14th February 2012, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give Preliminary Exam of UPSC being a student of final year B.Sc? Required percentage of marks in Graduation for this?

I am a BSC final year student. Am i eligible to give UPSC preliminary exam. What is the required percentage in graduation for appearing

14th February 2012, 01:05 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give Preliminary Exam of UPSC being a student of final year B.Sc? Required percentage of marks in Graduation for this?

Hi dear.........
The details eligibility criteria are as follows......

For more details visit website ..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
14th February 2012, 05:57 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give Preliminary Exam of UPSC being a student of final year B.Sc? Required percentage of marks in Graduation for this?

There is no percentage of marks required for UPSC Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment to the top post in various administrative Dept. of Govt. of India.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. There is no requirement of any percentage of marks for application to Civil Service exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

With the above qualification criteria you can attempt this exam four times according to your age if you are a general candidate which is up to 7 attempts in case of OBC candidate and no such limits for SCC/ST/PH category candidates.

For more information you can log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
14th February 2012, 06:24 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to give Preliminary Exam of UPSC being a student of final year B.Sc? Required percentage of marks in Graduation for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a BSC final year student. Am i eligible to give UPSC preliminary exam. What is the required percentage in graduation for appearing

Eligibility For UPSC Preliminary Exam

The UPSC Preliminary Exam is also known as the CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) is the first stage of the Civil Services Exam conducted for the recruitment for IAS,IPS,etc..

Eligibility Criterion For Appearing in Civil Service Exam:-

1) All the candidates who have completed their graduation from a recognized University or are in the final year of graduation are eligible for appearing in the exam..

2) The candidates must also be within the age limit of 21-30 years if belonging to general category,21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 if SC/ST..

3) The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general candidates is 4, 7 for OBC and no restriction on the number of attempts for the SC/ST/PWD..

Provided that you are within the prescribed age limit..you are eligible for appearing in the Prelims Exam as you are in the final year of your graduation..

Exam Pattern :-

The Prelims will consist of 2 papers which will test you mainly on General Awareness and Aptitude Skills..

The Mains however, shall consist of 9 subjective papers which will test you on the knowledge of your graduation as well as English..

The forms for the Civil Service Exam in 2012 shall release on 4th February,2012 and the last date for submission of the form is 5th March,2012..

The Prelims will be conducted on 20th May,2012 and the Mains shall be conducted on 5th October,2012..

For more queries on the exam you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 64 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: pdf IAS Mains Sample Paper 4.pdf(942.7 KB, 111 views)
14th February 2012, 06:58 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

YES, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UPSC EXAMS

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION 2012

IAS/IPS/IFC etc

PRELIMINARY EXAM IS ON 20 MAY 2012

Minimum Qualification

Candidate should be Graduate from recognized university.

(no percentage is required just passing marks are enough)

Number of Attempt

General - 4 attempt

OBC - 7 Attempt

SC/ST - No limit on number of attempt

Age Limit

General - 21 to 30 yrs

OBC - 21 to 33 yrs

SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs

Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs

Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs

Physical Standard

Candidate should be physically fit

Fee

50/-

How to apply

candiadte are required to apply online by using website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Last date for receipt of Application - 5 march 2012
14th February 2012, 08:39 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

Criteria for UPSC exam:

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*Age- 21 to 30 years
3 years for OBC candidate
5 years for SC/ST candidate

if you satisfy all these criteria then you are eligible to give UPSC exam...

14th February 2012, 10:18 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Yes, You are eligible for appearing in UPSC exam.

UPSC exam can be expanded as Union Public Service Commission which can be defined as the commission conducting entrance exams for joining as central government employee. For appearing in this exam you must have some eligibility criteria. Those eligibility list are as follows.

1. You must be citizen of India.

2. You must have completed your graduation of any discipline from a
recognized university. For some exams specific courses of graduations are
required. Even final year students are also eligible for appearing in this
exam.

3. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years. The upper age limit
can be relaxed upto 3years for OBC category candidates and 5 years for
SC/ST candidates.
25th February 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

sc st qualified upsc markes
25th February 2012, 10:00 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Civil Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year once to take qualified students into different service post in government sector like
>>Indian Administrative Service
>>Indian Police Service
>>Indian Defense Accountant Service
>>Indian Revenue Service
>>Indian Foreign Service etc..

To appear for civil service exam,you should have completed or appearing for final exam of graduation course with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

After fulfilling with this criteria,then you will eligible to apply for civil service exam.Civil Service exam consist of Preliminary exam and Main exam.

Preliminary exam notification released on 11th Feb 2012,closes on 5th March 2012 and exam will held on 20th May 2012.
After clearing the Preliminary exam,you will eligible for Main exam.
Main exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.

To become a IAS/IPS officer,you should clear the Civil Service exam with top score.

Visit official website for more details.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th October 2013, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the requisite of college for graduation? How can i know that the university is recognized or not? Plz give me the crieteria for clg and university...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?