20th June 2010, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I opt after graduating in Bio general course without Honors papers? Is it true that general student can't study MSc course?

I have passed I.S.C with 75.6% marks(best of five except environment education paper) but failed in maths.I took admission in college under Calcutta University with "bio-general coarse (under 1+1+1 new regulation) and have no Honours paper".What coarse should I take after graduating?Under the new regulation i have heard general student can't study M.Sc coarse.I am clueless about my career.Can't decide what to opt for.Can't I study any further?Quite confused.Pls help me out!

12th July 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which course should I opt after graduating in Bio general course without Honors papers? Is it true that general student can't study MSc course?

Hello,
Well this is so disappointment for you as you didn't have any honors paper in your graduation. So under the Calcutta university you can't opt for the master degree that is MSc. So better to go for the MBA courses.
You can get easily admission in management courses. But if you face some of the management entrance exam then you can get admission in best B-school across India as well as abroad.
So better to go for the MBA course. As i know you can also opt for the MBA from the CU.
However, you can also go for the IGNOU for the MBA course.

If you are not interested to go for the further study then you can also go for some civil services as conducted by UPSC, SSC etc.

So the final choice is yours, select the best option for your bright career.

Good luck!!!
13th July 2011, 03:55 PM
sumit 1989

Default Re: Which course should I opt after graduating in Bio general course without Honors papers? Is it true that general student can't study MSc course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed I.S.C with 75.6% marks(best of five except environment education paper) but failed in maths.I took admission in college under Calcutta University with "bio-general coarse (under 1+1+1 new regulation) and have no Honours paper".What coarse should I take after graduating?Under the new regulation i have heard general student can't study M.Sc coarse.I am clueless about my career.Can't decide what to opt for.Can't I study any further?Quite confused.Pls help me out!
Hello, look given your condition if you know for sure that you cant do MSc without honour paper in calcutta, so try it somewhere else. There are so many colleges all around in India, private universities are also there. And not every where you need to have honours paper.

Best of luck. Feel free to ask if doubts remain.
14th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Satyendar_Singh1985

Thumbs up Re: Which course should I opt after graduating in Bio general course without Honors papers? Is it true that general student can't study MSc course?

Hi, It is just a rumor that students who did not have honour paper in the graduation level cannot do Msc. Infact you are elligible to take admission in any of the Msc course which are based on biology. While selecting the MSC Program you need to keep in consideration your strenght and weekness. For example, for Bio Chemistry you need a sound knowledge of chemistry and bio chemical reactions. I would suggest you to do master in general courses instead of professional courses keeping in mind that you did general course during your graduation. However, it totally depends on your area of interest and your strenght.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?