3rd May 2012, 09:28 PM
mrinmoybiswas

Am I eligible for CAT Exam having completed M.Sc in Physics and working in Educational sector from 10 years?

i am 35 yrs old and MSc in Physics working last 10 yrs in educational sector.
am i eligible for cat exam??

2nd July 2012, 12:48 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT Exam having completed M.Sc in Physics and working in Educational sector from 10 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoybiswas View Post
CAT stands for Common Admission Test and CAT is an all India entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for the admission in management programmes of its seven business schools.

You must have 50% in degree and 45% is enough for SC/ST to write CAT exams.

About CAT exam:

It will have only two sections. The first section is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, the second section is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. These two sections will be implemented sequentially with separate time limits. The examination will be 140 minutes.

Top IIM’s in India:

## IIMA: Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad
## IIMB: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
## IIMC: Indian Institute on Mnagement Calcutta
## IIML: Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
## IIMI: Indian Institute of Management Indore
## IIMK: Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

You are eligible for MBA, because you have a degree and there are no age limits for MBA exams. So, you are eligible to write MBA entrance exams.

You can also apply for these MBA Entrance examination for admission in other top Business schools. If you have scored good marks in CAT Examination, then also you can get admission in top colleges. So please wait for this year CAT Examination notification.

MBA Entrance Examinations:

## XAT - XLRI Admission test
## MAT - Management Aptitude Test
## JMET - Joint Management Entrance Test
## CET - Common Entrance Test
## AIMT - Army Institute of Management & Technology Entrance Exam
## HP CMAT- HP State Combined Management Aptitude Test
## BIM - Bharathidasan Institute of Management
## GMAT - Graduate Management Admission Test.
2nd July 2012, 12:27 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT Exam having completed M.Sc in Physics and working in Educational sector from 10 years?

Yes, you are eligible for CAT exam having completed M.Sc. in Physics and working in educational sector for 10 years.

CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs through out India.

Any Graduate from any stream from a recognised University above the age of 19 years is eligible to apply for CAT.

There is no restriction to the upper age limit to apply for CAT. So being a M.Sc. candidate after serving in Educational line for 10 years, you are eligible to apply for CAT. After successfully cracking CAT, you may be admitted to either any regular MBA course or to any part time MBA course or Correspondence MBA course as per your suitability.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.nic.in
5th July 2012, 04:04 AM
Uttam Nandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoybiswas View Post
MBA is attractive to people of all professions and fields. MBA from a top B-school not only gives huge earning potentiality but also gives a boost in one's social status. That is why MBA is one of the most sought after course in India. Those who want to join top business schools in India like IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, IIM Bangalore, must crack Common Admission test or CAT. CAT score is accepted in all top 7 IIMs as well as in 150+ B-schools in India. Eligibility criteria is as follow
  • Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognised university.
  • For reserved category students minimum marks should be obtained is 45%.
  • Those university which give CGPA, equivalent percentage will be calculated as per rule of respective college.
  • Final year students can also apply.
And now coming to your question this is a very common question asked. But you can rest assure that you are eligible to write CAT. Because there is no restrictions on age. As you have done M.Sc. In Physics and have long experience in education field, you can use it in your advantage. Grow yourself if there is lacking in any area necessary to crack CAT. Then, give your best in the written test as well as in GD and interview.
28th June 2022, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for CAT exam after M.sc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?