28th June 2011, 02:10 PM
priindiandefence

Different options in Defence sector for a Engineering student from Pune university?

Iam an engineering student from pune university(currently in 3rd year,female) .Iam interested to secure a prestigious position in any of the defence sectors.Kindly guide me regarding different options (i.e the commencement of various forms ,eligibility criteria etc)I will be deeply obliged to borrow your help.My mail id is [email protected]

28th June 2011, 06:32 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Different options in Defence sector for a Engineering student from Pune university?

hi dear
you want to entry in defence line
so for that
you prepare for well communication skill

for this you entry in graduation entry (TECHNICAL)

http://indianarmy.nic.in

you see the website and clear all the doubt........
28th June 2011, 08:42 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Different options in Defence sector for a Engineering student from Pune university?

Quote:
Iam an engineering student from pune university(currently in 3rd year,female) .Iam interested to secure a prestigious position in any of the defence sectors.Kindly guide me regarding different options (i.e the commencement of various forms ,eligibility criteria etc)I will be deeply obliged to borrow your help.My mail id is [email protected]
Now you are in Third year right !! Now you ain't have any Entries just complete your Third year make your self to Fourth year of Engineering .

After your pursuing B.E you will have Multiple Entries , they are

I) CDSE i.e Combined Defense Service Exam , need Girls/Guy with any Degree from recognized university for Indian Army. Conducted by upsc twice every year.

II) UES i.e University Entry Scheme , Final year Engineering Students are Eligible for this.Once in a Year , Notification will come in the Month of September - November. Do check in Employment News regularly in this Period.

III) SSC Technical Only Final year Engineering Students and Passed out Students are Eligible For this. Twice in a Year, Latest Notification was of Indian Army SSC 36th Men & 7th Women (Technical) Course 2011. Do check for Notification in Employment News.
29th June 2011, 07:56 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: Different options in Defence sector for a Engineering student from Pune university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priindiandefence View Post
You can get into Defence services through following schemes:-

UES: university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree). Notification for it are released In Employment news.

SSC: short service commission,is ment for all male and female candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.

CDS: Previously this entry scheme was meant only for Male ,but from now Females can also apply,they will be provided SSC and will be trained at OTA.CDSE is conduted by UPSC twice every year.Entrance is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year.

Eligibility criteria:For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12.
Female candidates can join Army only.

you can also enter in there logistic cadre ,the minimum qualification for logistic cadre is B.sc(pcm),BCA,LLB,etc.You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

You can also enter in 'Army/Navy/Airforce medical corp' if you are an docter (mbbs).You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

For technical entry minimum qualification is BCA,B.TECH,B.SC (elctronics/mathematics).You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

The Important thing is that keep reading "Employment News" and also visiting http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?