7th March 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Colleges and entrance exams for part time M.A. in Economics? Career prospects of part time M.A. in Economics?

I am B.A. in Economics and History as subjects and is presently working full-time with a broking firm. I want to do a M.A. in Economics from a college/university in Mumbai having Evening Classes/Weekend Classes.
Are there any such colleges in Mumbai?
Please mention the name of some colleges and the entrance procedure to get admission into these colleges?
How beneficial are these courses in comparison to full-time regular courses?
and Career prospects after the completion of the same?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.d part time after passing government college with M.Phil degree in economics?
  2. Nalanda Open University MA in Economics-Part II-Economics Theory (Paper IX) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. Can I do part time LLB course now after passing BA with Economics and diploma in Public Administration?
  4. Nalanda Open University, MA in Economics-Part II-Public Economics (Paper XIV) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Can I join Air Force being a candidate of doing Graduation in BCA by Correspondence?
  6. List of top 10 part time MBA colleges in India? How is part time useful? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Is it possible to do part time M.E in Chennai after scoring 34.55 in TANCET? List of engineering colleges in Chennai?
  8. List of UGC approved universities which offer Part Time PhD in Economics in West Bengal?
  9. Kuvempu University BA Economics 3rd Year- Development Economics (Paper V) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  10. CBSE Class 12 Economics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. How can I get detail information on MBA by correspondence?
  12. Which is more beneficial for doing MA in Economics in future between BA Economics and BMS?
  13. Career prospects in India after doing Masters in Economics from USA?
  14. What procedure I need to follow to do part time Ph.D in Management and Economic Honor from Dehradun?
  15. Procedure to join part time M.E/M.Tech in Anna University? What is the timing of part time M.Tech?
  16. Which Entrance Exams I have to appear for to do part time MBA course?
  17. How to do part time B.E in Instrumentation in Mumbai after completing BSc Physics? Which colleges are offering B.E part time?
  18. BE part time holder can do ME in CAD from Anna university? -- [New]
8th March 2011, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Colleges and entrance exams for part time M.A. in Economics? Career prospects of part time M.A. in Economics?

Mumbai University Distance Learning

http://www.mu.ac.in/

The University of Mumbai (known earlier as University of Bombay) is one of the oldest and premier Universities in India. It was established in 1857 consequent upon "Wood's Education Dispatch", and it is one amongst the first three Universities in India.

Courses Offered by Mumbai University through Distance learning
Arts by Mumbai University through Distance learning
o F.Y.B.A o S.Y.B.A o T.Y.B.A o M.A Part-I o M.A Part-II o MA- Education Part-I o MA- Education Part-II

Commerce by Mumbai University through Distance learning
o F.Y.B.COM o S.Y.B.COM o T.Y.B.COM o M.COM-Part-I o M.COM-Part-II o PG-DFM-Part-I o PG-DFM-Part-II o PG-DORM-Part-I o PG-DORM-Part-II

Science by Mumbai University through Distance learning
o F.Y.B.Sc. Comp. Sci o S.Y .B.Sc. Comp. Sci o T.Y..B.Sc. Comp. Sci o M.Sc. Comp.Sci. - Part-I o M.Sc. Comp. Sci -Part-II o M.Sc. Maths-Part-I o M.Sc. Maths-Part-II

Technology by Mumbai University through Distance learning
o F.Y.B.Sc. IT o S.Y.B.Sc.IT o T.Y.B.Sc.IT o F.Y.B.Sc.Nautical Tech o S.Y.B.Sc.Nautical Tech o T.Y.B.Sc.Nautical Tech o M.Sc. IT-Part-I o M.Sc. IT-Part-II o MCA-First Year o MCA-Second Year o MCA-Third Year

The program accommodates the needs of both full-time and part-time students as well as online learners by using a variety of delivery modes including in-person on-site sessions like the latest synchronous and asynchronous online learning technology, and a possible future video conferencing.

Students can participate in the educational programs even if they do not live near the University campus. Each program can be taken entirely online.

Study Centres:

University may decide on the available study centers for personal contact programs. However the overall responsibility and monitoring will be with the University of Mumbai. The study material will be the sole property of the University of Mumbai.

University of Mumbai elearning portal is - http://www.mudacee.ac.in/

Online Certificate Courses by Mumbai University

Certificate in Office Administration.
Certificate in Computer Hardware and Networking.
Certificate in Business Administration.
Certificate in Computerized Accounting (Tally).
Certificate in Basic Electronics & Telecommunications.
Certificate in Linux Administration.
Certificate in Fibre Optics.
Certificate in Basics of Share Market.
Certificate in Basics of Banking Procedures and Investments.
Certificate in Basics of Income Tax.
Certificate in Visual C++.
Certificate in Java.
Certificate in Visual Basic .NET.

Mumbai University Distance Learning Programs

The program details are detailed below.

Program I: Mumbai University Distance Learning Master of Computer Applications (MCA)

Objectives This program is designed to impart knowledge and training in the recent advancements and modern trends in the field of computer applications.

ELIGIBILITY MCA (Master of Computer Application) : - Three years (Six semesters) Post Graduate Degree Course Min. Qualification: Graduate in any faculty of a statutory University with minimum 45% marks (minimum 40% for reserved category) and Mathematics at XII or higher level. Final Year Degree Students will be allowed to appear at the Entrance Test. There will be an aptitude test for the admission in MCA course. Entrance Test: MCA Provisional selection will be based on the Entrance Test conducted by IDE, University of Mumbai.

Duration: Six Semesters

The candidate shall complete the program within a period of seven years from the year of admission.

Program III: Mumbai University Distance Learning M. Sc. Computer Science

Objectives: This program is to impart knowledge and training in the recent advancements and modern trends in the field of Computer Science.

Duration: Two Years (Four Terms)

Eligibility: Same as the regular program in M Sc Computer Science.

Program IV: Mumbai University Distance Learning B.Sc. (Computer Science)
Objectives: The aim of this program is to develop working knowledge about computers and impart skills to use the computers effectively in developing commercial and scientific applications.

Duration: Three years
The candidate shall complete the program within a period of seven years from the year of admission.

Eligibility: Same as the regular program in B Sc Computer Science.

Applicants can apply online for any course in Mumbai University - http://ideonline.mu.ac.in
8th August 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Colleges and entrance exams for part time M.A. in Economics? Career prospects of part time M.A. in Economics?

M.A ADMISION
22nd April 2012, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I am an engineering graduate and completed PGDBM in finance and marketing as well. Bu not getting any opportunity in equity research. what can i do in this case. I cant leave my current job with a stock broking firm as a dealer.
19th May 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I AM AN ENGINEERING GRADUATE AND ALSO COMPLETED EXECUTIVE MBA PROGRAM WITH 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN OIL INDUSTRY. I AM KEEN TO DO EITHER PART TIME OR DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE OF MA IN ECONOMICS. PL ADVISE. I NEED TO COMPLETE THE SAME IN MAX 3 YEARS AS IAM CURRENTLY POSTED IN MUMBAI
30th October 2017, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

I am working person and wanted to do MA in Economics for part time in mumbai. Please suggest name of colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?