15th January 2012, 04:20 PM
sa786

Which course I more preferable, either M.Tech or MBA? I'm in B.Tech(Computer science) 3rd year

i m a 3rd student of b.tech computer science, which course i should choose after my b.tech : mba or m.tech?

13th August 2012, 06:17 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course I more preferable, either M.Tech or MBA? I'm in B.Tech(Computer science) 3rd year

Hi dear..

As a B.Tech Computer Science student , MBA is highly recommended to you. As having a masters degree in Business Administration will give you an edge in IT companies as they need some Engineers who could manage people.

As far as M.Tech is concerned, it's generally recommended for ECE students, as they need a higher qualification in their subjects.

Rest it is all up to you, but I suggest you to do MBA.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy11
13th August 2012, 06:22 PM
Trusharrr

Smile Re: Which course I more preferable, either M.Tech or MBA? I'm in B.Tech(Computer science) 3rd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa786 View Post
i m a 3rd student of b.tech computer science, which course i should choose after my b.tech : mba or m.tech?
Hi Friend.....

You have a currently passed from good course. So, congratulation....

Now the MBA and M.Tech is depend your future interest....
  • If you want to go for own Buisness or Technical marketing then you must have to go for MBA..
  • If you want to go for technical & IT industries then you have to go for M.Tech..., through M.Tech you will get more experience in this fields..

Most welcome...
Best Regards.
14th August 2012, 04:39 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which course I more preferable, either M.Tech or MBA? I'm in B.Tech(Computer science) 3rd year

After completing B.Tech, i would recommend you to do M.Tech, as it would mean you are making your resume and your skills more powerful by doing masters. Computer Science professional at present have huge demand with a very high price tag and it would increase in the near future.
You can also join a company in the department of engineering you are specialized in and continue your masters while working. There are many companies who would encourage you as an employee to complete you masters. As it gives them more expertise from the same employee who is already trained. They save time and money this way, as hiring and training a employee involves a huge cost.

MBA again has many branches Finance, Marketing, HR, Event Management, Hotel Management, Entrepreneurship and Family Business, International Business, Information Technology, Energy Management, NGO Management, Healthcare Management, Sports Management, Operations, Public Policy Management etc.
It depends how you would bring your engineering skills into the new domain you get involved into.
You are the best judge to take this important decision. Consequently, when you chose, keep in mind that it is not going to be a short term issue, your entire future and professional career will depend on this. If possible take advice from your family, teachers and your seniors who are from the same field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?