13th October 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Which course is better for me between MBA and M.Tech being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of CSE?

i m be 3rd year student in cse branch and which is better for me mba or mtech?

21st December 2011, 01:33 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better for me between MBA and M.Tech being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of CSE?

Both the course of MBA and M.Tech are equally good. As a student of computer science and engineering you have both the options before you. Bear in mind that its very important that from which institution you are going to pursue the course. There are many jobs in which M.Tech will get preference and similarly in many jobs it will be MBA who will get the preference. I would suggest you that appear for the entrance test and then decide which course to pursue. Bear in mind that any course is just a stepping stone for any job. The main thing is the skill and knowledge you garner through the course. So which ever course you do between the do you will certainly have a good career ahead.
26th January 2012, 09:01 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better for me between MBA and M.Tech being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of CSE?

You can do both...but after B.tech , I will advise you to do M.Tech.

Both MBA and M.tech are 2 years post graduation course.

But MBA is a management course and M.Tech is a technical course...
Since you are from b.tech, so it will be helpful for you to do M.tech.

But if you are interested in management like business,corporation etc, then you can choose MBA.

The job perspectives are same in both the courses...so you can choose anyone among the two depending upon your interest....

If you are from a good college where the placement is good, then you can get jobs immediately after your B.tech....

Otherwise you can do Masters (like M.tech or MBA) to get a high profile job in big companies.

To do M.Tech, you have to give entrance exams like GATE, and for MBA, you have to give exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, JMET, SNAP, ATMA etc...

Best wishes....
27th January 2012, 10:00 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
My friend to appear for CAT/MAT/XAT you don't have to need 60% marks in 10th ,12th class.

If you want to join IIMs then you have to appear for CAT exam.In CAT exam you need to score atleast 98 percentile and min. 2 years work experience,only then you can get admission in IIM-A

Eligibility criteria for CAT exam is:

1. YOu should be a Indian

2.You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to
Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)]

3. If you are apperaing for final years exam of degree can also apply for CAT.

Eligibility for MAT:

1.YOu must not be less than 21 years when they apply.There is no upper limit on age of the candidate.

2.You can appear in this exam as many times as they want. There is no restrictions on number of times a student can participate in MAT exam.

3.You should have a graduate degree in any discipline from a institute which is recognized by UGC.

4.There is no as such marks criteria for the exam.

5.If you are appearing for final year exam of degree can also appear fro the exam.

You can obtain the MAT admission form from any branch of the Bank of Baroda and the counter of the AIMA. The price of the form is Rs 1200.

Pattern of exam:

1.MAT exam contains 200 MCQ questions,it is of 2-1/2 hrs.

2.Questions difficulty level will be medium.Questions asked are related to Data Analysis ,Language Comprehension,Intelligence and Critical Reasoning,Mathematical Skills.

Other than MAT you can apply for CAT if you want to have admission in good MBA college.

best of lk.
27th June 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I'm a student of final year and pursuing b.tech in chemical engg from NIT-B. I want to do MBA but my age is 20 can i apply for CAT,MAT etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?