23rd December 2011, 05:12 PM
Rachha Ganesh prasad

Details about IRS entrance exam? What is the procedure, date and eligibility?

Dear sir/madam,

Plz gve me details about IRS Exam regarding Examination date, subjects, procedure and eligibility.
thanks

27th December 2011, 08:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details about IRS entrance exam? What is the procedure, date and eligibility?

To become an IRS officer, you should appear for the civil services exam conducted by UPSC. There are two stages for the civil services exam – Preliminary exam called CSAT and the Main exam. The minimum qualification required to appear for CSAT is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years. The next exam will be held on 20th May 2012. You will get the application forms from 4th February 2012 onwards. The last date to submit the filled application will be on 5th March 2012.
10th January 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Details about IRS entrance exam? What is the procedure, date and eligibility?

Is there any relaxation for the students who have completed Chartered Accountancy?
22nd January 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary of an civil engineer who scores a high marks inthe examination ?
22nd January 2012, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

what isthe salary of an civil engineer who scores high marks in IRS examination and what will be his position inthe job ?
14th February 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

i m student of last semester b.e. ECE WHEN I WILL ELIGIBLE FOR UPSC EXAM
22nd February 2012, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of t.y.b.com appearing in the batch of 2012-2013 can i able to appear in csat exam which. held on 2013,pls rply thanks
22nd February 2012, 10:45 PM
rvidyasagar

IRS stands for Indian Revenue Service. Recruitment for this service is covered under the UPSC Civil Services Exam.

So, all you have to do is apply for this exam. This exam is conducted in two parts, Prelims and Mains.

The notification for the exam for the current year is already out. You have to apply online before 5th March. The Preliminary exam is scheduled for 20th May.

You have to be a graduate in any field to appear for this exam. You have to select two optional subjects from out of a list of about 25 subjects.
22nd February 2012, 10:50 PM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m student of last semester b.e. ECE WHEN I WILL ELIGIBLE FOR UPSC EXAM
Students appearing for the final exam are also eligible to sit in the UPSC exam. The only condition is that you should produce proof of passing the exam by the time the main exam takes place. The Main exam will take place by July/August. Hence, if you are sure that your results will be in by July/August, then go ahead and apply.

The applications close on 5th March. So, hurry up!

All the best.
22nd February 2012, 10:55 PM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
what isthe salary of an civil engineer who scores high marks in IRS examination and what will be his position inthe job ?
There is absolutely no difference in the salary on account of anybody's marks in the competitive exam. Look buddy, this is how govt works!

Only impact of a high score is that his rank in the exam will be high and his seniority over others will also be high. So, when a seniority list is released in the department after he joins service, he will be senior than the other similar colleagues with lesser marks. This will have an impact in the sense that he will be getting earlier promotion.
20th May 2012, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

When will be the next IRS entrance exam ll b conducted...
28th July 2012, 02:36 AM
Unregistered

Whether womans are able to join irs or nt?
30th August 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

as i m BE eee studen btch of 2009 to 2013..my qsn is when i cn attend d exam for irs?
31st August 2012, 12:37 AM
07vidhi

hello,
To become an IRS officer, you should appear for the civil services exam conducted by UPSC. There are two stages for the civil services exam – Preliminary exam called CSAT and the Main exam. The minimum qualification required to appear for CSAT is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years. The next exam will be held on 20th May 2012. You will get the application forms from 4th February 2012 onwards. The last date to submit the filled application will be on 5th March 2012.

regards
vidhi
31st August 2012, 03:28 PM
vishwasourabh

Thumbs up Re: Details about IRS entrance exam? What is the procedure, date and eligibility?

Quote:
IRS stands for Indian Revenue Service. Recruitment for this service is covered under the UPSC Civil Services Exam.

So, all you have to do is apply for this exam. This exam is conducted in two parts, Prelims and Mains.

The notification for the exam for the current year is already out. You have to apply online before 5th March. The Preliminary exam is scheduled for 20th May.

You have to be a graduate in any field to appear for this exam. You have to select two optional subjects from out of a list of about 25 subjects.

good luck....
3rd November 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

i am age of 31 years and i have done ca can i apply for irs
26th November 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Please provide the syllabus for the preparation of IRS Exam.
27th November 2012, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

sir,
my date of birth 12/2/1993 , sir can i appear for upsc exam may 2013
6th December 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Is there any requirement to first get registered for course and time limit to appear for exam ( say after 9 months of registration)?
6th December 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

is there any requirement to first get registered for course?
6th December 2012, 07:34 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Details about IRS entrance exam

12th January 2013, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

in which site i'll apply, and being a c.a there is any exemption in any subject?
15th January 2013, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,

can you please tell me, when IRS forms will be out for 2013.
1st February 2013, 08:51 PM

Dear sir/madam,

Plz gve me details about IRS Exam regarding Examination date, subjects, procedure and eligibility.
thanks
Sitaram Agrawal
13th February 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can you please give me the information about the IRS exam date for 2013?

Thanking you
Meera Joshi
24th March 2013, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

I m doing b.com in 1st year
I want to do IRS
Will you plz tell me can I do IRs
If yes , what's d procedure to do
N from where also
18th October 2013, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Hello. Do percentage scored on matric matters for applying upsc since i have got 2nd div.......
21st October 2013, 03:47 AM
Unregistered

Right now, i am a CA-IPCC student, from now how should i take-up my studies so as, after completing my CA, I woule be a strong candidate of IRS...?
10th March 2014, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Now in doing my b.e civil.I would like to apply for irs...what is the procedure for attending the exam
11th May 2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

i have to know about specific subject knowledge required for IRS examination
2nd June 2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

What is the pattern of enterance exam for M.Tech admission in IIRS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?