30th January 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Career option after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering)?

sir, i m doing b.tech with mech.engg.what is future in this field.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do MS in Acturial Sciences after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Career and placements in mechanical engineering?
  3. Which are the career options for me other than M.Tech course having completed Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Masters in Marine Engineering after Btech in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. What is the best option for B.Tech mechanical student after B.Tech
  6. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
  7. Which is better BBA or Diploma engineering for better career prospect?
  8. List of best higher studies course to do after mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  9. what are the career option after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  10. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  11. Which Course To Do After Passing PUC 2nd Year? Subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology
  12. Custom Officer or Civil Services? Which career option is better for a Software Engineer?
  13. Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?
  14. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
  15. Is it a good option to take up Ph.D right after Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  17. As Mechanical engineering which one would be a better option between L&T-ECC and JP Power Venture for a better career growth?
  18. What should I do after Mechanical Engineering between M.E, MBA and Mechanical?
31st January 2011, 09:09 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career option after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering)?

Don't worry there are a large number of jobs available for mechanical engineers not only in private field but also in government field. some of government jobs are :
(1)IES(Indian Engineering Services)
(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field
e.t.c

you have a large number of jobs in private sector as well . for applying in these please visit -http://www.freshersworld.com
31st January 2011, 10:39 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Career option after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,
mechanical engineering is an evergreen stream in which every student finds a good job one day. a mechanical engineer can enter in both private as well as public sector for jobs. there are a lot of job options available for you. also if you do higher studies like m.tech or mba then your chances of getting a good job will increase. so the future of mechanical engineering is very good.
31st January 2011, 03:32 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,
There are various options for you. You can do M tech in mechanical by writing GATE exam in NITs or IITs in specialized field of robotics,nano technology etc.

you can also go for MS programme by writing TOEFL exam.

Best wishes!!
31st January 2011, 08:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There is a wide range of options available in this stream. You can choose between Government and Private sector and also foreign jobs. Mechanical engineers have the option to choose between automobile, sea ports, industrial units etc. You need to choose the sector based on your interest. Make sure to read the newspaper for job opportunities available.
7th February 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

mba or m.tech
7th March 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i don't know what are the options and opportunities i have after the completion of my completion of my b.tech in mechanical engineering can you please give me a good suggestion
16th March 2011, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech. from industrial production stream.what is the career options?
21st March 2011, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Is doing ies or ias after b.tech(mechanical) a better option???????????
6th May 2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

which one is better after BE mechanical.........mba in operations management or M tech in any field of mech......wat about salary growth in either?????????
6th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

How can i go on good post in marine after completion of my b.tech mechanical.
21st May 2011, 12:15 AM
ankit.jatushkaran

sir, i have completed my b.tech in may 2011, now, clear thing is that i did not got placement from my college, i want to do m.tech, from the date i took admission in b.tech..... . If i completely devote my 1 year to gate. Then what will be positive and negative aspects for my future?
27th May 2011, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

sir,i wana know that what should be branch for mba after b.tech-mechanical?
29th May 2011, 12:29 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Career option after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering

Mechanical engineering is the one of the primitive branches of engineering which have remained always in demand and continue to be in future. A mechanical engineer plays a significant role in several field such as automated, manufacturing, transportation, computer field...etc.

If you want to continue your studies then you can do M.Tech course in the same branch. M.Tech is the master degree course and after completing this course you will get a good job in a bog company. You can also do MBA course after completing B.Tech course. In which field you are
interested then you can go in that field.

So, choose your career according to own choice not by another choice.
It will be best for you. I wish you will get a bright future.

Regards
~Mukul~
29th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

can you please say which subject is most preferable for doing m.tech after b.tech mechanical
31st May 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I want to know that in Civil engineering like primavira,staad pro,design like so many field are there so what after mechanical engg.b tech
3rd June 2011, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope of doing a diploma in Non Destructive Testing or Piping after b.tech. in general does diploma courses help in earning a good job with a good salary
7th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

what should b chosen in mba while doing integrated course of btech me with mba?
17th June 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

i have just finished my b-tech mechanical , but sir im having onli 65% in my engineering.Will i get a job in any company?
24th June 2011, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
Iam doing my BTech in CBIT Mechanical engineering stream.I had a dream of studying in states because of their learner centered teaching.But many of them say that doing Mtech in any of our IIT's is better than going abroad for MS.Iam in a dilemma to go for MTech or MS.Can you help me in this matter?
27th June 2011, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

sir,i want to know that after completion of my btech shall i prefer mtech or i prefer design. . . . . .what is the best if i have to go in desining department. . . . ???
27th June 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

what kind of carers other than core field are preferred by students?
2nd July 2011, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir i want to do marine enje.i have now going 4 first year enje. So which field i chose B.E.machanical or B.tech machanical bcoz i m totaly confuse
5th July 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

which is better in engineering field mdu,mtu or a private university?
11th July 2011, 11:37 PM
anand0091

Arrow Re: Career option after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering)?

Quote:
Dear friend

Mechanical engineering is a good branch and it has wide scope.
As you know mechanical engineer is the basic need of every industry . There are a lot of vaccancies every year. This branch is very less affected with recession in the market.

There is a scope in it sector also because we deal with various designing and analysis softwares as AUTO-CAD , CATIA , ANSYS , HYPERMESS , PRO-E etc.

The demand of mechanical engineers in government sector ie NTPC, RAILWAY etc is also high . For this you need to qualify PSU and oter railway exams conducted on all india basis.

If you want to get higher studies then also doors are open as you can do M-Tech, MBA or go for research wok through qualifying GATE , CAT /MAT exams resp.
Hence , MECHANICAL is considered as EVERGREEN branch.
13th July 2011, 12:28 AM
ammunation

Hi dear,

Don't worry there are a large number of jobs available for mechanical engineers not only in private field but also in government field. some of government jobs are :
(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field
e.t.c

you have a large number of jobs in private sector as well . for applying in these please visit -http://www.freshersworld.com
Thanks
15th July 2011, 09:14 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field
e.t.c

thanks
15th July 2011, 09:15 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field
e.t.c

thanks
17th July 2011, 12:36 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field
e.t.c
7th August 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

sir iam cofused totaly is mechanical or IT is a good option in engineering which has more scope , i dont want to stop my studies by doing b tec only after wat plz give some informatin abt the both
17th August 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing b.tech in mech engineering i want to go abroad for job or higher study. what are options that can i do to achive my goal?
22nd August 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

WHY DO CHOICE B.TECH WITH MECHANICAL?
22nd August 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

SIR, AND LAST ONE Q. JOBS?
28th August 2011, 03:08 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
You have mechenical branch in engineering so its a very good branch.You have so much scope in public sector as well as private sector.The mechenical branch is the core branch of engineering.So there is so much options for you.You can give entrance paper of IES.Its a very good opportunity to get a government job.You can also apply in BHEL.
A mechenical engineer is always require in market.So dont worry about your future.You will surely get a job.

All the best
10th September 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i m doing b.tech with mechanical engg. after b.tech which is better for me ies or psu or m.tech??????????
26th September 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing btech 4-1 how to apply for jobs of singareni
28th September 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

iam doing b-tech mechanical engineering,what sources iam having to move into aero jobs?
29th September 2011, 11:45 AM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Career option after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering)?

hi dear
You have mechenical branch in engineering so its a very good branch.You have so much scope in public sector as well as private sector.The mechenical branch is the core branch of engineering.So there is so much options for you.You can give entrance paper of IES.Its a very good opportunity to get a government job.You can also apply in BHEL.
A mechenical engineer is always require in market.So dont worry about your future.You will surely get a job.

good luck
All the best[/QUOTE]
29th September 2011, 07:32 PM
shibendu

Career options after B.TECH in mechanical Engineering :

Core sector job :
You can go for these
1.L&t
2.IOCL
3.TATA MOTORS etc.

Govt sector job :
These gov sector jobs are :
1.ISRO
2.INDIAN RAILWAY
3.UPSC

Other jobs :
You also can join these types of jobs :
1.Call center
2.Tech support
3.tele marketing etc
5th October 2011, 02:49 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

There are many career options after engineering and short term, pg, post graduate, job oriented computer courses available after engineering graduation, b.tech for engineering students like M.Tech, MBA, MCA,

Computer Science and Engineering

Computer science and engineering students will learn From second year about core computer science subjects like programming, data structures, Digital logic, Theoretical computer science, Algorithms, Computer networks, Operating systems, Web technologies, Databases and Computer Architecture are few to mention.

This is really an excellent field to have opportunities both in software companies and higher studies.
It has massive jobs opportunities . On the same time more demand and application kept it research funding alive attracting many students to opt for higher studies.

Core companies for Computer science Engineers:
Government organizations like DRDL, ISRO, ECIL and BEL.
There are thousands of multinational and national software companies offer jobs to computer engineers like few famous one, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, Facebook, Oracle, Cisco, Infosys, TCS, and Wipro.

Average Salary for Computer science engineer: 4~5 Lakh INR a year.

Chemical Engineering:
There are good amount of opportunities for chemical engineering students, they are hired mostly by pharmaceutical, polymer and petroleum companies. There are good amount of higher studies opportunities too but need to compete with a larger pool of MSc chemistry, Biology and Pharmacy students.

Though it is not considered as a very hot branch of engineering have lot of potential for growth because of its applicability.
It value and importance have risen in recent days because of the environmental issues.
Jobs in petroleum companies like Schlumberger, Shell, Aramco and other Middle Eastern companies make it a prosperous choice of engineering.

Core Companies:
ONGC, Reliance Industries Ltd., Essar Oil Limited, Gujarat Gas Company Limited, Indo Gulf Fertilizers Ltd, Coromandel Fertilizers Limited.

Along with these there are number of research and development opportunities for chemical engineering students
Research position after PhD for chemical engineering students.

Avarage Salaries: 2.8~3.5 lakhs per anum

There are only few Institution those offer Chemical Engineering .Institutes offering chemical engineering:
Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
All Indian Institute of Technology IITs
All most all NITs
BITS all most all braches
All state universities and many private engineering colleges too

Materials and Metallurgical Engineering:

Students will learn about preparing metal that satisfy industry demands, like aircraft, high temperature ovens, ..etc.

There are plenty of higher studies opportunities both in home and abroad.

Core Companies offering jobs: Steel Authority of India Limited, Tata Steel, Jindal Steel & Power Limited, Ispat Industries Ltd, John Deere, Pune, Reliance Industries Ltd. Government organization include ISRO, DRDO, and Railway.

Average salary offered: 2.5 ~ 3.0 lakhs per annum

Institutes offering Metallurgical Engineering: As labs are expensive most of the private engineering colleges in India don’t offer this course.

All IITs offer Engineering courses in Metallurgical Engineering
Almost all NITs have Metallurgical Engineering
All state government universities offer this course

Mechanical Engineering:

Mechanical engineering is one of oldest branch of engineering and this course is available in almost all engineering colleges across India.
There are plenty of office work and because of vast application of computers in mechanical engineering. All designing and manufacturing process is automated and computerized. Therefore the job profile for mechanical engineering is almost similar to a computer engineer.

Core Companies for Mechanical Engineers: ISRO, DRDO, Indian Railway, ABB, TATA Motors, General Motors, Fiat, Reliance Industries, Reliance Power Ltd,
Asoka Leyland, Mahindra and Mahindra to name few.

Average Salary: 2.5~3.5 Lakh Rupees per annum

Civil Engineering:
Civil engineering is one of the most traditional engineering studies in India.
Almost all top universities offer MS in civil engineering and there are good opportunities PhD and research too.

Core Companies for Civil Engineers: Associated Engineering Consultants, Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Railways, Engineers India Ltd., DRDO, ISRO, SERC and Jaypee Group are to name few companies and organizations that offer jobs to civil engineering students.

Average salary: 2.5~3.5 Lakhs per annum

Electrical Engineering
you will be learn whole lot of Electrical engineering techniques and related stuff in this course.
There are equally good opportunities for jobs in electrical engineering industry and higher education.
Core companies for electrical engineers: ABB, Bajaj International Private Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Centre for Electronics Design and Technology, Crompton Greaves Limited (CGL), Siemens Ltd., Reliance power Ltd., and Wipro Lighting are name to few.

Average salary: 3.00 to 3.5 lakh Indian rupees

There is equally good opportunites for other Branches ,tell me specifically for which you are asking for .

Good Luck!!
11th October 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

how mark is need to get a job
26th October 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.tech in mechanical engineering. I have colour blindness. Will this pose a problem if i want to take up government job? Is it advisable to do mba rather than m.tech for this reason? Please help.
26th October 2011, 11:47 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
There are so many option for you after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.

Govt sector :
>ISRO
>IOCL
>IES
>SAIL
>BHEL

Private sector :
>TATA STEEL
>SYNTEL
>TATA MOTORS
>MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA
>L&T

Banking sector :
>UBI
>ICICI
>SBI
>RBI
>BANK OF BARODA

Others job :
>CUSTOMER CARE
>TECH SUPPORT
>CALL CENTER.
27th October 2011, 11:52 AM
sunilkumaraeronatical

FRN UR MECH
DER AR LARGLY REQUEPMENTS ARE DER
(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/career-option-after-b-tech-mechanical-engineering-79551.html#ixzz1bxNRlk3D
27th October 2011, 06:42 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear,,
(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field
e.t.c

thank you..
7th January 2012, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

what is the future for students who completed their integrated courses(M.S software) computer science?what is the pay scale and future?
26th March 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,
iam 3rd year Btech student , i have some dout ie 1, what are the scope of ndt testing
2,how to get a good job after b tech 3,my friends told me that now a days chance of getting good job after btech is less and it is better to go for higher studies,
sir please give me some advice
please
5th April 2012, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

what will be benefit after cracking GATE in mechanical engineering
8th April 2012, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Am a final year B.tech student in Mechanical and i would like to work after B.tech,Can anyone suggest me the fields for a Mechanical engineer with high scope as per today's Trend?
8th April 2012, 01:48 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
After B.tech you can go for M.tech other wise for job this is the strategy , but for more details i am providing you a carrier chart from where you can get details information about your carrier.....

All information you can get from this above chart......

Good luck........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?