28th February 2012, 04:51 PM
simra nasim

Which course should I do after completing my B.Tech? How to prepare for placements?

hiiiiiiiiiiii.i m pursuing B.Tech 3rd yr 6th sem in computer science and engineering with 73% percentile. m very confused in which field i should go or what course i should do after i complete my B.tech.i also want all the departments where i can join a company as fresher.i also want to know how i should manage my time to study syllabus and also prepare for placements.plz rply

20th June 2012, 09:36 PM
kengtha

Default Re: Which course should I do after completing my B.Tech? How to prepare for placements?

First of all you should aim at doing your btech course well.After btech you should aim at clearing GATE exam inorder to pursue higher studies or get placed in maharatna,navratna and miniratna companies.If you can clear GATE exam with very good score,you can get placement in companies like NTPC,IOCL,ONGC,SAIL,COAL INDIA,BHEL,BEL through GATE score.
You can join in -
PSU
Railways
Defense Sector
Banking Sector
Civil Services.
29th July 2013, 10:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I do after completing my B.Tech? How to prepare for placements?

You can try for M.Tech in streams like CSE, Information Security, or Communication Engineering. MBA or M.S courses are also suitable. Preparation for campus placements can be made after collecting detailed exam pattern and previous year placement papers. Qualifying GATE allow candidates to join PSU like BHEL, or BEL in the role of graduate engineer trainee. By fourth year, you can apply for CDS and ESE exam. Qualifying such exams helps you to join to Officer profiles in defense and engineering services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?