12th with PCM subjects. Those candidates who have completed their Graduation in Science can directly apply for the deck cadet job and if a company selects you, the next step will be 3 months long pre sea training. It is usually arranged by the company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?