18th January 2011, 05:09 PM
sandeep hebbar

Eligibility for UPSC exam after engineering before getting the Degree?

sir i`m doing my engineering in final semester
and i want to apply for UPSC exam
i saw in Eligibility Criteria that degree is required to apply
but before main exam i`l get my degree
so is this possible for me to apply for UPSC exam this year??
please reply soon sir

18th January 2011, 05:33 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for UPSC exam after engineering before getting the Degree?

Engineering degree candidates in their final year are eligible to appear for Preliminary exam of UPSC. They need to provide proof of passing their qualifying degree exam with the main exam forms.
18th January 2011, 05:46 PM
prateek tyagi

Default Re: Eligibility for UPSC exam after engineering before getting the Degree?

Your age limit is 30yrs for this .you even apply in the 4th year.you must clear the exam of this.
18th January 2011, 06:53 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Sandeep,

You have noticed the right thing in the advertisement,if you apply before completing your degree then you will not be allowed to appear ,or before taking personal interview then you can be a disqualified candidate.So apply after passing and fulfilling all eligibility criteria.
18th January 2011, 07:07 PM
shubham957

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep hebbar View Post
please reply soon sir
you can not apply this year because in the form you will have to write the percentage you got in your btech degree, according to which your eligibility for the exam is checked by them. so you must try next year. for more details about upsc exam, log on to their official website
www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
18th January 2011, 07:27 PM
waseemjhd

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for UPSC exam after engineering before getting the Degree?

friend,you are eligible to write UPSC preliminary exam in final year but for UPSC mains you are supposed to submit degree completion certificate.This following links contains question papers and more information about UPSC exam.All the best.

http://www.iupsc.com/upsc-civil-services-aptitude-test-csat-2011
http://www.civilserviceindia.com/subject/Public-Administration/suggested-reading.html
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
http://www.onestopias.com/exams/default.asp
http://www.ncert.nic.in/index.html
18th January 2011, 07:28 PM
kengkora

Yes you can apply and seat in the preliminary exam, but after getting through it you must submit your degree certificate along with the Mains application form.
ALL THE BEST
18th January 2011, 07:30 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Since your in the final semester you can apply for most of the exams conducted by the UPSC like:-

CDS,CSAT,IES,Railways(RRB),CPO and other such exams.

But its just a consideration given for the candidates who are in their last semester of the B.Tech course.Since you have not mentioned the exam you need to go through in the UPSC board so its better that you go through the exams conducted by the UPSC in the official website of the UPSC

http://www.upsc.gov.in

You can even visit the following website to get the eligibility details conducted by the UPSC board

www.upscexam.com
18th January 2011, 07:38 PM
kengkora

Yes you can apply and seat in the preliminary exam, but after getting through it you must submit your degree certificate along with the Mains application form.
ALL THE BEST
18th January 2011, 08:16 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible since final year students can apply for UPSC exam.
Best Of Luck!!!
18th January 2011, 10:37 PM
prateek tyagi

You must complete your degree.you can apply even in 4th year of your graduation.your age limit must in between 21 to 30yrs.
19th January 2011, 08:35 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Dear Friend

Definitely you are eligible for UPSC exam after engineering before getting the Degree.It is necessary that you have clear all your papers.For further information you may go to the lints listed below:
http://www.civilserviceindia.com/subject/Public-Administration/suggested-reading.html

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Best of luck......
19th January 2011, 03:36 PM
abhimanyu2688

A final year engineering student can appear in the UPSC CS Exam as an appearing candidate and your age must be between 21-30 years.
23rd January 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

i completed my B.E. electrical.i want to give UPSC.please give me information about perticular exam for electrical subject..
24th January 2011, 01:43 AM
daxter

Hi,

Yes you can appear in the UPSC exam as you desire.

but after qualify you have to submit your certificate.
24th January 2011, 02:04 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

UPSC [Union Public Service Commission] conducts various examinations e.g. IAS [Indian Administrative Service], IFS [Indian Forest Service], CDS [Combined Defense Services], etc. Since you are a graduate you are eligible for all the exams conducted by UPSC. Specifically which exam are you interested in?
24th January 2011, 05:03 AM
prtk.co

The eligibility for this exam are-
1.You must have a bachlor degree.You can even apply in the last year of your graduation.
2.Your age is must in between 21 to 30yrs.
24th January 2011, 09:22 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

UPSC exams are conducted every year.

Its age limit is between 21 to 30 yaers with relaxations for student beloging to backward classess.

It conductes many exams in a year i.e. IAS,IES,NDA,CDSE etc.

You can apply for any of them .

Its notifications are available in the daily newspapers,magazines.

For more information you may visit www.upsc.gov.in

Best wishes!!!!!!!!
24th January 2011, 11:08 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my B.E. electrical.i want to give UPSC.please give me information about perticular exam for electrical subject..
dear friend.

you go for the engineering service examination 2011,by upsc.

your eligible for this exam.the notification is released.last date to apply exam

7.2.11.you can apply online also.visit the line.

http://http://www.upsconline.nic.in/
24th January 2011, 12:44 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for UPSC exam after engineering before getting the Degree?

Hi

To apply for the any UPSC exam you should have degree first . Means to say that you have to complete your final year and after completing your final year you can apply for the exam. If you do not have degree at that time then you can attach provisional degree which you obtain from your college.

But at the time of the interview you have to show your degree. So first complete you final year and then apply for the respective exam in which you are interested. You can apply for the IES and CDS exam after completing your degree. These are the exams which are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

So you have to drop the idea of UPSC exam for this year and apply for the various UPSC exams in the next year such as IES and CDS.

GOOD LUCK
24th January 2011, 02:09 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
if you are talking about the indian engineering services exam then you apply as early as possible because the last date is in the first week if February,
you should be above 21 years of age to attempt the exam,
the exam is of 3 days and there are 5 papers to write
day 1:general studies paper
day2bjective paper 1 and 2
day3:conventional paper 1 and 2,
you have to be really well prepared to clear the exam
all the best
24th January 2011, 03:28 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

you are eligible to write for the exam in your final semester but if you have pass the examination then you have to produce the proof of passing your degree at the time when they ask to you.

So prepare well and you an write for this year.

Best wishes!!
15th March 2011, 05:06 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep hebbar View Post
please reply soon sir
I suppose you must be referring to the Engineering Service Examinations.
Now the basic eligibility criteria for the exam is as follows:

1.Age:

Candidate must have attained minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of the exam.

2.Educational Qualification:

A Bachelor;s degree in engineering from a recognized university.. Final year students can also apply.

*Now if you have completed your final year and are waiting for the results then also you can apply.

*If you are in the final year and are going to appear for the final exam, then also you can apply.
17th March 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

hello! m in 11th standard and my aim is to become ips officer and m in a delimma that how should i become graduate as soon as possible my stream is PCM and according to me eng. requires 4yrs and i want to get graduate in minimum 3 yrs so that i can prepare for upsc exam so please do tell me that how should i get graduate.....please help do rply as soon as possible that will be really helpful to me....:)
18th July 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

can correspondence B.tech holder apply for UPPCS?
7th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Would you please tell me, is there any percentage criteria for appearing in UPSC exam for B. E or any other bachelor degree students?
14th October 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Hi Sir/Madam

I have completed my degree in correspondence with UGC approved university so can i apply for UPSC exam could you please some one help me out regarding this.
my email id is"[email protected]"
14th October 2011, 04:27 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

You are eligible to write UPSC preliminary exam in final year but for UPSC mains you are supposed to submit degree completion certificate.This following links contains question papers and more information about UPSC exam.All the best.

http://www.iupsc.com/upsc-civil-services-aptitude-test-csat-2011
http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st December 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

where to get applicatiion form?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?