4th July 2016, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?

Hello Sir, I really want to join Merchant Navy so can u please tell me. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  2. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?
  4. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  5. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  7. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  8. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
  9. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  10. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  11. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  12. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  13. How to join Merchant Navy after completing BSc in computer science
  14. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  15. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  16. How a B.Com graduate can join Merchant Navy?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  18. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy as a Deck Officer after completing 12th in BSEB board with 71%
4th July 2016, 06:21 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?

Joining Merchant Navy involves the following steps:

->If you are wishing to enter the Navigational and Engineering fields of Merchant Navy, you need to complete a Bachelor's Degree in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering.

->The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical Science and Marine Engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

->You should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service and with eyesight 6/6 with no color blindness.

->You are selected for B.Sc Nautical Science degree or Marine Engineering degree through the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IIT.

->The examination is followed by a personal interview/counseling.

->The entry level of fresh Marine Engineer is at the rank of junior engineer and a Nautical Science graduate is as a Deck Cadet.

->Promotions depend on your experience and personal merit.

->Direct entry to Merchant Navy is also possible.
After completing your 12th with PCM you are eligible to join as Deck Cadets

->Direct entry Deck Cadets are required to undergo basic pre-sea training arranged by the recruiting company itself.
4th July 2016, 07:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?

For merchant navy you have to pass class 12th with PCM stream. There is no other way and only lower grade posts will be available based on non science qualification.
For getting higher posts in merchant navy you can look for course like B.Tech marine engineering or B.Sc Nautical science after passing class 12th with PCM.
5th July 2016, 12:24 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I really want to join Merchant Navy so can u please tell me. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?
Sorry, it is not possible to join the Marine Engineering or B.Sc Nautical Science course without studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2. So, it is not possible to study the Merchant Navy course after 12th without science subjects. There are courses like B.Sc Nautical Science, B.Tech in Marine Engineering and Diploma in Marine Engineering are available in the Merchant Navy field.
5th July 2016, 01:50 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

No,you can't do Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science.

For joining merchant navy you should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-

->>candidate should have pass in (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics,
Chemistry, Mathematics with 60% marks.

->>your age between 17 to 25 years as on 31st July.
5th July 2016, 04:54 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that without having studied science at your +2 level of examination, you will not be eligible to opt for any course in Merchant Navy as it is the minimum eligibility requirement. Therefore, if you have not studied science at your +2 level, then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?