22nd January 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?

how to apply for companies based on GATE score,how to get details about companies that are recruiting based on gate score?

Related Questions:
  1. Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?
  2. Companies hiring students after 58.75% in IC branch on the basis of GATE score? Minimum GATE score required?
  3. Is gate score valid for 2 years? List companies which hires candidates on Gate score basis?
  4. Public sector companies hiring on the basis of GATE score for Computer science students?
  5. Companies which consider GATE score for their recruitment? How to apply for those companies?
  6. What are the PSU undertaking companies offering recruitment without GATE for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student?
  7. Provide list of companies hiring Electrical graduates on the basis of GATE marks?
  8. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
  9. Which Companies are hiring the candidates through GATE score?
  10. List of private companies recruiting on the basis of GATE score? -- [New]
  11. List of companies that are recruiting through GATE exam?
  12. In which college of Tamil Nadu I will get admission if secured 31384 AIR in GATE(ECE) being an OBC student? In which company I can apply for job with GATE score?
  13. How can I get in core companies after scoring 82%?
  14. Which Companies recruit candidates through GATE score? How to apply for these companies?
  15. List of Electronics Companies that are hiring Freshers? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to start career after passing out Automobile Engineering?
  17. How could I come to know about the companies hiring B.Tech ECE students in off campus placements?
  18. Names of private and government companies which appoint CSE candidates on the basis of GATE score card?
23rd January 2011, 11:20 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?

without knowing your branch it is not possible to say the name of the company.

but if you have a valid qualifying GATE score then it will be preferable by all company. so do not worry. apply for company in which you want to join.

but there are so many company which don't recruit student who does not have any valid GATE score. but if you have valid GATE score then no problem.

best wishes.
24th January 2011, 02:33 AM
daxter

Default Re: Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?

Hello,

Definitely there are a lot of companies who hires on the basis of valid Gate Score
Basically a lot of Oil companies, NPCIL etc.
but you need to first tell us from which branch are you.
thats a major information needed.
24th January 2011, 11:43 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

Some of the companies select on the basis of gate score but some others also select according to the interview taken by them such as TCS,WIPRO etc for IT companies.

Your GATE score is an added advantage for the interview and if you are exceptionally talented then you are eligible for any jobs.

So choose carefully and all the best for your career.
25th January 2011, 09:09 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?

Dear friend

in present days,only IOCL is providing job on the basis of GATE score card.But the GATE score card is very important while going for job. If you have a valid GATE score card then you will get preference while facing an interview in a company.

Best of luck
7th February 2011, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?I am in ece 3rd year.i am nt gvng the gate ds year
13th February 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

sir can u say what is the cut off marks 4 iocl
15th February 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

am in ic branch and my academic aggregate is 58.75%
jst tell me which companies are recruiting ppl like us on the basis of gate score.
Do we hv to fill the application form of the particular company?
If yes then hw we cn know that there form has been out....
If possible jst mail me the solution of above quaries....
My email id [email protected]
16th February 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

I am final year student of electronics & telecommunication and want to know how to apply for various companies based on GATE score......
Is it applied before or after getting GATE score card?
22nd February 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

can u just expect the range of percentile for the marks around 20 to 30 in sc category.is percentile possible for those marks
23rd February 2011, 12:11 AM
Gaurav.jain88

There are some govt companies which consider GATE score card for recruitment like BARC, IOCL, BEL.

But they require very high score in GATE above 700 ouit of 1000.

In these exams if you have valid GATE score then you have no need to appear in written exam you can appear directly in interview.

Some institute conduct internship like IITs, IIMs, NITs and other reputed institute consider GATE score card for interview.

But in private company they will not consider GATE too much if you have then its good and if not then it makes no differnece for them.
3rd March 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

pls can u tell me the companies which recriuts on gate score..my branch is mechanical..
15th March 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I got 293 rank in gate 2011and my score is 710.can i get iocl job
15th March 2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

pls can u tell me the companies which recriuts on gate score..my branch is electrical
plz inform me on my [email protected]
15th March 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

im B.E Mechanical and my gate score is 8.9 and gate score is 81 is it my mark is eligible for any government jobs????????????????
16th March 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir my gate-2011, chemical, rank is 450 , what are the chances that i will get IIT, and which IIT.
17th March 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

wht is the eligibility creteria for taking admission in iits?
& wht r all company which recruit on the basis of gate score card for(ece branch)
18th March 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

sir my gate score is near to 360. i am from electronics branch. wat are the college i may get in mtech. provide me the details of the company that accept on the basis of gate score??? my email id is [email protected]
thank you
19th March 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

pls can u tell me the companies which recriuts on gate score..My gate score is 27.33 out of 100.
my branch is Computer Science.
plz inform me on my email [email protected]
19th March 2011, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

hello...i have 15064 AIR in gate..iam final year student of cse..please suggest me if this rank can help me to get addmission in any good college.i have agg. of 76% till 6th sem in cse.are there any companies who prefer gate score for computer science student..thanks
20th March 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

i have been qualified in gate in Electronics and communication branch. In which company I can have an opportunity
31st March 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i wrote gate 2011 i got 12060 RANK ,will it eligible for any company to recruit me(ECE).
1st April 2011, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir my gate-2011, chemical, rank is 450 , what are the chances that i will get IIT, and which IIT.
Hi friend, first of all congratulations on getting such a good score. in case if you are still wondering than i think that you can take your chances with MS in IITs. Its not bad except that it will take 3 years to finish and you will have to do some research work under some guide(an iit professor) and he will decide that you have qualified or not. Except these things you will attend the same classes and well be still in the iits. Also the recruiters coming to the iits will recruit you too :-)
Although if you are not sure than you can get into good nits which have quite a good reputation too.
So best of luck!
5th April 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 4 marks in gate 2011 .is this usefull for me?
pls tell.
6th April 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?

Just want to add-Barc cutoff fr chemical last yr was 475(score) and for iocl it was around 65(rank).If u have a gate score of more than 500 u should be eligible fr direct interview in BARC this year i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav.jain88 View Post
There are some govt companies which consider GATE score card for recruitment like BARC, IOCL, BEL.

In these exams if you have valid GATE score then you have no need to appear in written exam you can appear directly in interview.

Some institute conduct internship like IITs, IIMs, NITs and other reputed institute consider GATE score card for interview.

But in private company they will not consider GATE too much if you have then its good and if not then it makes no differnece for them.
7th April 2011, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxter View Post
Hello,

Definitely there are a lot of companies who hires on the basis of valid Gate Score
final year B. Tech. Chemical student
8th April 2011, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

my gate score is 329 . i am sc .can i apply in barc?
17th April 2011, 08:04 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend,without knowing your branch it is not possible to say the name of the company.

but if you have a valid qualifying GATE score then it will be preferable by all company. so do not worry. apply for company in which you want to join.

but there are so many company which don't recruit student who does not have any valid GATE score. but if you have valid GATE score then no problem.

all the best
19th April 2011, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Can You inform about the BEL Recruitment this year?
20th April 2011, 11:29 PM
vijaybhattoo07

Iocl job through gate 2011
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IOCL through gate score.pdf(119.1 KB, 238 views)
16th May 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

I am a topper of gate 2011 in both Electical and Electronics. Am I eligible for any job?
17th May 2011, 10:12 AM
ajeetpatel54
Member+

hi,

thanks
15th June 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? how to apply for such companies?Sir i got 13.33 marks in gate 2011 .i completed B.Tech(IT) in 2011. In which company I have an opportunity
pls tell.
16th June 2011, 11:53 AM
thangminlian

Smile Re: Companies hiring on the basis of GATE score? How to apply for such companies?

Quote:
sir can u say what is the cut off marks 4 iocl
im chemical engg student
18th June 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am a b.tech cse student just hv completed my 3rd yr nd gng to give gate 2012. I wnt to knw that cse students can get a govt. job after scoring a good score in gate exam.
26th June 2011, 01:37 AM
raisahab

Hi dear,

Thanks
1st July 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

I have gate score of 790 and rank 303... i want to get in to good company which can initially pay me around 1 million...my BTEC percentage is 80...
9th July 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

after getting a valid gate score could i get tata steal or railway job ? pls tell.
my email id is [email protected]
17th July 2011, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir

Since IOCL does not recruit Electronics and Communication Engineers, could you lend us the name of companies hiring on the basis of GATE score ?
23rd July 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

companies hiring on the basis of gate score ????????
i am a b.tech(IT) student
7th October 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

i m chemical engg student? pls tell me companies name in which i can apply through gate ?
7th October 2011, 11:14 PM
qmpzfgh

Companies like IOCL, BHEL are hiring people on the basis of their GATE score. Many more companies may add on to this list in future. As GATE score is valid for 2 years, it will be an advantage.
8th October 2011, 01:28 AM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Quote:
i m chemical engg student? pls tell me companies name in which i can apply through gate ?

IOCL-2012

You are a chemical engineering student.so for your branch, INDIAN OIL is recruiting through GATE-2012.
BARC also recruits THROUGH GATE ONLY.

SO PREPARE FOR GATE!!!!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf INDIAN OIL 2012.pdf(63.5 KB, 183 views)
13th October 2011, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Iam a computer science student and willing to write GATE . Will it be usefull for me to get an opportunity in any companies???
14th October 2011, 12:36 AM
imcool.force

Hi dear,

Thanks
14th October 2011, 09:13 AM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hi dear,

best wishes.
thanks
31st October 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.Tech with C.S stream, I want to know for those i can apply after gate 2012?
24th November 2011, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

good evening sir, i am the platform of electrical and electronics engg i already applied for the gate 2012
but i dont know about the companies who are hiring on the basis of gate score please list out the companies and how much cutoff did they need
3rd December 2011, 07:23 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) is an All India entrance exam which the IIT's and IIM's conduct for the selection of the candidates for the Master's program's in various colleges.

Now the PSU (Public Sector Union) companies used to recruit candidates by conducting their own respective exams like NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, etc and many more...

But from now, ie from 2012 GATE, these companies have decided that they would recruit candidates based on their GATE score and a personal Interview.

So till now the top companies which recruit via GATE are :

1. IOCL - Indian Oil Corporation Limited

Number of vacancies in 2012 : 225
Date of online form submission : 02-01-2012 to 11-02-2012
Eligibility : Maximum 26 years as on 30.06.2012 and minimum 65% for the General Candidates.
Click Here to Apply

2. NTPC - National Thermal Power Corporation

Number of Vacancies in 2012 : 300
Dates of online submission : 06-01-2012 to 26-01-2012.
Eligibility : Maximum 27 years as on 01-01-2012 and minimum 65 % in B.E, B.Tech/AMIE.
Click Here to Apply

3. BHEL - Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited

Number of vacancies in 2012 : 800
Dates of online form submission : 04-01-2012 to 28-01-2012.
Eligibility : Maximum 27 years as on 01-08-2012 and no minimum % specified.
Click Here to Apply

4. Power Grid

Number of vacancies : Not yet specified
Dates of online form submission : 04-01-2012 to 15-02-2012.
Eligibility : No maximum age and a minimum 50% in EE/EEE/Power Engineering.
Click Here to Apply

There are even more like BARC/OCES/DGFS etc, but at the moment only these have issued notices.

You would get more information on the Employment News. Read it here :

EMPLOYMENT NEWS

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
27th December 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxter View Post
Hello,

my branch is electronics & comm engg
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?