18th July 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to know Tamil to be Eligible for TNPSC exam? My second language is Hindi.

I can able to speak fluently in tamil but i dont know to write... my second language is hindi.. whether i can apply for the post..
reply me on my email id..

22nd May 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it compulsory to know Tamil to be Eligible for TNPSC exam? My second language is Hindi.

is tamil compulsary for tnpsc exam
2nd February 2014, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it compulsory to know Tamil to be Eligible for TNPSC exam? My second language is Hindi.

if i take french as second language in my 11 std,is it affect my competitive exams conducted by Tamil Nadu?
16th June 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Visit this link http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/Instruction%20to%20the%20Candidates_%2011.02.14.pd f
on para 10.Qualification in Tamil there is a note mentioned

" Candidates who do not possess an adequate knowledge in Tamil may also apply. If selected, they should pass the Second Class Language Test (Full Test)
in Tamil within a period of two years from the date of their appointment, failing which they will be discharged from service."

So you are eligible.
26th December 2015, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I am r.v. pooja I can speak and write tamil, in 2 my second language is french, whether i am eligible to write TNPSC EXAMS after completing law degree
13th September 2016, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to know Tamil to be Eligible for TNPSC exam? My second language is Hindi in school and college. I can speak tamil but I don't know to write tamil,
14th May 2017, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to know Tamil to be eligible for TNPSC exam? My second language is Hindi in school and college. I can speak Tamil but I don't know to write or read Tamil.
30th June 2017, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I have studied Tamil up to standard X, I have studied French in Standard XI and XII, Is I am eligible to write TNPSC exams?
30th August 2017, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

My second language is Hindi but my mother tongue is Tamil and I know to speak and read Tamil but I can't write will I able to appear vao exam
31st August 2017, 04:13 AM
cataleya11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My second language is Hindi but my mother tongue is Tamil and I know to speak and read Tamil but I can't write will I able to appear vao exam
You can apply for TNPSC examination since you can speak and read Tamil. There is no compulsory Tamil paper in TNPSC exam. However after clearing the examination you should clear the Tamil Test that will be conducted by the authority within 2 years of joining service. If you are able to qualify the exam you are secure with the job and if not you will be discontinued by the authority.

If you have studied Tamil in school level also you are eligible to apply for TNPSC and there will be no test on Tamil. This rule is set to ensure that the official understand and co-operate the issues of the common people of TN which will be hard without understanding the language.
21st January 2019, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

I have studied tamil as a second language but in college level I took french as second language so can I write government exams
28th March 2019, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Second language test in tnpsc we can refer previous year question paper, but what viva voice. I passed in written but not have any idea about viva, any one can tell details?
29th March 2019, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I have studied Tamil up to standard X, I have studied French in Standard XI and XII, Is I am eligible to write TNPSC exams?
6th August 2019, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Whether i am eligible 2 attend tnpsc if my hsc 2nd language is french?
10th September 2019, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

recently i heard that departmental exam (full test) is not necessary for other state staff. is it true?
25th September 2019, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I'm hindi student but I'm fluent in reading and writing tamil. Can i appear in Tamilnadu govt exams?
15th October 2019, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Please explain TNPSC Second Class Language Test, Third Class Language test.
3rd May 2020, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Do we need to know tamil for TNPS exam? As my second language is kannada .
23rd January 2021, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

My mother tongue is kannada, but I studied upto 12th with tamil and English as my language because i live in tamilnadu and so I dont want to write second class language test to secure my post.
My doubt in that I passed in 2019 tnpsc exam and as per revised syllabus and scheme of tnpsc after may 2017, whether I need to clear second class language test?
Whether 2019 batch selected candidates need to clear the test?
18th April 2021, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

My second language is hindi but i know to read and write tamil.. Am I eligible for tnpsc
25th March 2022, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

I have studied Tamil up to standard X, I have studied French in Standard XI and XII, Is I am eligible to write TNPSC exams is it possible?? Tell sir
28th June 2022, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

I studied in matriculation with Hindi as second language. I can talk and read tamil but cannot write. Can I apply for tnpsc exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?