28th February 2013, 09:56 PM
keerti maken

Can a subject be changed after passing class XI?

can a subject be changed after passing class xi?..please tell me the details

13th July 2015, 05:17 PM
rrooxx

Default Re: Can a subject be changed after passing class XI?

**According to my knowledge you can not change subject in class 12th class after passing 11th class.
**because the 12th class is based on 11th class.
**the Senior secondary class has four streams
>medical
>non. Medical
>arts
>commerce
**so if you choose art in 11th class you have not change into medical.you can only eligible to take art in 12th class
**also you have take medical and non.medical in additional there is only one subject difference between them....
14th July 2015, 02:48 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti maken View Post
can a subject be changed after passing class xi?..please tell me the details
Yes, you can change the subject. But you have to see whether the subject that you want to change to is available under the stream that you have chosen for class 11. For example, if you have taken science, then you cannot change any of your subject to Accountancy. Similarly, if you have taken commerce, you cannot change any of your subject to Chemistry and so on. You can exchange an existing subject of yours with another subject that is available in your stream.
But all said and done, you would require the permission of your principal. If your principal gives you an NOC or no objection certificate about changing the subject, then only you will be able to change the subject.
26th August 2016, 04:53 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

It is difficult to change any subject after passing 11th Class.As you have completed 10th Class,then you have to take admission in 11th according to your interest.You can take an optional subject like Science students can take Biology with PCM Subject or PCB students can take Maths.You have to pass the main subjects.If you take Biology and want to be Doctor,you can also do this.If you have taken the Biology after 10th,then you can be Doctor and if there is optional maths with it then you can be an Engineer.

You can take Streams according to your interest,There are available streams are:
1.Physics,Chemistry,Maths(PCM)
2.Physics,Chemistry,Biology(PCB)
3.Arts
4.Commerce
These are the main streams for Higher Secondary.
27th August 2016, 03:52 AM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

This depends on your college or school, but usually you are not allowed to change your subject / stream after passing XIth.

If it is not your compulsory subject then the college or school may allow you to change your subject but they will never allowed to change stream. Mostly 11th and 12th syllabus is related to each other then there may also be chance that college or school will not allow you to change.

One more case is that if you have already registered for board examination(have filled registration form) in class 11th and only the submission of examination form is left then no option available to you to change the subject. You will have to continue with the subject you have selected.

You can ask to you class teacher/ principal/ Prof-in-charge about this topic.
31st October 2019, 01:07 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes you can change your subjects most of the boards allow
You will have to take permission of your college and allow the board
But yest mostly the board will allow you to change the subject if there is an optional subject available for the subject in your college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?