7th May 2018, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Courses available to become a Lecturer for 12th PCM student?

Hi friends, I am studying 12th with Science stream. I have taken PCM group. I want to become a Lecturer. So, I would like to know about the course through which I can achieve my aim. Can you please let me know about the courses?

15th July 2018, 06:07 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Courses available to become a Lecturer for 12th PCM student?

For becoming a lecturer or professor in any university, you need to qualify NET/SET/SLET and for appearing in these entrance examinations the minimum education required is a master's degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, being a student of Class 12th to become a lecturer you first need to pursue bachelor's degree followed by master's degree in concerned subject and then you need to qualify anyone of the three mentioned entrance examination.
15th July 2018, 07:40 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

To become lecturer in government and private college you have to appear and qualify in NET examination.

The minimum required qualification to appear in NET examination is that candidate must have master degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to complete bachelor and master degree to appear in examination. There is no age limit to appear in examination.
15th July 2018, 08:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You will become eligible for recruitment as lecturer in government college if you will qualify in NET examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55%.

There is no age limit to appear in examination.

So, you have to appear in examination.
15th July 2018, 10:13 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of Class 12th in Science stream to become a lecturer in your desired paper you first need to complete your class 12th studies, graduation, and the post-graduation degree course in your desired paper.

Once you complete your master's degree with at least 55% marks you are required to qualify NET ( National Eligibility Test ) for becoming a lecturer in colleges funded by Central government while you need to qualify SET ( State Eligibility Test ) for becoming lecturer in colleges funded by concerned state government.
16th July 2018, 12:18 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about becoming lecturer then for that you need to qualify either NET or SET.

Further, for appearing in these entrance examination you need to have completed your master degree course in your desired subject with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, being a student of Class 12th to need to complete your bachelor degree and master degree course in your concerned subject from a recognised university.

For more details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in while for details regarding different SETs you can visit their respective website.
29th December 2018, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

So in which college I'll be able to pursue my lecturership if i don't want to be in an engineering college? Or is it necessary to take admission first in engineering college to apply for my bachelor's and Master's degree? Please reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?