11th November 2017, 10:58 PM
Sikandar khann

Can we apply for jobs in army after completing Diploma in Computer Science?

Dear Sir/Mam, I completed my diploma in computer science but not go to 12th PUC. So, can you please tell me if I am eligible for applying? My height is 5.5
and how much weight did I suppose to have sir? Can you please answer me back soon? Thanks!

13th November 2017, 11:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we apply for jobs in army after completing Diploma in Computer Science?

You can apply for jobs in Army even after Diploma.

In this case, you will have to take lateral entry into graduation and then complete it.

While pursuing final year of your graduation, you need to apply for CDS Exam.

CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

You can apply for Army, Navy, Air Force, Naval Academy simultaneously through CDS Exam.
14th November 2017, 09:38 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we apply for jobs in army after completing Diploma in Computer Science?

No, you can't apply for jobs in Army after completion of your Diploma in Computer Science. To join in Army, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to apply for UPSC NDA examination for joining in Indian Army is mentioned below :-

--> Nationality :- Indian

--> Age Criteria :- 16.5 to 19.5 years

--> Educational Qualification :- 12th standard from a Government recognised board.

--> Gender :- Male

--> Martial Status :- Unmarried

--> Physical Standards :- Should be physically as well as mentally healthy.

So, being a Diploma holder in Computer Science and since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
14th November 2017, 02:13 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

A diploma is equivalent to the 12th standard.

So, you surely apply for all the jobs which require either12th or diploma.

Unfortunately you cannot apply for the jobs which ask for a graduation degree as a diploma is not equivalent to the degree.

If you are a male candidate, you have a much less height.

You should be having a weight, equivalent to the height, as per the latest BMI standards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?