6th December 2010, 04:54 PM
satishdivakar

Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE? Which are the subjects and is the exam based on HSC or Technical studies?

I m doing diploma in mechanical engg.from GPM institute...
I want to know that whether i am eligible for iit-jee entrance. If yes,so what will be the subjects. Is it related to the technical studies or HSC.(science)...

7th December 2010, 12:45 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Default Re: Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE? Which are the subjects and is the exam based on HSC or Technical studies?

Yes you are eligible for IIT JEE

Only thing is that you will be admitted to 1st year courses unlike if you join other state colleges you will be admitted to direct 2nd year due to your diploma which you have earned

Subjects are the same:

There is no such special subject which a diploma student needs to prepare. Only thing is that you have to appear same subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Nothing more

Exam based only on HSC - No Technical

There is no technical exam since they are not considering you as a diploma student. In this exam you will be considered equivalent to 12th students. So you will have to do whatever the 12th students do.

I hope all your doubts are cleared

All the best!
7th December 2010, 04:42 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE? Which are the subjects and is the exam based on HSC or Technical studies?

In IITs you will not be able to take admission directly into 2nd year that means IITs and NITs doesn't allow lateral entry .however you can take admission in first year through IIT-JEE exam.
7th December 2010, 05:51 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Yes you can definitely go through competitive exams like IIT/AIEEE/CET.

You can directly get into the second year of Engineering course if you got selected in the competitive exams.But,some Universities like Andhra University doesn't allow to take up the course from second year but you have to take up even the first year.

You can even go through competitive exams conducted by Universities which are UGC approved like VIT UNiversity,SRM University,Gitam University,Amrutha Institute.

Well of course you can go through HSC by Maharashtra board.

all the best
7th December 2010, 07:24 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

diploma students eligible for IIT JEE
Only thing is that you will be admitted to 1st year courses unlike if you join other state colleges you will be admitted to direct 2nd year due to your diploma which you have earned

There is no such special subject which a diploma student needs to prepare. Only thing is that you have to appear same subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Nothing more

good luck.
7th December 2010, 05:53 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

yes you are eligible to appear for IIT JEE.But keep in mind it is not for lateral entry.You have to give examination with your HSC syllabus.

keep in mind The date of birth of candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories should be on or after October 1, 1986. Whereas the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after 01 October, 1981.

All the best.
7th December 2010, 05:59 PM
Poonia (SSP)

Smile Re: Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE? Which are the subjects and is the exam based on HSC or Technical studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishdivakar View Post
I m doing diploma in mechanical engg.from GPM institute...
I want to know that whether i am eligible for iit-jee entrance. If yes,so what will be the subjects. Is it related to the technical studies or HSC.(science)...
Yes you are eligible for IIT-JEE
If you belong to SC ,ST you have golden opportunity to join few courses at various IITs in second year itself(please do visit http://www.iitd.ac.in/).

Also you have an option of joining Safety & Fire Engg. at IIT Chennai & IIT kgp.
You can join safety & fire engg at CUSAT(http://www.cusat.ac.in/) .
Average package for Safety & Fire Engg at CUSAT =10.5 lakh/p.a,higher than any of the IITs average package.
Also fees for the course is also very minimal if you are able to get good rank in CAT conducted by CUSAT every year.If you need any further details about courses at IIT D and CUSAT ,feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Best Wishes for Future!!!
7th December 2010, 07:53 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

you are absolutely eligible for the entrance exam...

Subjects are common to whomever attends the entrance exam....

its fully based on HSC subjects...

my opinion is better you go for BE in other colleges so that you would be admitted in 2nd year directly..

then after completing BE you can write GATE exam and go for ME/M.Tech in IIT's...

once you have entered into your technical studies its very difficult to get back to science subjects and study them.. and that too IIT JEE is entirely different from other common entrance exams...

Well if you are willing and sure that you are still update with your sciencs subjects in HSC you can go for it..

All the best.........
8th December 2010, 06:37 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE? Which are the subjects and is the exam based on HSC or Technical studies?

hello friend ,

yes definitely you can take JEE(joint entrance exam) which is conducted by IIT's

all the subjects like

electronics

computers

electricals

mechanicals

aeronautical

what not all the diploma courses including AME are provided as course subject in b.tech

so you have no problem you can attempt IIT JEE this will be in next year march or april

all the best

~aditya~
17th December 2010, 06:31 AM
Unregistered

last date for applay entrance & fee deatails
15th January 2011, 12:44 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for IITjee is that you should be a 12th passed and you can apply for the exam in two consecutive times.
21st January 2011, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that machinical student has any opertunity in iit after completing diploma
10th February 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Is 10 2 is necessary for the IIT-JEE test or do Diploma Students needs to do 10 2 for the test or they are eligible on the basis of diploma itself for the IIT-JEE???

Arjun
17th February 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

im doing diploma for last year i know about iit entrance syllabus & where exam is going on ? when?
19th February 2011, 10:09 AM
mayankmadhur1403

Of course, you are eligible for iit jee, but for that you will have to crack the iit jee entrance test, no lateral entry is possible in iit. subject will be math, physics and chemistry. exam is based on technical studies.
19th February 2011, 10:32 AM
mayankmadhur1403

Of course, you are eligible for iit jee, but for that you will have to crack the iit jee entrance test, no lateral entry is possible in iit. subject will be math, physics and chemistry. exam is based on technical studies.
There is no technical exam since they are not considering you as a diploma student. In this exam you will be considered equivalent to 12th students. So you will have to do whatever the 12th students do.
12th May 2011, 10:47 AM
ambujamohanty

Default Am I Eligible?

Dear Sir, Iam Ambuja Mohanty did Diploma In ETC.Am I Eligible For IIT JEE or IIt
15th May 2011, 10:38 PM
ashishshekhar

Hi dear,
Yes you are eligible for IIT JEE

Subjects are the same:

I hope all your doubts are cleared

Thanks
31st May 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE? Which are the subjects and is the exam based on HSC or Technical studies?

[QUOTE=asahu47;264299]hii

diploma students eligible for IIT JEE

good luck.

thankyou,sir for yur guidance
7th June 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i am doing diploma in electronics and telecommunication can i apply for aeronautical engineering in iit
7th June 2011, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam: my age is 21 m rt nw taking admission for diploma 1st yr.comp. for acdamic yr 11-12, i want to knw wil i b eligible for 2014 iit xm! Plz hlp me out fast!!! My dob is 21.4.1990.
12th July 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying final year diploma in mechanical engineering with 98 percentage of marks . i belongs to sc(scheduled caste). i want to do aerospace engineering after completing this course. is i am eligible for doing eligible for aerospace engineering course or not. if i am eligible which colleges in tamil nadu , kerala,and bangalore offers this course. sir please.
14th November 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL(PRODUCTION) FROM M.G.POLYTECHNIC HATHRAS.WHAT SYLLABUS IN IIT JEE 2012 FOR ME
15th November 2011, 01:53 AM
dr.shekhr

HI dear,

Yes you can definitely go through competitive exams like IIT/AIEEE/CET.

You can directly get into the second year of Engineering course if you got selected in the competitive exams.But,some Universities like Andhra University doesn't allow to take up the course from second year but you have to take up even the first year.

You can even go through competitive exams conducted by Universities which are UGC approved like VIT UNiversity,SRM University,Gitam University,Amrutha Institute.

Well of course you can go through HSC by Maharashtra board.

Thanks
13th January 2013, 08:57 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

Are diploma students eligible for IIT JEE

1.mechanicals

2.electronics

3.computers

4.aeronautical

5.electricals

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st May 2013, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

one problem occurs for appearing IIT JEE . That is exam date in 2013 it 7th april was the IIT JEE exam date and diploma final year exam started from 6th april ......How could we appear for the exam
4th December 2013, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing diploma in architecture from aryabhatt polytechnic, Delhi. i'm in 5th. i'm confuse is am i eligible for jee (main) test-2? if yes so what year and what subjects I fill in the form?
28th June 2015, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir when jee exam and where held any special class is do or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?