18th November 2010, 05:15 PM
kishormanthale

How do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

hello sir/mam i am studing in 2nd puc
my problem is that i am not able to concentrate when ever i sit for studing i feel like sleepy or somethings happens i am not understanding how to over come this problem there is too short time to study exams are near and i want to crack the exams well . i request you to give some tips to over come my problem so i can crack the exams

18th November 2010, 06:08 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishormanthale View Post
my problem is that i am not able to concentrate when ever i sit for studing i feel like sleepy or somethings happens i am not understanding how to over come this problem there is too short time to study exams are near and i want to crack the exams well . i request you to give some tips to over come my problem so i can crack the exams

what the hell are you saying .you are a student yaar . you should try to concentrate on your study . you said that you feel sleepy the reason that i guess is you study on your bed with sleeping posture .so avoid this and use table and chair . always keep a bottle of water and when you feel sleepy use this water.

you said that your exam is very near .so just focus on it . dont try to study overnight but try to get up early and study at morning. now its on you what to do . good luck for your exam
18th November 2010, 06:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

i think you are stressing too much mentally thinking about the exams. We need to make ourselves fully comfortable and start enjoying the studies. You get too tired when you stress yourself that is why you feel sleepy. I think take short breaks between studies and listen to music or do something you like to do. Prepare a time table giving enough time to play and take small breaks. Try this out and please see if this helps. There is no harm in taking the help of a psychologist or have some counseling
18th November 2010, 06:41 PM
mishra245

Default Re: How to do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

its only depends on your concentration of your study.
but you ask so some tips for this...
Take rest pauses for your studies.
When you get sleep take some foods and water at interval.
Permanent three hours reading should not take.
Keep the temperature in your room cool and comfortable.
Avoid naps during the day. If you sleep during the day, your body may not be as tired as necessary to get to sleep at night.
90 minutes before you go to bed, wind own your day and don’t participate in anxiety-inducing activities like checking your mail, email or even watching the evening news.
18th November 2010, 06:52 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

these are the tips and tricks how to study
1.first see your posture(posture totally depends) sit on a chair facing table having books aside with your book in front of your chest
2.whenever you feel sleepy have coffee and go to bathroom put some waters on you legs
3.make a time table with night hours to maths and physics
4.always try to ask experts and elders for doubts don't try to solve by yourselv it will take time.

good luck
18th November 2010, 06:54 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,you said you felt sleepy while you study.it shows you not interested to your subjects although some easy going tips can help you.
*wake up every day at 6 A.M.
*go for a walk and excercise atleast 20 min.
*take breakfast it it's called brainfood & can detetch your laziness during study.
*take lunch between 12-2 pm & dinner between 7-8pm.
*between these hours you can schedule your study hours as per your time table.
*remember when you are studying thougt only about yor topics leave rest of things during yor study hour.
OK, BEST OF LUCK.
18th November 2010, 08:30 PM
Vikram Naik

Smile Re: How to do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

Quote:
Hello Kishore...
This is the crucial time for you to study hard and do good in exams. However you'll need to work hard. I will suggest you one thing and if you are interested do it right. Do this carefully fine " imagine the things what you are studying and feel it as real", say this to your self " Yes this thing is there in this world and nothing is impossible" and again feel this "appreciate the things what you study".
God has given wings to butterflies which flutter, have you ever observed the colour of the butterflies, the patterns of design on their wings, you should actually say wow since these designs are natural and with beautifully coloured.
And another thing is try doing exercise in the evening or in the morning or at both times as this will keep you active and main thing is bring interest from within and remember to always appreciate the things all around you.
Dring fruit juices etc and study well..

Best of luck buddy... I wish you fare well.
18th November 2010, 09:18 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
please view your status after the sucess of your exam , it will push you to work hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravik1214 View Post
what the hell are you saying .you are a student yaar . you should try to concentrate on your study . you said that you feel sleepy the reason that i guess is you study on your bed with sleeping posture .so avoid this and use table and chair . always keep a bottle of water and when you feel sleepy use this water.

you said that your exam is very near .so just focus on it . dont try to study overnight but try to get up early and study at morning. now its on you what to do . good luck for your exam
drink 2 glasses water before studying...u feel sleepy because u r tired...please refresh urself...sleep for an hour inthe evening...then u wnt get sleep unless u u sleep
18th November 2010, 10:24 PM
sharla rahman

Default Re: How do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

Hi,
If u r studying at night then try to have dinner early because having late dinner makes you feel sleepy.
u may also have citrus fruits it will keeps u fresh.
u can keep some coffee or tea with you in a flask so whenever you feel sleepy you can have it.
just write your GOALS in bold letters on paper and stick it on a wall or table infront of you.
whenever your mind distracted during studies read that it will fill u with passion for achieving your aim
18th November 2010, 11:52 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: How do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

HI!

You feel sleepy while studying because you are not interested in your studies. Try to develop interest in whatever you study. You should start your studies with an easy & interesting chapter/topic & then move on gradually to a hard topic/subject.

For increasing your concentration power you should do meditation. Take small breaks while studying for longer duration.
Also avoid studying in bed.
19th November 2010, 05:03 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
The solution to your problem is that you try to study at that time when you feel very much energetic.
This condition is with you because you didi not have interest.
When you develop interest in any subject you will not feel sleepy.
So first is to develop interest in subject which you study and and you can study early moring for increasing your concentration
19th November 2010, 07:06 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
The good you to avoid is to drink plenty water and wash your face time to time when you feel drowsy and may be because of tiredness or alone studying your facing this problem better you do combined study...to avoid loneliness.
And at last prepare from your mind that you are not going to sleep as if you think before studying definitely you will get so first be strong in mind...
19th November 2010, 07:17 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

i think you are stressing too much mentally thinking about the exams. We need to make ourselves fully comfortable and start enjoying the studies. You get too tired when you stress yourself that is why you feel sleepy. I think take short breaks between studies and listen to music or do something you like to do. Prepare a time table giving enough time to play and take small breaks. Try this out and please see if this helps. There is no harm in taking the help of a psychologist or have some counseling

good luck.
19th November 2010, 07:20 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hi,

My suggestion for you is not to eat heavily,instead of having three heavy meals you can split your eating habits to 6 light meals through the day.

Eating heavy meals make you to feel drowsy.So better stop eating excess food.

Never study in your bed with a sleeping posture.

Avoid late night studies and practice early morning studies.

all the best
19th November 2010, 10:14 AM
lakveldi

try to do group study with exactly two person so that u will concentrate well
19th November 2010, 02:43 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

dear friend
you take so much tension about your study that's why you feel sleepy moody.you don't take tension because education is change my life in happiness so you don't take tension and you should gain knowledge like fun.why you are so aggressive .when you feel in tension then you see any funny movie or interesting song and then read you really don't sleepy mood.in the night you sleep 7-8hrs then your sleepy mood may be changed.
19th November 2010, 03:28 PM
prasadrathi

Arrow Re: How do I study because I feel sleepy and can't concentrate? Please help, give me some tips

yes kishor it will always happen in that age
if u want to concentrate on ur studies just look your study as game,passion & fun it will become easy to concentrate and u wil get interest in it.....
dont look ur study for passing...
just imagine if u get good marks u get each and everything what u want and thaT IMAGINATION GOES UR SLEEP AWAY FROM UR STUDY WHICH IS BECOMING BARRIER 4 U.....

GOOD WISHESH...TRY IT & GIVE REPLY WHAT U FEEL......
19th November 2010, 04:11 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

You are not concentrating on studies in the sense you have some problems which are making your mind not to concentrate on studies. You can study well when your mind set is good and you are very much relaxed. So first try to identify that problem and try to solve that. Even then you have the problem, just do meditation for a period of 5 minutes and start your studies. If you time permits, try to go for Yoga.

Feeling sleepy in the sense either you are sleeping overtime or less time. sleep 6 hours a day or maximum 7. Early to sleep and early to bed. Early morning is the best time to study well.

Study all your tough works in that time.

All the best.
3rd December 2010, 04:59 AM
Unregistered

just ask yourself these questions (which form a part of the solution)
Q1: "why do i need to study?" :ans: you develop motivation
Q2: "is this info helpful for me?": ans: you develop interest
Q3: "is it natural to be anxious?"ans: you become calmer {awareness is best medication}

answer to these questions are:
Q1: answer: it gives me purpose. of doing something in life. @ present this is it! so do it
Q2: answer: it is obviously. and ask urself more questions while reading some topic: keep it interesting
Q3: yes. everyone gets anxious.

suggestions:

get good sleep. less caffeine. less oily food. less television. : so you dont feel sleepy!!

more water. more calm breaks when reading {not tv}

more contemplation {yoga or meditation} or silently watching nature

ALL THE BEST.
3rd December 2010, 09:35 PM
miniking

tips to fallow:

1)take less meals at night time
2)take less fat food
3)eat cabbage and banana why because these things having rich iron, it will create more blood(generally people having less blood will take more hours for sleeping)
4)chit chat with your friends
5) see horror movie
20th January 2011, 04:57 PM
mychandru024

do meditation
take breaks while studying
dont study same subject for long duration.
jot down important points while studying.
21st January 2011, 04:16 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
just try to get cut of ur sleep
think that u have qualify and just qualify and nothing else.
whenever u felt sleep try to listen music of drink a cup of coffee
23rd April 2011, 03:08 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

enjoy your studies yaar simple sleep will go take pension.
3rd July 2011, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

hi sir/madam good mrng i am read well although i have not remember i get not good marks so i am feel so sad . my goal is very important our life how to get my goal please give me some tips
9th July 2011, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

i am interested in studying but i don't get interest in studying. why ?
10th July 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Does ranks depends upon the colleges
28th July 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i am in 12 what should be tha shedul
1st August 2011, 12:52 AM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

these are the tips and tricks how to study
1.first see your posture(posture totally depends) sit on a chair facing table having books aside with your book in front of your chest
2.whenever you feel sleepy have coffee and go to bathroom put some waters on you legs
3.make a time table with night hours to maths and physics
4.always try to ask experts and elders for doubts don't try to solve by yourselv it will take time.

Thanks
7th August 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dont procrastinate, instead, Think!, the faster i get started the faster i will finish. Success is not easy, but with positive attitude, good timing and valuable resources you can accomplish anything you set your mind to!
Good Luck!
8th August 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi There,

I am a mother and I am still breast-feeding for my 2 years old. I am also studying part-time and I find it is really hard to concentrate because everyday I only have 4-5 hours sleep which most of the time I had dreams, wake up to feed my 2 years old couple of times during the night and did not get enough sleep.

I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions that can help me boost my concentration for my studies? Any supplement vitamin that I can take to boost it?

Thank so much!!!!
24th August 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

i have to stand first in the college please give me some suggestions
22nd October 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

How to manage time. I go to colleg then to special coachin this makes me to run outof time. Time has become very scarce for mehow do imanage and get the best marks in 2 pu
22nd October 2011, 09:02 PM
Sohail inamdar

Sohailinamdar[QUOTE=;hello sir/mam i am studing in 2nd puc
my problem is that i am not able to concentrate when ever i sit for studing i feel like sleepy or somethings happens i am not understanding how to over come this problem there is too short time to study exams are near and i want to crack the exams well . i request you to give some tips to over come my problem so i can crack the exams[/QUOTE]
12th November 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Show the interest... it will come to you... If no interest it wont come to you ! I dnt think so you're showing interest.
18th December 2011, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

I was a bright student earlier but nw m not able to study wel cos my mind gets diverted plz help i want to score well
24th January 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i m in class 12 and i m able to study only in exams time but mi memory power is so less what to do to improve mi memory power and concentration? please give me a suggestion please>..............
29th January 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravik1214 View Post

sir am chan i have not yet started studing i want to score more marks
10th February 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

even i think of studying well when i am talking with my friends but when i come to room i will just pass my time with friens and movie ... but my mind will say to study but i will neglect fed up off itt?????
14th February 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

plzzzz tell me how to study i have only 20 days left for my 2nd puc board exam plzzzz give me right way how to study plzz esapecaly my theory subjects like history business studies and economics plzzzzzzz help me god will helu u please its a request plssssssss im really in the need plllllzzzzz
21st February 2012, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Hi. I'm jayprakash studying 2nd year diploma but my big draw back is that my travel hour for a day to college totaly is 5 hours nd college hours of 8 hours so i'm not able to concentrate well on studies nd i'm aiming distinction to this semester please suggest me....
29th February 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

hello sir in the beginning of 2nd pu i have much intrest but now in the exam time i m getting very much unconcentration about my studies so please suggest me wat to do for getting good result
1st March 2012, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam i complete my ug degree , now i'm working in a news paper company in packing department my working time is whole night time, but can i prepare for po exams what can i use as study materials?
18th March 2012, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam,how to manage between second puc and cet?could you suggest some tips to improve the concentration level
12th August 2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

how can solve the problem that cause lack of concentretion
14th September 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

When I am studying time, I am drowsy. can I solve the sleepy by drinking wine or alcohol?
4th January 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

thanks i got something clear that i am on my way to solving my problem.
17th December 2013, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

can i become a doctor if i am an average student scoring between 70-80% in class 12 science.if not please help me to achieve my goal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?