21st June 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Which degree is required to give UPSC Exam?

I have completed my 12th & interested in UPSC what degree I must attain to give UPSC exam?

22nd June 2012, 06:19 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree is required to give UPSC Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th & interested in UPSC what degree I must attain to give UPSC exam?
UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it is conducts the various examinations like SCRA Examination, NDA, CDS, Civil services examination, IES Examination, IFS Examination etc. The eligibility Criteria are vary from exam to exam.

If you have completed your Intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects then you are eligible for all the wings of NDA, But only unmarried male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 19 years are eligible for NDA.

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice and this examination is conducted by UPSC Every year and of you have completed your Intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a subject then you can apply for SCRA, for this your age should between 17 to 21 years.

For all other UPSC Examination, you need a graduate degree, For civil services examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years and you must have completed your Graduation in any discipline.

For CDS Examination, you have to attained the age of 19 years and not more than 25 years, Those who have completed graduation with Maths and physics as a subject may apply for all the Academy of CDS, The Notification was already published and the online registration was already started. Please visit the official website for more details.
22nd June 2012, 06:48 AM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend...

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission of India.
It is basically a government body which conducts exam for Class 1 officer recruitment.

UPSC conducts many exams such as NDA 1,NDA 2,SCRA,IAS,IPS,IES,CDS,etc.

After passing your 12th,you will be eligible to give NDA 1 and SCRA exam if you have studied Maths and Physics in your 12th.

The eligiblity of all other exams is at least Graduation from any stream from a recognised university.

Your age should be from 21 to 30 years for other exams except CDS.
So,if you have aimed to become an IAS or IPS,you should first complete your graduation.

Almost all the recruitment through UPSC is done in three stages:-
1.Written Examination.
2.Personal Interview.
3.Medical Test.

If you want to get detailed information of any of the above exams,please check the official website of UPSC i.e,
www.upsc.gov.in.

I hope that the infomation provided by me helped you.
Best of luck.
Thanks.

22nd June 2012, 07:06 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You have not mentioned the exam that you appear for. With your 12th qualification you are eligible for the NDA exam. This is provided you are not over 19 years old. If you wish to appear for the engineering services exam then you must pursue engineering in any of the four core areas i.e mechanical, civil, electrical or electronics. For the IFS, Civil Service any graduate can apply. You can visit the UPSC site for eligibility criteria for each of the exams.
22nd June 2012, 07:13 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
AS you are interested for applying UPSC exam , I am providing you the list of exam which is held by UPSC.

For this exam normally you have to be graduate in any stream .
The details eligibility criteria are as follows.....

Good luck.......
22nd June 2012, 10:18 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

UPSC-Union Public Service Commission,

UPSC conducting various exams as follows:-

Eligibility details for NDA:-

The candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state board and percentage is not required.

In this 3 wings are there Indian airforce, army and navy, for navy and airforce PCM subjects are must in 12th standard.
The age limits are 16.5 years to 19 years.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Eligibility details for CDS:-

CDS-Combined Defence Service,

To be eligible for this exam you must have complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

The age limits for naval academy is 19 years to 22 years,

The age limits for airforce academy is 19 to 23 years,

The age limits for military academy 19 years to 24 years,

The age limits for officer training academy 19 years to 25 years.

Male and female both candidates are eligible for this exam.

Eligibility details for IAS, IPS, IFS, IES:-

The candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university, and there is no percentage restrictions.

But for IES exam you must have complete graduation in civil engineering or mechanical engineering or electrical engineering or electrical and communication engineering.

For IFS you must have complete graduation in Animal Husbandry &
Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry,
Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics
and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture
or Forestry or Engineering from a recognised university.

The age limits is 21years to 30 years, 3 years upper age relaxation for OBC, 5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

For more details visit

Click here

All the best.
22nd June 2012, 11:03 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts various examination as under-

1)Combined Defense Service

2)Civil Service Exam

3)Engineering Service

4)Indian Forest Service

5)Indian Police Service

6)SCRA Exam

7)NDA Exam

8)IES Exam

As the different exams have different eligibility criteria so you can obtain the degree for the same in which you are going to apply like

1. If you have completed your degree with engineering then you can apply for IES exam.

2. If you have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline then you are eligible for Civil services examination or CDS Examination.
22nd June 2012, 03:44 PM
kavi gopani

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.
for UPSC you need a graduate degree in any course from goverment recognised college
and the age limit is 21 to 30
I am providing you with a link where you can get all the required information regarding qualification,application forms,sample papers,syllabus,etc-
http://upsconline.nic.in/

all the best
22nd June 2012, 03:47 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

hello
there are many exam which are taken by UPSC.
In separate exam there is separate qualification and eligibility criteria
for NDA:
canndiate age should be 16.5-19 yrs old. unmarried male and 12th complete with science in maths.

for SCRA
candidate age should be 17-21 yrs old. in this candidate have maths and physics subject in 12th class
all other exam also was taken by upsc in that candidate age should be in between 21-30 yrs old and graduation degree is required for applicable for upsc exam
best of luck
22nd June 2012, 05:14 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Which degree is required to give UPSC Exam?

Quote:
hi
The educational qualification for UPSC exam are:
They require that the candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination. They will however, have to submit a copy of a certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they have passed the requisite final professional medical examination with their application . In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce original Degree or a certificate from the University/Institution at the time of their interview .
22nd June 2012, 06:06 PM
Paras Gopani

hello,
The minimum qualification required for UPSC exam is you need to complete graduation in any field from a govt approved college and age limit must be 21 to 30 yrs
you need lots of preparation and information regarding this exam can be obtained from following link-http://upsconline.nic.in/

gudluck
22nd June 2012, 10:20 PM
jayshree bacchav

Quote:
Hello,

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it is conducts the various examinations like SCRA Examination, NDA, CDS, Civil services examination, IES Examination, IFS Examination etc. The eligibility Criteria are vary from exam to exam.

The minimum qualification required for UPSC exam is you need to complete graduation in any field from a govt approved college and age limit must be 21 to 30 yrs
you need lots of preparation and information regarding this exam can be obtained from following link-http://upsconline.nic.in/

all the best
23rd June 2012, 01:16 AM
epson

Quote:

A degree of any of University but incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956
23rd June 2012, 10:56 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

UPSC conduct the various following exams

NDA

CDS

IAS

IPS

IES

IFS

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF NDA:

The candidate should complete the 12th standard from any recognized state board of india.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible this exam.

The candidate age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible.

The candidate should have physical fitness to eligible this exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF CDS:

The candidate should have complete the graduation from any recognized university.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible this exam.

The candidate age limit should be between 19 to 24 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

The candidate should be physically and medically fit for this exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IAS, IPS, IES, IFS:

The candidate should have complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate no need the minimum percentage required to eligible this exam.

The IES exam the candidate should complete the engineering course.

The age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for obc candidates.

5 years age relaxation for the sc/st candidates.

4 attempts for the general category

7 attempts for the obc category

There is no limit of attempts for the sc/st categories.

Both male and female candidates are eligible but the candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate should have physical fitness.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
23rd June 2012, 01:29 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
UPSC stands for union public service commission.
UPSC conduct many exams like:
NDA
SCRA examination
CDS
IES examination
IFS examination
Each exam required different qualification and eligibility criteria.
if you have complete your intermediate exam with physics and maths you are eligible for NDA.But only unmarried male who has age between 16.5 to 19 can go for NDA.

SCRA required 12th class with physics and maths but age sholud be 17 to 21 years.

For other UPSC exam you have to complete your graduation.
Best of luck.
24th June 2012, 01:06 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai....

UPSC stands for UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION this conducts various exams to full fill the candidates in differnt jobs.Some of those are

NDA

CDS

IAS,IPS,IES

NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC two times in a year.Candidates who are completed 12th standard from a recognized university those are eligible.Age limit for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years.

CDs exam conducted by the UPSC twice a year.Graduate students are eligible to apply for this exam.Age limit for this exam is 19 to 24 years.

IAS,IPS,IES exams are called as civil services exams these exams also conducted by the UPSc once a year.Degree holders are eligible to apply for these exams age limit for exam is 21 to 30 years.upper age limit for OBC candidates is 33 years and 35 years for SC/ST candidates.

ALL THE BEST.....
25th June 2012, 11:17 PM
GURINDER BILLING

hello friend....!!!!

->you can give the NDA II entrance exam after giving your class 12 board exam.

->girls are not eligible for NDA .

->unmarried man are eligible.

->Here is the eligibility criteria,please check the eligibility criteria:-

NDA entrance exam eligibility criteria:-

>You should be minimum 12 pass out
>age limit-16.5-19 yrs
>you should be an unmarried citizen of india

->Exam pattern:-

>paper i is mathematics of 300 marks
>paper ii is the general ability divided into two parts:-
>part A is english of 200 marks
>part B is general knowledge of 400 marks
>so total 900 marks

Then there is the interview session on the basis of which you are chosen,so,always prepare the interview session carefully and give it with full confidence.

ALL THE BEST....
For more information you can visit the official website i.g given as follows:-

www.upsc.gov.in
30th December 2012, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

12th standrath means --->Art's or not...?.........plz replay.
30th December 2012, 06:23 PM
kiruthika m.m

UPSC conducts various exams like NDA , IAS , CDS , IES.After 10+2 you can only appear in NDA exam as all other exams require graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year, to appear in this exam the candidate must fulfill the mentioned eligibility criteria -

- the candidate must be a Indian citizen

- passed 10+2 (Science and maths) with minimum 60% aggregate

- between the age of 16 1/2 - 19 years

- physically fit with the minimum height of 157.5cm

- the candidate must be Unmarried male

To appear in other UPSC exams the criteria is -

- the candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university,final year students can also appear.

- the candidate should between the age of 21- 30 years.
25th January 2014, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

sir i am persuing Bsc.it from mgu through an insitution and they did fraud with me by not deposit my 4th sem fees so i have 1 year gap in 3rd and 4th sem (3rd sem in dec 2012 and 4th sem in jan 2014 ) and i have dream to give the upsc exam . can i give the ips exam . if anybody have any suggestion please help me . my con. number is 08010803292 and [email protected] . please help me from come out this problem as soon as possible. thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?