26th December 2012, 01:53 PM
aravindvgr

How to become a custom officer after completing B.E Mechanical Engineering?

Hai, I am Aravind. I completed B.E Mechanical Engineering. If I want to become a customs officer, what is the exam that I have to write?

28th May 2013, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a custom officer after completing B.E Mechanical Engineering?

i am doing my engineering in information technolgy... how do i become a customs officer???
28th May 2013, 01:44 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to become a custom officer after completing B.E Mechanical Engineering?

CUSTOMS OFFICER:
For Customs officer you need to qualify Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC.

Customs officers mainly take care of import and Export materials.

Eligibility criteria :
  • You must have acquired a basic age of 19 years and A bachelor's degree with 55% marks.
To prepare for the Union Public Service Commission exams, You have keep track of Exam Dates on www.upsc.gov.in
28th May 2013, 04:08 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindvgr View Post
Hai, I am Aravind. I completed B.E Mechanical Engineering. If I want to become a customs officer, what is the exam that I have to write?
Yes,you will be eligible to work as a Custom Officer.This exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).If you want to do this job then you will have to apply for UPSC Exam.UPSC Exam conducts Indian Customs and Central Excise Services Exam.
Eligibility Criteria

Academic qualification :-
  • You should have a passed out Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university.
  • Your degree should be approved from the state/Central government.
Age requirement :-
  • Your minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Your age should not be above 30 years.
Age Relaxations :-
  • Age relaxations will be given to the Reserved category candidates.
  • OBC Category candidates will get 3 years of age relaxations.
  • SC and ST Category candidates will get 5 years of age relaxations.
  • General category candidates will not be eligible to get the age relaxations facility.
Attempt Limitations :-
  • There is attempt restrictions for applying in this exam.
  • General category candidates can apply for 4 times.
  • OBC category candidates can apply only 7 times.
  • Note :- There will be No attempt Limitations for SC and ST category candidates.
Exam Pattern :-
  • This exam will be conducted in three phases.
  • There are :- Preliminary Exam(Objective Type),Mains Exam(Written Type) and Personal Interview and Group Discussion.
Details on Preliminary Exam :- It will include two papers.Each paper will be 200 marks and total duration for each paper will be 2 hours.

PAPER I
  • Current Events on National and International Events.
  • Indian and World Geography.
  • Indian Politics and Governments.
  • Economics and Social Development.
  • History of India and Indian National Movements.
  • General Science.
  • Environmental studies.
PAPER II
  • Comprehension.
  • Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
  • Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
  • Decision making and Problems Solving.
  • General Mental ability.
  • Basics of Numeracy.
  • Data Interpretation.
  • English Language and Comprehension.
Details on Mains Exam :-

19th January 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

how to become custom officer after completing b.tech mechanical? And what type of exam should i appear for?
5th June 2015, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Hi friends and sir my age is 16 i will take BE mechanical engineering i am finish after 4 years i am eligibility to apply Upsc civil service exam for customs officer??????????please reply me sir and friends I am waiting ??????##$#$
17th September 2020, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

How to become a custom officer after completing B.Tech marine engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?