21st September 2015, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Direct entry to B.Tech 3rd year is possible through JELET 2016?

Can I take a entry in 3rd year for b.tech by completing my diploma? I want to go through jelet so tell me about jelet 2016.

21st September 2015, 08:14 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Direct entry to B.Tech 3rd year is possible through JELET 2016?

No, you cannot get direct admission to 3rd year of B. Tech course through JELET 2016 examination after completion of your three years Diploma course. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma course can get direct admission in second year of four years B. Tech course but not in third year of four years B. Tech course. So, we say that direct admission to 3rd year of four years B. Tech course is not possible through JELET 2016 examination.
21st September 2015, 09:58 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** NO, is not possible to get direct entry to B.Tech 3rd year through JLEET after completion of Diploma course.

** Lateral Entry Scheme is conducted to admit meritorious Diploma holders to the Second Year/Third Semester B.Tech course to acquire a Degree in Engineering.

** As per my knowledge you will get admission directly into the second year of b.tech through JLEET 2016.
21st September 2015, 01:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JELET is the Entrance examination conducted by the West Bengal Technical Board of Education for lateral entry into the bachelor of technology course.

No, you can not get direct entry in third year of bachelor of technology after completing diploma. Candidate who has done diploma can apply for the JELET exam and those who clear is eligible to get admission in second year of bachelor of technology.

So, you will be able to direct entry into third semester of B.Tech.
21st September 2015, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I WANT GOOD JOB B.TECH ECE PUNJABI UNIVERTY PATIALA 6 SEM CGP 82.70% 2015
21st September 2015, 11:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JELET is the entrance examination conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for lateral entry into second year ( third semester ) of four years courses in bachelor's degree in:

>>Pharmacy

>>Engineering.

>>Technology.

So, you can not get direct entry into third year of bachelor of technology, you can get admission in third semester through JELET. For more information Click here .
22nd September 2015, 09:14 PM
ant man

There is no chance of getting into b.tech 3rd year directly through JELET exam.
As you have completed 3 years diploma in engineering so you can directly join 2nd year B.Tech through lateral entry scheme.

The lateral entry scheme is applicable only for the candidates who have complete the 3 years diploma in engineering or 3 years B.Sc course.

And you can can change your course specialization in B.tech , but the specialization must be related to your course in diploma also.

Eg: A mechanical engineering student in diploma can choose Automobile engineering in B.Tech similarly CSE student cannot join Mechanical but he can join IT.
8th October 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

You are almost right. You can take direct admission in 3rd semester but not 3rd year
11th May 2016, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

can you tell me in which sector of govt. i will apply on officer post after completing diploma in computer engineering? please tell me,.i have tired to find out govt job for diploma in computer engineering, please
8th September 2017, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Can we take admission in directly in 3rd year in btech computer science?
I have not done any diploma .
I went Canada for studies but couldn't study there and has to return back to India . I had done 2 years B.Tech in Amity University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?