8th April 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about SSB?

Can you provide me detailed information about SSB?

thanks

9th April 2011, 02:36 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information about SSB?

Hi,

Service selection board (SSB) is selection procedure of all the defence forces.

This selection procedure consist of two stages i.e Stage-I and Stage-II.

In stage-I there are two rounds
a) screening test.
b) Picture perception and discussion test

After this round higher scoring candidates are selected for stage-II rest are returned back to their homes.

In Stage-II you have to say at SSB center for next 3-4 days. this round consist of:
a)Psychological Test
b)Individual & Group Tasks
c) interview
d) conference.

After these two stages selection broad shortlist a few candidates for medical and after that a common merit list is displayed by board showing the names of recommended candidate.

this is the whole procedure of SSB.

All the Best....
25th May 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
Is there any specific dress for SSB.
31st May 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

give me detail about how to prepare for nda ssb
5th August 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

can i join SSB after my 12th with MPC
17th August 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

when will come call later
29th September 2011, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

what 's the requirement for joining SSB?
29th November 2011, 08:31 PM
tuntunia

hello

Service selection board (SSB) is selection procedure of all the defence forces.

This selection procedure consist of two stages i.e Stage-I and Stage-II.

In stage-I there are two rounds
a) screening test.
b) Picture perception and discussion test

After this round higher scoring candidates are selected for stage-II rest are returned back to their homes.

In Stage-II you have to say at SSB center for next 3-4 days. this round consist of:
a)Psychological Test
b)Individual & Group Tasks
c) interview
d) conference.

After these two stages selection broad shortlist a few candidates for medical and after that a common merit list is displayed by board showing the names of recommended candidate.

this is the whole procedure of SSB.
26th January 2012, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

I want to know the last date to apply si in ssb 2012exam.please reply in my email adress [email protected] .
18th March 2012, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

qualification abut ssb in army
8th April 2012, 09:14 PM
Dilbag86

there are many ways of earning Commission as an Officer in Indian Armed Forces, both for civilians (after 10+2, Graduation, Post Graduation), as well as for Serving Personnel. Whatever be the mode, SSB is the step all have to clear, except for the Medical Corps. There is no limit on the number of attempts that can be made and the SSB Assessors encourage candidates to appear again for SSB.
The interview exercise is mainly a Psychological Asessment of the personality of the candidate, to gauge his/her potential as a future Officer in Indian Military. The tests conducted by the SSB aim at selecting individuals with OLQs (Officer Like Qualities).
These qualities include Effective Intelligence, Sense of Responsibility, Initiative, Judgment (under Stress), ability to reason and organize, Communication Skills, Determination, Courage, Self-confidence, speed in Decision-making, Wllingness to set an Example, Compassion and a feeling of Loyalty to the Nation (India).
Most of the tests require average intelligence. The SSB attempts to gauge the natural responses of the individuals. The tests are graded into various categories of both individual and group variety and each batch of candidates goes through the subtle testing pattern in the course of a few days. They are under observation not only while they perform in various psychological tests but even as they conduct themselves during the course of their stay at the SSB headquarters, where they are billeted for that duration.
The SSB Board is not concerned with the number of vacancies. Its responsibility is to assess and then, recommend. After recommendation, the candidates appear for Medical Examination and after that is the Merit List. Those who finally make the grade join for training and hence become Commissioned Officers.
Origin of these type of testing belongs to first world war era. In first world war, large number of casualties on battle fields necessitated recruitment of best fighting talent in armed forces. For this need, psychologists designed some scientific tests which assesses candidate's Officer Like Qualities (OLQs). Over the years SSB testing has been improved based on feedback and has been proved to be an effective and accurate way of selecting candidates who are capable of being at least an average officer after training although SSB is the world's toughest army test.
The candidates who are declared by UPSC as having cleared the written exam or recommended by Preliminary Interview Board (PIB)in case of Territorial Army (TA), as well as those shortlisted in Direct Entries are called through Call Letters to appear for SSB (Allahabad/Bangalore/Bhopal/Dehradun/Mysore/Varanasi/) at the Centre allotted to the candidate. There have instances when the call-up letter fails to reach the candidate and the onus lies on the candidate to be alert and contact the office after a reasonable amount of time if the letter is not received when UPSC written has been cleared. Similar is the way for service candidates, except for that their movement is intimated to their seniors via movement orders. For navy there are three selection centers all over India i.e. Bhopal, Bangalore, Coimbatore. For Air Force the selection centers are situated at Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi. For Army the selection centers are at Allahabad, Bangalore and Bhopal. For example a selection center is divided into many SSB boards such as, the Bhopal SSB(Services Selection Central) center is a combined board for Army and Navy, is situated in Sultania Infantry Lines. There are four boards in Bhopal, they are named as numbers, For army it is 20 SSB, 21 SSB, 22 SSB. For navy it is 33 SSB. There are five boards in Selection Centre East, Allahabad, again named as numbers, 11 SSB, 14 SSB, 18 SSB, 19 SSB, 34 SSB.
29th October 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I APPLY FOR SSB.?
22nd January 2013, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i m b.tech(I.t) passout. i want to know about the S.S.B(indian army) procedure for engineering pls response me my mail id is [email protected]
29th March 2014, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i want to know what scope for students in ssb after complition of diploma and degree in engineering..plz reply me my mail id is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?