30th May 2015, 09:36 PM
DEVAKUMAARAN

Do I need to do some extra course if I wanted to be naval officer after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering?

I Devakumaaran . I am studying B.E (Mechanical Engineering ) . If i want to complete any marine course ? Do I need to do some extra course if I wanted to be naval officer after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering? Can you please let me know about the extra course which I have to take?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  2. How should I apply in Women Officer Naval Field after passing B.Com?
  3. How should I apply in Women Officer Naval field after passing B.Com?
  4. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  5. Further studies in Mechanical engineering, MBA and IAS are possible after Diploma in place 12th?
  6. Am I eligible to become a RTO Officer after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Are there IES jobs for IT students?
  8. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
  9. What is the scope available in Industry after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering?
  10. How to join a good institute for preparation for IES/PSU exam? I am a electronics engineer
  11. Can I appear for Officer Entrance Exam after completion of my 2nd year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  13. How to do MSc theoritical physics after completion of mechanical
  14. How to become an IPS officer after engineering completion?
  15. Difference between Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical & Automation Engineering?
  16. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  17. Diploma in Mechanical engineering is eligible for Diploma in Naval Architecture?
  18. How to become a custom officer after completing B.E Mechanical Engineering?
8th June 2015, 12:47 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do I need to do some extra course if I wanted to be naval officer after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering?

For naval officer either you go for the marine engineering or you can also apply in the Indian navy. It regularly offers officer's posts for the b.tech graduates. let us talk about both the possibilities.

For the marine engineering you would be required to do the b.tech again which is definitely not required. But there is also no such provision under which you can change your branch from mechanical to marine.

So, my suggestion would be that only that for becoming a navy officer, you should apply to the Indian navy. there are various posts for the mechanical engineering graduates which you can apply and get selected.

The notifications for the Indian navy comes in employment news and also in the leading newspapers. you should keep a track of all such notification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?