8th July 2011, 10:12 PM
sonalikam1

Chances of getting a job in India after Ph.D admission in Microbiology in Texas A&M University?

Hi, i have got PhD admission in Microbiology in Texas A&M university, USA. I want to know that what are the chances of me getting job in India and what kind of job I can get..? Is it an intelligent decision to come back to India after PhD in USA?

Related Questions:
  1. PhD in Singapore or Newzealand? Chances of getting job in Nezealand?
  2. List of universities offering PhD in Microbiology in Palakkad and Coimbatore? Procedure to get admission and duration of PhD in Microbiology?
  3. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  5. Top 10 colleges which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India? Procedure to get admission?
  6. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  7. Is there a separate entrance exam conducted by Punjab Agriculture University for admission in PhD in Microbiology course for other university's student? Possibility to get admission?
  8. List of entrance exams available to study PhD in Microbiology in top universities of India? -- [New]
  9. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  10. Procedure and requirements to study PhD in Microbiology in Abroad?
  11. Suitable stream for PhD after M.Sc in Microbiology? Universities providing such course in India and Abroad?
  12. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  13. Institutes offering PhD in Microbiology in Bangalore? Procedure to get admission?
  14. List of universities offering PhD in Environmental Microbiology?
  15. Expected salary in B-School after completing PhD in Microbiology?
  16. How is the scope of Microbiology in India?
  17. Is there any vacancy present in a good company to do PhD in Microbiology?
  18. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
9th December 2011, 03:02 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of getting a job in India after Ph.D admission in Microbiology in Texas A&M University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonalikam1 View Post
Hi, i have got PhD admission in Microbiology in Texas A&M university, USA. I want to know that what are the chances of me getting job in India and what kind of job I can get..? Is it an intelligent decision to come back to India after PhD in USA?
Dear Friend,

As you have mentioned that you have taken admission in Texas, A&M University, USA to pursue PhD in Microbiology, it will be wise to complete your course and then decide upon your area of work- USA or India.

There are numerous openings in India for candidates who have done M. SC in Microbiology.

For your reference some of the opening or positions you can apply for as per your qualification is concerned are:
Medical Microbiologist.
Lecturer for Microbiology.
Lab Technician Microbiology.
Quality Engineer- Senior Quality Assurance Officer Microbiology in FMCG Industry.
AGM Quality Assurance- in any highly progressive research based health management companies.
Production Scientific Officer for Vaccine/Injectable.

A microbiology professional certainly get more research based work in the USA and more money as the labour cost in USA is more than what is in India.
But whether you want to pursue your career in India or USA depends upon you. Because the cost of living is also an important factor when we are living abroad in a place like USA.

If you do not have family and financial problems in India, then it will be wise to stay back in USA and pursue your career.

Best of Luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?