31st January 2017, 09:58 AM
Gayatri Sahai

Is it compulsory to do Engineering after 12th to become an Air Traffic Controller? What should I do for it?

Hello sir, I am studying in 12th and want to become a Air Traffic Controller. Is it compulsory to do Engineering after 12th to become an Air Traffic Controller? What should I do for it?

31st January 2017, 07:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to do Engineering after 12th to become an Air Traffic Controller? What should I do for it?

Yes, for recruitment as Air Traffic Controller the minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed Degree in Engineering in Electronics, Radio Eng, Electronics degree with minimum 60%.

Even the candidates with M.Sc in wireless communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engg.. with minimum 60%.

The minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit is 27 years. So, if you not want to pursue engineering you have to pursue master degree.

Candidates have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by Airport Authority of India for final recruitment.
31st January 2017, 07:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to do Engineering after 12th to become an Air Traffic Controller? What should I do for it?

Although it is not necessary to pursue Degree in Engineering to get the recruitment in Air Traffic Control but it is the best and most easy way.

Candidates other than degree in engineering can pursue master degree in science with wireless, electronics or radio with minimum 60%.

The entrance examination is conducted by AAI. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-27 years. So,if you are not interested in pursuing B.Tech/B.E you can go with M.Sc.
31st January 2017, 08:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to do Engineering for recruitment as ATC.

The Airport Authority of India conducts entrance examination for the training and final recruitment.

The required qualification to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed degree in engineering or have M.Sc in any one of Radiology, Electronics, Wireless etc with I grade ( minimum 60%).

So, it is not compulsory to have engineering degree also age limit to appear for examination is between 21-27 years.
31st January 2017, 11:41 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

If you are not interested in pursuing the b.tech course you can still appear for entrance examination conducted for recruitment in ATC.

The candidates passed master of science in Electronics or even in Radiology with minimum 60% are eligible to appear for examination.

After qualifying in examination candidatea have to go through training session and candidates have to go through physical test also before final recruitment. But, as master degree will be of five year duration the best will be for you to pursue B.tech/B.E courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?