27th January 2018, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to reappear in failed paper of 1st semester exam under Calcutta University?

As per Calcutta University rules, I was unable to attain pass marks in my hons. paper in the year 2017. I have even passed in one of the general subjects. So do I have to reappear in 2018 part 1 semester exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I reappear in whole of 12th board again under CBSE although I failed in one subject only? -- [New]
  2. One can reappear in +2 exam if he had failed in one subject 6 years ago?
  3. Will I be promoted to 2nd semester if I failed in 2 subjects of B.Com 1st semester?
  4. Possibility to take admission in M.Sc Mathematics if secured eligible marks in Honours paper but failed in one general Paper of B.Sc 2nd year under Calcutta University?
  5. Should I study B.Com and appear in Economics of 12th if failed in Compartmental exam?
  6. Can I get admission in third semester after failing in one subject in second semester?
  7. Does Mumbai University allow to re-appear for failed Economics paper of M.Com after a gap of 8 years?
  8. Do I have to repeat a year if I fail in two (honors) subjects (2nd year) of Calcutta University? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to reappear if failed in Physics but qualified WBCHSE Board exam?
  10. Promotion to 2nd semester will be denied if failed in any subject of MCA 1st semester?
  11. Promotion to 2nd will be denied semester if failed in any subject of MBA 1st semester?
  12. Can I reappear in DCET if failed to clear it last year?
  13. Will there be a problem in campus placement if I had backlog during my 1st year of B.E studies?
  14. Do I have to reappear for the whole subjects exam if I failed in Maths and Science of class 10th? How can I write only the exam in which I have failed?
  15. Will the GATE stipend be stopped permanently if got backlog in a paper of M.Tech 1st semester?
  16. Punjab Technical University BBA 1st Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. When MCA 1st semester exam of MG University will be started?
  18. University of Pune-B.Tech 1st Semester-Engineering Graphics-I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
31st January 2018, 08:36 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to reappear in failed paper of 1st semester exam under Calcutta University?

You need not appear for all papers of part I semester examination.

You just need to apply for backlog paper examination of subject in which you have failed. Even semester backlog papers are conducted with even semester and odd with odd semester.

You can apply for examination next year when regular paper examination of part I semester will be conducted.
31st January 2018, 12:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to reappear in failed paper of 1st semester exam under Calcutta University?

You need to reappear for failed paper.

If you leave it as failed subject then your degree will be incomplete. You must apply for back paper examination of failed subject. You will have to reappear for only that subject in which you have failed.
13th March 2019, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

I faiked in accounts honours paper but passed in the general papers, Can I re appear for the honours paper again?
31st August 2019, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I have not passed in my semester 2, 1st paper of honors.
I want to review my paper what should I do?
and more over if my marks does not change then when will i give my repeat exam for that paper?
23rd September 2020, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

What will happen if someone fails in all the 3general subjects in 1st semester general?
23rd September 2020, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

If I failed honors two papers then what happen ?
22nd April 2022, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of bsc geography hons 1st year sem 1 I have failed in one honours paper but passed in all papers including general subject and aecc . will I have give the exam in which I have failed?
8th December 2022, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

I am in Calcutta University and in my recent sem 4 results I failed in the theory part of my elective paper. What are the next steps to be followed? Could someone please tell me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?