4th December 2010, 05:47 PM
coolmrshubham

Is Company Secretary a good field? How to prepare for it? Does it provide a good paying job?

Is C.S is a good field?
How to prepare for it?
Does it provide a good paying job?

8th December 2010, 06:01 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Company Secretary a good field? How to prepare for it? Does it provide a good paying job?

Company secretary course basically is related to the legal and financial aspects of a company. The CS is required to provide the support and be a link between the Board of Directors, share holders and the various government agencies. You need to have cleared you 12th standard to be eligible for the course. Any company with Rs 50 lakhs paid up is capital has to appoint a CS.
26th December 2010, 04:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Company Secretary a good field? How to prepare for it? Does it provide a good paying job?

Is C.S is a good field?

Yes, Definately CS is the best Course, to make your career bright and secure in future.

So, the Company Secretary is a Professional Course and after completing this course you will get good jobs in company with a good salary pacakage.

The work of CS in a company is very Important because he looks finance, accounts, legal, personnel and administrative functions.

Company Secretary is required to handle matters related to central/state sales tax, excise laws, labour laws and corporate law.

How to prepare for it?

To prepare for CS exams, you need lots of practice and dedigation. And Buy the Book name " First Aid for CS " OR "Kaplan LN". It was the best book for prepration of CS exams.

So, please study as a group and improve your comminication skills, Then you will be able to crack the CS exams.

Eligibility-

The minimum eligibility required for the Foundation course for Company Secretary is 10+2 or an equivalent examination.

Yes Definately !

The starting salaries of the Company Secretaries were 25000. But Salary of a Company Secretary will vary from company to company and depending upon various factors like volume of works and over-all capability of the Company Secretary.
26th December 2010, 06:59 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Yes, company secretary is a good career option. The career course of Company Secretary is not only prestigious but is financially rewarding too. The post of a Company Secretary is considered a respectable one in the society.

While a Company Secretary can aspire to get employment opportunities in government accounts or law departments, he can become a Chairman or Managing Director of a Company or be a part of the esteemed Board of Directors of a Company.

Remuneration:
A talented Company Secretary can hope to start his career with a monthly salary of Rs.15,000 - Rs.20,000.
26th December 2010, 08:09 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

The Company Secretary course is divided into three stages
Foundation Programme
Executive Programme
Professional Programme

Graduates from any stream(except fine arts), can enroll directly for the executive Programme.

The last date of registration is 28th of February to appear in the examination conducted same year in the month of December and 31st of August for the examination conducted next year in the month of June.

There is huge demand for CS because the number of successful candidates is less than required. According to sources, within ten years, 50,000 CS will be required in India. As a CS, you can either work with a company or you can practice independently.
A qualified CS can earn anything between Rs.25,000 to 50,000 in their initial stage.

For further information, please visit

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Phone-(011) 51504444, 24617321-24, 24644431-32
Fax-(011)24626727

Website - www.icsi.edu
26th December 2010, 08:23 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is Company Secretary a good field? How to prepare for it? Does it provide a good paying job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmrshubham View Post
Is C.S is a good field?
How to prepare for it?
well friend,

Is C.S is a good field?

yeah dude company secretary is one of the good job i must say.

How to prepare for it?

for preparation for CS exam , you should refer FIRST AID FOR CS or KAPLAN LN.

12 class passed is the eligibility criteria and it should be done from recongnized school.

yes man,

its having..a good pay scale .

good luck.
20th March 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

how about law after c.s?
6th April 2011, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Can we prepare for cs after completing 11th
14th May 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

I am M.A in English so can I do CS & how is the carrer of CS with Arts back ground. Is it mandatory for me to qualify the foundation programme
30th May 2011, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

i am 23 years old i have completed m.com last year i want to do company secretary course. I wanted to ask you that is it the right decision by considering my age???????? if not pls suggest me any good course in accounts field..... pls advice me
21st June 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed b.com this year, I want to ask you that rank in executive program how much affected for good paying job
6th July 2011, 03:25 PM
v.usha nandhini

Question Re: Is Company Secretary a good field? How to prepare for it? Does it provide a good paying job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i have completed b.com this year, I want to ask you that rank in executive program how much affected for good paying job
sir i have completed my b.com(ca) this year i want to study cs this year is this courese is very easy or hard to study?
6th July 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.com(ca) this year i have to study cs is this very easy or hard to study?
29th August 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a lawyer. I am contemplating C.S as a career option ....will it be a good field ??? I already have an LLb degree .
10th February 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for cs professional....in short duration
24th February 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

how to prepair for comapany secretory exucutive level exam?
12th April 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

CS is a very reputed career and highly placed and paid in the Corporate Sector.
Please go ahead with it.
It will fetch you a rewarding life ahead.
A CS is equal to a CEO or a CFO in a Company, infact, at a better position because a CS is constantly in touch with the Board of Directors of the Company along with the MD or the promoters which will inturn help one progress faster in the Corporate ladder.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?