19th September 2017, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory for a student to pass in maths in class 12 to join merchant navy?

Is it compulsory for a student to pass in maths in class 12 to join merchant navy? I am failed in maths in my 12 standard bt passed in physics and chemistry. can I apply for merchant navy? Can someone please answer me back soon? Thanks!

20th September 2017, 10:56 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory for a student to pass in maths in class 12 to join merchant navy?

Yes, the minimum eligiblity criteria to join merrchant navy is 12th standard from any affiliated school board. You must not have any pending backlog to fulfill the eligilbility criteria. As you are failed to score minimum passing marks in Mathematics, so you are not eligible to apply for merchant navy.

Now, you have to apply for reappear in mathematics exam. After clearing the backlog, you can apply for merchant navy subjected to fulfilment of below mentione criteria:

You must be an unmarried candidate.
You should have good eye vision.
After clearing the entrance exam, you have to clear the interview and medical fitness test.
20th September 2017, 04:39 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory for a student to pass in maths in class 12 to join merchant navy?

No, you cannot enter into merchant navy without maths because the basic eligibility required is to complete 10+2 or equivalent education in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) stream.

There will be an entrance exam to enter into Merchant navy. If you qualify in the exam you'll be eligible to enter into Merchant navy.

If you fail in 12th maths and if you really interested in Merchant navy then you need clear the maths and then you can apply for the Merchant navy entrance exam.
20th September 2017, 05:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is compulsory to have mathematics as main paper in 12th board examination to appear in entrance examination conducted for recruitment in Merchant Navy.

The basic required eligibility is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper.

So, if you have not passed 12th with Mathematics you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy.
20th September 2017, 09:08 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is compulsory for a student to pass in maths in class 12th to join Merchant Navy.

Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy:-

Candidates must have passed 12th standard with PCM subject from any recognised University.

Candidates age should between 16.5 to 19 years.

candidates should be a citizen of India.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination.

So you are not eligible to apply for Merchant Navy because you are failed in maths subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?