31st January 2016, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?

I am a diploma engineering student.
I am studying in diploma computer engineering.
My question is whether I am able to take admission in IIT.
And how can I take admission in IIT after completing my diploma in computer engineering?
I request you to give answer me as soon as possible..
Plz plz answer me fast

Related Questions:
31st January 2016, 07:20 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?

No, you are not eligible to take admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course because, IIT's does not offer Lateral Entry admissions in B.E/B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to take admission in IIT.
31st January 2016, 11:48 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT after diploma degree.

To get admission in IIT, it is necessary to appear and qualify in both stages of JEE examination.

But candidates passed diploma are not eligible to appear for examination and hence, not eligible to get admission in IIT after diploma degree.
31st January 2016, 05:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holder's are not eligible to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

The eligibility to get admission in IIT is candidate have to appear and qualify in JEE examination.

The eligibility to appear for JEE examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM /PCB as main paper.

So, with diploma degree you are not eligible to appear for examination and hence not eligible to appear for examination.
31st January 2016, 06:03 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is India's best institute for technical courses.

The admission in the institute is through the entrance examination. JEE examination is conducted for admission of candidates in IIT.

So, to get admission in IIT it is necessary to appear and qualify in it. But diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for examination.

But, if you are interested in pursuing b.tech course you can appear for LEET examination.
31st January 2016, 06:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to take admission in Indian Institute of Technology because diploma candidates are not eligible for admission in IIT for B.Tech/B.E programme.

One of the best option for you is to appear for Joint Entrance Exam Main and crack this exam to get admission in second most reputed technical institutes of India like NITs, IIITs and other government engineering colleges.

If you secure good rank in JEE main stage, you can easily get admission in above mentioned institutes for Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering. Other option for you is to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

LEET is conducted by State Technical Universities for admission of diploma holders directly in second year of engineering. For this exam, a diploma candidate must have at least 60% marks in diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?