15th February 2016, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Distance B.Com graduate can appear in CTET 2016 exam?

Sir,
I have passed B.Com in distance. Can I be eligible to sit in the CTET 2016 exam? If not what should I do to appear at the CTET exam?

15th February 2016, 11:30 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Distance B.Com graduate can appear in CTET 2016 exam?

Yes you are eligible for CTET 2016 examination with your B.Com in distance mode but you should have to pursue B.Ed course also with your Bachelor degree in order to appear for the CTET 2016 examination

There are certain eligibility criteria which are required in order to appear for the CTET 2016 examination such as

Eligibility for Primary class teacher:
  • Should have to possess 12th with at least 50% of the marks or passed or appearing finale year of diploma course of study
  • Should have done or appearing in the first year of diploma with 12th are also eligible
  • Bachelor degree with 12th are also eligible

Eligibility for Secondary class teacher:
  • Should have done bachelor degree and appearing in the finale year of B.Ed course are also eligible
  • bachelor degree with 2 years of B.Ed are also eligible
  • Senior Secondary with B.El.Ed are also eligible
15th February 2016, 03:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Distance B.Com graduate can appear in CTET 2016 exam?

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility test. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for recruitment of teachers at different academic level like primary, elementary, secondary and senior secondary.

Distance bachelor of Commerce candidates can apply for CTET exam provided that the institute from which you have pursued your bachelor's degree is approved by Distance Education Council and University Grants Commission. You are eligible for becoming teacher at elementary stage.

For any more details regarding eligibility criteria about CTET exam Click Here .
15th February 2016, 03:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes ,you are eligible to appear in Central Teacher Eligibility Test after completing Bachelor of Commerce through distance course.
Student should have completed graduation from recognised University with at least 50% marks. B.Ed is compulsory to appear in the test.
15th February 2016, 05:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for CTET course without B.Ed degree.

CTET examination is conducted by CBSE twice every year and the examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as Central government teacher.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation degree from recognised university.

Candidate must have passed B.Ed degree from recognised university.

So, you ar not eligible to appear for examination without B.Ed degree. For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th February 2016, 08:09 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have passed B.Com in distance. Can I be eligible to sit in the CTET 2016 exam? If not what should I do to appear at the CTET exam?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for CTET Exam.

Distance Education for B.Com course is also a valid degree like any other course.

So, if you have pursued this course, then you are surely eligible to apply for CTET Exam.

According to the eligibility criteria for CTET Exam,y ou must satisfy at least one condition mentioned below:
  • You must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks or appearing in final year of 2 year Diploma in Education.
  • You must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks or appearing in final year of 4 year Bachelor course of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
  • You have passed Graduation or are in the final year of your 2 year diploma course.

But last date to apply for CTET Exam is over now which was 29th December, 2015.
15th February 2016, 09:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for CTET examination without having B.Ed degree. CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and entrance examination conducted for recruitment of teacher in central government schools.

The required eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed B.Ed degree from recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th February 2016, 09:54 PM
kantraman

Yes Distance B.Com graduate are eligible for CTET but only if having atleast 50% marks in graduation if applying fot TGT post but B.Ed is also compulsory for TGT.And for PRT post you must be 12th pass with 45% marks and having junior basic training certificate.
15th February 2016, 09:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. This exam for candidates who want to become teacher in Central government schools at different levels.

Eligibility criteria:

*Candidate must have done bachelor's degree for elementary stage that is teaching from class 6 to class 8th. For primary school teacher, 10+2 is least academic qualification required.

*As you have done your degree in distance mode, you can apply for CTET exam but your college must be approved by Distance Education council and University Grants Commission.
15th February 2016, 10:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and examination is conducted twice every year in month of February and September.

The examination is conducted by CBSE for recruitment of teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya and JNV.

As per notification required qualification to appear for examination is 10+2 with D.Ed degree or graduation with B.Ed degree. So you are not eligible to appear for examination without having B.Ed degree.

So, you cannot appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.cbse.nic.in.
16th February 2016, 12:01 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in distance mode are eligible for CTET conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Those who have done bachelor's degree in any discipline can apply for becoming teacher in Central government schools from class 6 to Class 8. CTET is conducted twice every year. CTET I will be conducted on 21st February, 2016 and next will be conducted in September.
16th February 2016, 12:39 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear in CTET examination even after passing from distance mode. It dkes not matter only thing is that your university or college is recognized. But you must be a holder of B.Ed degree to write CTET.
21st July 2019, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done BSC hm can I am eligible for the CTET 2 exam
12th August 2020, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

I am commerce background ground students completed bu graduation in b.com(hons) right now I am doing bed.
I can the exam of CTET level 1 ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?