6th September 2010, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Changing college in 2nd year of engineering to a better college

I m in 1st year of egineering.I want to change my college in 2nd year because the college has no systematic work and the teaching staff is also not good.
I just want to ask that can i change my college in my 2nd year of engineering if i score good marks in both the semesters???

Related Questions:
  1. Do I have to pay any penalty for changing college?
  2. What is the procedure to change the college for diploma? Requirements for changing the college?
  3. How can I change my college in 2nd year and whom to consult?
  4. Changing college from SGI College to government Engineering College?
  5. Is it possible to change my college in 2nd year Diploma in Maharashtra?
  6. How to change the college to Poornima College Jaipur? Procedure to change the college? I am a 2nd year B.Tech in Techno India NJR Engineering College
  7. Colleges offering direct entry into B.Tech 2nd year?
  8. Admission in recommended colleges of Mysore in 2nd year of BBM?
  9. How should I transfer from one college to another in 2nd year for Chemical Engineering course?
  10. Can I change my college from Private to government college? Procedure to apply for the change?
  11. Is it allowed to change college in 2nd year if I have a good score in 1st and 2nd semesters?
  12. Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college
  13. Can I change college after completion of 1st year BE? Will I have to pay penalty fee is change my college? -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to do M.Tech from 2nd year if changing the college?
  15. What is the procedure to change the college from 1st year to 2nd year by changing B.Tech IT to B.E ECE under Anna University
  16. Can I get admission in other college during 2nd semester or 2nd year?
  17. Which colleges will I get after scoring 23.365 for M.E CSE?
  18. How can I shift to another college? I'm studying B.Tech 2nd year in Chaitanya engineering college
7th September 2010, 12:04 AM
noproblem

Default Re: Changing college in 2nd year of engineering to a better college

you can change your college if student of another college is agreed for the same

This is only provisional that some universities allow this migration

Best of luck
7th September 2010, 12:28 AM
chaitu667

Hai bro!

Yes1 you can change your college in second year but you cant do it in the national level colleges like NIT's, IIT's or other deemed universities.
In local colleges you have the choice to change your college after securing fair percentage of marks. You need to apply to both the colleges for the change of your college to the respective college. They have to approve it and transfer your records from present college to the other. All you need to do is to secure good percentage of marks. Please remember this process wont be applicable for all the colleges across India. It is possible if both the colleges are under same university.

Good luck!
7th September 2010, 12:31 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

It is quite possible to take admission in another university. I am stating the general rule, rest of the thing will be done by yourself.
A student can change college only by the permission of both colleges i.e. one to whom you are leaving and second one is to whom you are going to join.
For this , firstly you contact your registrar of college or a academic person, he will surely tell you about the application procedure and old case, if exist, to you. After getting the procedure, contact other college's principle, registrar for this. Since you will be admitted in other college only if you have a valid reason or a point so be in touch with both the college administration.
7th September 2010, 01:00 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

There are some colleges who may consider your marks but there is no such special criteria given. What you can do is you can ask the college authorities in which you want to take admission into.

You can join other college by appearing for entrance exam again but you will lose 1 year which is not recommended...Instead search for the college which consider the 2nd year admission
7th September 2010, 08:54 AM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Changing college in 2nd year of engineering to a better college

You can choose colleges by basing on your B.tech first year marks your percentage is above 70 you can good college
7th September 2010, 10:18 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
You can change your college in 2nd year but within the same university, but if you are in a private engineering college then it is very tough work for you to change your college.
first you have to search in which better college the seat has left to fill.

But the university in which you are studying may not consider your problem, because they give the affiliation to that college & you are challenging the system of your college.

The procedure may take long time to complete, so i suggest you to continue your study in the same college.
& if your request could not be full fill in future then you will be black listed by your college, which is very negative point for you & your career.

good luck.
7th September 2010, 01:12 PM
sayan550

Dear Friend,
yes you can change your college after first year.but after you have to start your study again from first year,for that you have to appear in entrance exam like IITJEE,AIEEE,WBJEE and over more.and to get a chance in a better college you have to score well.so do you really want to get chance in a better college then be ready for the exams.
All The Best to you....
7th September 2010, 02:12 PM
nuzhat fathima

if the management is ready to provide you the transfer certificate then there is no problem.if you shift a college you will be wasting your one year,that would be a great sacrifice.according to me if you continue in the same college it would be better,as you can save a year of your life in education and utilize the same year in your further education.if you are finding tough in studying in that college take up good tutions or take some help from your seniors.
7th September 2010, 02:34 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

this is not possible that if you 1year of b.tech done in any college and after this you want admission in another college. this facility are not possible for any college. thanking you
7th September 2010, 06:21 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it's very hard. but if you get a good marks in first year you can contact with your university. they will provide you a form and you have to write your choice. if there is any blank seat in your desired college you may get chance to get admission there in 2nd year. but in this case you have to provide caution money and other external college fees.
7th September 2010, 06:38 PM
tomorrows

yes you can as long as you are accepted in the new college which is something you have to check out at that new college. if you want to change your major completely then you have got to start your next year as a freshman, first-year student that is. if you don't change your major then you can go on to the second year in the new college, however you might be requested to take more classes/subjects which didn't exist in your previous college.
your good marks in your current college usually have nothing to do with your new college admission, but it's always better to keep your marks high.
8th September 2010, 12:09 AM
robart
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Changing college in 2nd year of engineering to a better college

dear friend,

you can't change the college after your 2nd year of B.tech.

actually it is not possible to change the college after 2nd year.

there is no rule to change college after getting good marks in two semesters.

you can change your branch in 2nd year after getting good marks in 1at two semesters.

you can change college but you have to take admission in 1st year.means you have to start from the very 1st year.in this way your study of 1st year in previous college will not be taken into account.

good luck.
8th September 2010, 02:37 PM
sanjusabu

Normally you can not change your engineering college after staying there for 1 year. But if you face problem like ragging or environmental problem then you can talk with your college authority and if they allow you TC then you may change. But there are still many conditions you have to satisfy like :-
1) You can change college under the same university.
2) You have to score good in first year like 80%.
3) College you are opting to go must have to have vacancies to allow you.
8th September 2010, 04:23 PM
meeria

dear friend

yeah this is possible but there have some condition

1.you have smart reason why do you think to change your college .
2.both college (previous & next) must be same university
3.you have marks in 1st year nearly 80%

then you can change you college in 2nd year.

all the best
8th September 2010, 04:42 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Surely you can change your college in the 2nd year of engineering. But the changing procedure is a bit tedious & subject to few conditions like:

Your present college & the new college generally should be under the same university.
Your college is ready to issue no dues certificate to you.
The new college is having vacancies to admit students through lateral entry programme.
8th September 2010, 06:06 PM
monu1

[QUOTE=Unregistered;190728]I m in 1st year of egineering.I want to change my college in 2nd year because the college has no systematic work and the teaching staff is also notgood

u canchange your college if the is such a scheme in your universities in kerala university transfer is also possible
8th September 2010, 09:52 PM
bhumika.babbar

Of course you can change your college..
There are two ways
1.you can get a good score in both the semesters in your present college and then file an application for change of college within the university.
2.If you think you can grow only by changing the college you can give the entrance test again and get better scores than before.
good luck.
8th September 2010, 11:50 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Changing college in 2nd year of engineering to a better college

dear friend

there is no such rule to change college in 2nd year. if you perform well in the semester exams then you will get chance to change your stream with in your college.

if you don't like your college's system then you have to reappear in the entrance exam.

all the best
9th September 2010, 01:40 AM
Saikiran M

Default Change neither college nor course. Change yourself !!!

I seriously recommend you to not to change anything(neither course nor college) now. It is too late already.
And you are talking to change in 2-2 ..? Don't do that. If you do, you will face problems in future.

Dear, No college will be 100% perfect not even up to 80%. In most of the B.Tech colleges this problem is prevailing.
Answer to this is start day to day preparation. and score well.
Try to gain max knowledge (not complete knowledge) from all around you.

In this way you can come up with good percentage in B.Tech
And just enjoy your B.Tech life, don't protest with situations....

Good Luck.
MASK
9th September 2010, 03:54 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Changing college in 2nd year of engineering to a better college

dear friend,
as per my knowledge u can not change ur college.only u can change ur stream in ur college.bt for that u have to maintain some criteria.first of all u must have 8.5 semister avg. in ur 1st yr.then u can change ur stream.or if u r diploma then u can take admission to b.tech 2nd yr.bt for that u have to give jellet exam.or if u completed ur b.sc then u can also go b.tech 2nd yr by giving a entry exam.
so take decission & make ur bright future.
good luck.
9th September 2010, 08:27 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You can definitely change your college, but the colleges should be under the same university. You need to get the migration certificate from the current college authorities. The migration certificate shows the current educational level. The new college can then give admission to the next semester with this migration certificate.
18th October 2010, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Dear frnds,i'm doing my ece-1st yr in one colge affiliated to anna university,tamilnadu...i want to chnge my colge...bcz i could nt cntnue here....i dnt lyk to stdy n d colge...i want to gt chnge into new colge whch s n chenai
24th October 2010, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear frnds,i'm doing my ece-1st yr in one colge affiliated to anna university,tamilnadu...i want to chnge my colge...bcz i could nt cntnue here....i dnt lyk to stdy n d colge...i want to gt chnge into new colge whch s n chenai

hello.., boss I'm parthi studying in some college in chennai affilted to a anna univ. currently got into 1st yr ece.., u can contact me by mailing me @ [email protected] I've an idea of helping u to getting into ur desire institution., bye macha..,
9th November 2010, 05:59 PM
megha ram singh

Yes, you can change your college but you can't change your trade or your field, like if you are a mechanical student then you'll remain in the same.
10th November 2010, 08:11 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

changing college in second is possible only in some parts of india but for that you will need to score atleast 80% in your 1st year. after scoring this amount of percentage(sgpa) apply for changing the collage . if you are best among your competitors then you will surely be displaced in your desired collage . good luck
22nd November 2010, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

i am in s.s. jondhale college of engg. in dombivali and want to change my college after first year since i live in ghatkopar it tke around 3.5 hrs travelling
18th December 2010, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

My name is bharathi. I am studying in ANNAUNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MADURAI. RAMANATHAPURAM CAMPUS. I can change in my college from THANTHAI PERIYAR ENGG college at vellore . How many persantage wil scored
1st February 2011, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

can i do the change of collage from any autonomus collages to vtu university
14th March 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am not satisfied with my present college so at any cost i have to change my college for 2nd year .What will be procedure and when to start this?
19th March 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Please help me! Friends, at present i'm studying in a college,under anna university coimbatore,but i want to change in a college,under anna university trichy,is it possible? Pls help me :-(
5th April 2011, 12:39 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

contact university authorities.
I dont know whether all universities provide such facilities. But i know some universities such facilities.
Anna university has this facilities.

You need to apply for transfer to the university authorities through your college principal.
You must mention valid reason, why you are asking transfer to other college.

University authorities consider your marks in HSC, first year marks, and the minimum cut off of that college.Your cut off must be above the minimum cut off that particular college

If you found eligible university authorities notify you via your college.
14th April 2011, 03:26 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

There are some colleges who may consider your marks but there is no such special criteria given. What you can do is you can ask the college authorities in which you want to take admission into.
You can join other college by appearing for entrance exam again but you will lose 1 year which is not recommended...Instead search for the college which consider the 2nd year admission
14th April 2011, 03:27 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

It is quite possible to take admission in another university. I am stating the general rule, rest of the thing will be done by yourself.
A student can change college only by the permission of both colleges i.e. one to whom you are leaving and second one is to whom you are going to join.
For this , firstly you contact your registrar of college or a academic person, he will surely tell you about the application procedure and old case, if exist, to you. After getting the procedure, contact other college's principle, registrar for this. Since you will be admitted in other college only if you have a valid reason or a point so be in touch with both the college administration.
24th April 2011, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

i want to change my college bcz of hostel and health problem please give me correct informatiom
13th May 2011, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

I am student of BTech {EEE} in fourth semester in Indus college of engineering Bhubneshwer I am not feeling well in my college so I want to change my college under same university. Is it possible. Please reply me soon.
1st June 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

i am a student studying in 1st year and i want to change my college within the same university. i want the procedure for doing the same. please reply me soon.
3rd June 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of CMRIT college, karnataka. in IT branch. I am going to give my 2nd year exam to enter the 3rd year. but i want to change my college in 3rd year, as the atmosphere of hostel is not good.i tried to adjust but i am not able to. i am not able to concentrate on my studies.i fear i will ruin my future being in this college. so my question is can i change my college in 3rd year? I want to transfer in a better institution. so can i get admission in 3rd year directly? and if yes, can you tell me the procedure for that? -sonakshi sanjay sinha
5th June 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

If a student studying in Engineering college in Pune. Can he get admission in second year College of Engineering of Pune.
24th June 2011, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

is there any possibility of scoring 90 percent above in engineering
12th July 2011, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

can i change my group after first yaer or first sem in the same college...?
15th July 2011, 12:23 PM
nikita adsul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini rani View Post
HI!

Surely you can change your college in the 2nd year of engineering. But the changing procedure is a bit tedious & subject to few conditions like:

Your present college & the new college generally should be under the same university.
Your college is ready to issue no dues certificate to you.
The new college is having vacancies to admit students through lateral entry programme.
Is there any condition that the two colleges which we want to change should not b near like pict and bvcoew
20th July 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

changing college within 2 mumbai university colleges of the field in Applied art
26th July 2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

hi.. presently i am doing b.tech from rajasthan pet exam...........
iam in 1st year and want to change the college next year like to narsee monjee or bvp or may be mit.............
so it is possible.......????
29th July 2011, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

i want to change my college after 1st year
please anyone tell me process
31st July 2011, 10:09 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Thanks
31st July 2011, 10:21 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Thanks
31st July 2011, 11:33 PM
kunjeyan5282

15th August 2011, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

can we switch from amity university lucknow to amity noida in 2nd yr??... if yes den watz d criteria?
16th August 2011, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

hi sir, my name is shashank, can i change both my colleg and course after first year?
nw i m studing IT in first year and i want biotech engg which is not available in my college so can i change both college and course after first year???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?