16th August 2010, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Difference between GATE and UGC-NET in Computer Science? Which option is better and easier?

what exactly is the difference between GATE and UGC-NET in computer science?................sorry for sounding uninformed........ also which option is better and easier????????????

23rd May 2011, 08:40 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between GATE and UGC-NET in Computer Science? Which option is better and easier?

The Gate exam is taken by candidates who wish to take up Masters in Technology or Masters in Engineering course. For taking the UGC NET exam a minimum of Masters degree is a must. So if you are taking computer science as an option then you need to be an M.Tech/M.E. Also this test is taken by those who aspire to be Lecturers. So you need to decide based on what your career aspirations are.
15th July 2011, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between GATE and UGC-NET in Computer Science? Which option is better and easier?

i m a mca pass out student and want to become a lecturer in governent degree college so i m opt for gate or net
21st September 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i have done btech. and i want to become a lecturer...so whether i shud go for gate or net exam..??
pls rply soon..
18th April 2012, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

i am pursuing mca from a good collage . i want to become a lecturer in a good engg collage . what can i do gate or net .
can u suggess me plssss
6th September 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

i am doing machanical diploma from ksou after that i have to do b.tech how much time it will takes please suggest me
17th September 2012, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

i have 6 years gap between 10 2 and BCA.which one is best for me gate or ugc net?
30th September 2012, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

i have done btech. and i want to become a lecturer.
so whether i shud go for gate or net exam..??
1st October 2012, 08:14 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The differnece is that GATE exam is conducted for M.Tech admission while NET exam is conducted for the college lectureship. Therefore if you want to become Lecturer then you will have to appear for the UG-NET exam.

However you can't do that right now. Since you have only completed B.tech, it makes you ineligible for the National Eligibility Test. To appear for NET exam for college lectureship, you need to have completed a post graduation degree. Therefore firstly you need to apply for post graduation course then only you can become college lecturer.

There are various post graduation options in front of you. The best choice would be M.Tech. To do so you will have to appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE). Therefore the pattern for you would be:

1. Appear for the GATE exam and pass it succesfully

2. Complete M.tech with at least 55 percent marks (SC/ST 50%).

3. Appear for the National Eligibility Test.

However you can choose to select other course for Post graduation. If your intention is only college lectureship then you can also pick courses like Master of Computer Applications or the Master of Business Administration.

Since you have completed B.Tech in Computer Science, may I recommend that instead of lectureship, you apply for the Public Sector Undertaking jobs. You will need at least 60 percent marks in B.Tech to do so.

There are several PSUs which conducts entrance exam to hire Computer Science Engineers. You can find out about these exams in the employment dailies. It is important that if you are planning to appear for PSU exam then you should first complete the GATE exam because some Public Sector companies have replaced written test with GATE score of the candidate.

PSU List

BHEL

ISRO

DRDO

BSNL

MTNL

BEL

NTPC

NALCO
30th October 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed my mca in 2012....i have very mch interest to do the phd..

but i dont know what is the process to do the phd...

what will i write the exam weather gate or net.....

what is the best option for me....??
plz send notification dates and procedures....

with out writing gate or net can i do the phd..?
in andhrapradesh which colleges are provided phd ...?

this is my mail: [email protected]
31st October 2012, 08:06 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Difference between GATE and UGC-NET

National Eligibility Test (NET) for Science and Humanities students for research and teaching possibilities. It is conducted by National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC).

On the basis of the results one stand eligible for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

GATE-Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

Though both are entrance examinations, they differ in exam pattern, purpose of exam etc. GATE exam is conducted for admission of candidates to Master of Technology (M.Tech) programs.

23rd September 2013, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

how gate sore is related to do with ugcnet? is it a compulsion to clear gate before attempting to do phd?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?