27th June 2011, 12:27 AM
astma

Do a year gap have effect while attending to a company?

when am attending to a company if there is any year gap it will affect. Please reply me fast.

Related Questions:
  1. Will the gap in Education effect my Placements after completion of CS course being a candidate having done Graduation in 2006?
  2. Chances to attend L&T Infotech Off-Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 55% with a gap of 2 years in B.E.(CSE)?
  3. What does Academic Gap means? Am I eligible to get job in Accenture with academic gap in B.Tech?
  4. Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements
  5. Can I get a job in IT company even after having 2 year academic gap?
  6. Eligibility to attend Campus Drives of Infosys, Accenture, IBM and HCL for MCA postgraduate? -- [New]
  7. List of companies offering jobs for 2nd division in 12th and 2 year gap after MBA?
  8. What should I to complete my graduation after a long gap?
  9. Are there chances of visa rejection after an year break?
  10. Gap in Interview period of IBM for experience holder?
  11. Will companies accept me in campus recruitment after MBA
  12. What are the career options after BSc in Chemistry?
  13. Does it effect my Placements after completion of Engineering if I have a gap between 10th and 12th classes?
  14. Will I be eligible to any Software company having one year gap after the completion of 10th and 12th?
  15. Can I attend TCS Off-Campus Drive having a year gap being an MCA postgraduate?
  16. After working as a trainee in IT company can I try out a job in IT industry or government job in Indian Oil, HP etc if Have 3 years Gap between my previous job?
  17. Is there any disadvantage of leaving the company? I am working in company but want to pursue my M.Tech from IIT
  18. Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
27th June 2011, 08:50 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Do a year gap have effect while attending to a company?

hello dear
well dear many of the companies recruits you on the basis of your talent, skills , knowledge and confidence....
so if you fulfill these qualities then you'll surely secure a good job for you....
yes a gap may affect your job but this effect is negligible if you invoke them towards urself being a good candidate for the particular job.....
all the best
28th June 2011, 12:07 AM
venkatgct

Quote:
Originally Posted by astma View Post
when am attending to a company if there is any year gap it will affect. Please reply me fast.

friend,

good question!!!1 i hav wanted to write abt this for long in the forum!!!

now,the answer:

1. most core company ask for the candidate for 10+2+4 without any gap.. meaning that u wil hv to had completed the college after without any gaps..

2. some companies do accept the gap and approve the candidate.... the main reason for this is that they shud hav satisfied the age criteria of not being more than 25 yrs while attending the placements.

3. companies also accept the diploma graduates with 10+3+3...

all the best!!1
28th June 2011, 02:30 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Do a year gap have effect while attending to a company?

Companies look for the marks obtained by the candidate in 10,10+2 & degree exam.
Also they check that whether the candidate has any backlog .
They also chaeck for the personality ,extra-curricular activity ,academic performance,etc. of candidate.

They dont check whether the candidate has taken a gap of one year or not.But it shuld not be more than one year
Often gap of one year doesnt even comes to any ones notice.
So please dont worry about it at all.As no one asks about it.
And even if any asks you such a question the be prepared with any reasonable ,genuine & satisfactory answer for it.
And also there is no need to mention it anywhere except if any where asked specifically
28th June 2011, 10:47 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

When you go for attend any company they see your qualification and time of duration in which you comlete your qualification.if you have any gap between qualification they see what you do between gap.

If you do any good work as you get experience from any other company then it will be very good and your impression will be very good.

Gap between and after education is on good for your job in company.it will be very good if you join any company just after gradation.

Gap doesn't provide any type of help you don't have any gap without any region.
28th June 2011, 12:35 PM
RAJENDRA KUMAR SINGH
Junior Member+

Hello! Friend,
Being in a last stage of your Engineering Degree,its genuine that you are now panic to face your placement.Truly speaking a year gap may affect your performance in front of the companies.Even In most of the Engineering Colleges,at the time of counselling,the candidate who have dropped one year are asked to produce a valid GAP CERTIFICATE along with the other essential documents.
During Your Placement Interviews,there are always a controversal questions for dropouts,that if they are well sincere & capable for engineering then wht is the reason to take a gap in your engineering preparation?
This kind of difficulty is mostly suffered when the Big MNCs invade your campus,or if the student is an AVERAGE in his engineering course,or there is large number of students selected for small number of posts.
You can overcome from this if you are doing infinitely well in each and every semester exam.An YOU are active as well as winner in several workshops &
seminars conducted in your campus.If you are so then your good and hardship qualities would be dominate over your one reasonable gap.
So,Don't worry Perform Extremely well & give your placement tests exceptionally well so that the companies do not care if ou had a gap in your studies earlier.

ALL THE VERY BEST!

GOOD LUCK!!
28th June 2011, 12:36 PM
raja badam

Dear Aspirant,

Top companies in India like TCS is not Recruit 2 years gap between academics.
if you have one year gap you are eligible other wise not eligible for famous companies.
28th June 2011, 01:17 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes there is a effect if any gap between attending the company
you will face problem in answering the question & hr interview
so after complete of study you carry on in your job

good luck........
28th June 2011, 03:50 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
No usually it does not affect at all.

They would just ask you to tell them the reason why you dropped or gap for one year.

You can just quote a meaningful answer like "I was ill" or "I was preparing for IIT" with proper proofs and justification.
28th June 2011, 11:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

We are not sure what you mean by attending a company. Do you mean that you are trying to get placed in a company? In that case a one year gap might affect you. Did you have this one year gap during your degree or postgraduate course? Now, there are lots of students who sacrifice one year of their career trying to prepare for various entrance examinations of some of the top colleges in the country. If you have a genuine reason for having the one year gap, then there is no reason for you to worry about it.
29th June 2011, 01:19 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Do a year gap have effect while attending to a company?

Hello friend .....

The eligibility criteria for most of the private companies coming for the campus recruitment in the various colleges and the universities keep the condition that there must not be more than 2 years of the year gap between the 12th and the b.tech/b.e degree or the graduation .

But if you have only one year then it is ok .The company in which you want to do the job won't mind but if there is 2 years of years gap then while in the interview you have to provide the valid and the appropriate explanation for that . Otherwise you may be rejected .. So be careful in these small things ...

As you are attending the company you must have faced the interview and the eligibility criteria of the company and now as you have been admitted to the company I don't think you will face any problem because of the year gap ...
So don't worry just concentrate on your work ....
6th July 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

after completion of mca if there is a gap taken for preparing to govt jobs in the banking sector and then showing interest to start a carrer in companies..how to answer hr question?plz suggest me...
7th July 2011, 02:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

maximum no company allow two year gap in academic.

so if you have 60% above in career .

then you are eligible for maximum no company.

all the best
13th July 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

do a year gap in between BE degree affects during attending company?
3rd August 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

i have 2 years gap between 10 2 and Graduation and 3 years gap between UG and PG,but in last 3 years gap i also completed MBA from distance education.After MBA i am doingMCA. Am I eligible for the placement in reputed IT company?
29th August 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

i got more than 65% marks in my 10th and 12th examination but there is a gap of one year between 11th and 12th class
and my aggregate percentage is also more than 60% am i eligible for various mnc company
8th September 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir.I am BE(ECE) final year student. My eligibility 10th 66%.10 2 57% in 2003.BA 57%.up to 6th sem cgp 7.1.i want to job copletion our degree. Give advice.plz.realy i am in tesion.email id [email protected]
8th September 2011, 08:54 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Do a year gap have effect while attending to a company?

In maximum cases it does not matter whether you have an year gap or so. Some core companies may create problems regarding this issue. But you should not worry about this matter as maximum companies does not bother about this. What matters for them is the skills,knowledge,presentation and confidence shown by you..
All the best...............
9th September 2011, 12:10 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
as per as I know , one year study gap will not create any problem at the time of appearing in a campus drive...

But you have to mention the study gap in your resume..
And also you have to mention that what you have done in that one year..
If you have done any course then you have to mention that course ,
or it may be due to your health problem , the you have to show your certificate to interviewer, if the interviewer ask you about that..

So, don't worry.. It will not create any problem..
All the best...
9th September 2011, 12:41 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
as per as I know , one year study gap will not create any problem at the time of appearing in a campus drive...

But you have to mention the study gap in your resume..
And also you have to mention that what you have done in that one year..
If you have done any course then you have to mention that course ,
or it may be due to your health problem , the you have to show your certificate to interviewer, if the interviewer ask you about that..

So, don't worry.. It will not create any problem..
All the best...
14th September 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th ,now i m the btech 4th year student and overall i have 60% in all 3 exams .do i have to face any problems regarding placements due to year gap?
12th January 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

SIR, I HAVE ANY CHANCE TO ELIGIBLE FOR ANY SOFTWARE COMPANY ACCORDING TO MY ACADAMIC CARRIER,PLZ ANY ONE GUIDE ME OR HELP ME, I AM IN VERY TENSION
i have completed my ,
ssc - in 2000 - with 65%,
HSC - 2002 -63%
BCS FIRST YEAR - 2003 - 62%
BCS SECOND YEAR -2008 - 62%
BCS THIRD YEAR - 2009 - 63.9%
GRADUATION - 63.18%
MSC IST YEAR - 2010 - 56.83%
MSC IIND YEAR - 2012 - 57%
12th January 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

sir , i have any chance to eligible for any software company according to my below acadamic carrier plz any one guide me i am very in tension,plz reply me urgent
i have completed my,
SSC - IN 2000 - WITH 65.20%
HSC - IN 2002 - WITH 63%
BCS Ist yr - 2003 - 62.82%
BCS IInd yr - 2008 - 62%
BCS IIIrd yr - 2009 - 63.9% TOTAL - 63%

MSC Ist yr - 2010 - 57%
MSC IInd yr - 2012 - 57%
2nd July 2012, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 year drops after 12th & after Graduation, Now i have decided to do Btech(CSE) LE in 2year.
Q1: Please anyone suggest me the right way
Q2: How does my year gaps affect my placememnts
10th -69%
12th-74%
Bsc-61%
2nd July 2012, 07:39 PM
AKHIL KINGDOM

YES! one year gap will effect while attending to a company for interview.Becase the interviewer will ask you about what you have done in one year if you say nothing it will effect to your interview.

If you did any course related that company from institute in this one year it is plus point to your interview and you have to say it compulsory.

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR INTERVIEW
2nd July 2012, 08:48 PM
garrygerard
Junior Member+

Yes, year gap effect your job as most companies have a wrong belief that candidates who have a gap in their career are useless people and they don't stick with the organization. And sometimes they also think that they have forget what they have studied.
1st July 2013, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,

i have completed my mba in 2012.. bt now i got a interview?? i have 1 year gap. i have good academic records ( above 80% form 10th till MBA).. in between i got a job in 2 companies but i didnt go for the job because of night shifts.. what should i reply ?? please do help me..
29th October 2013, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Dose year gap have effect in mba placements ?
20th January 2014, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

my 10th in 2004, 2 in 2008 under nios univercity,then 2008 to 2012 b-tech. there is 2 year gap between 10th and 2. is there any problem to entry in a mnc or good company??
10th August 2014, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Hello everyone,I am pursuing my btech and I have got a year gap between my tenth and intermediate due to a health problem,but i don't have any certificates to prove this,wil i face any problem during my interview?
14th September 2014, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

sir,

i have a drop of 2 year btw my 12 and UG.i completed my intermediate in 2009 with 82.2%.now I'm in my final year of engineering (EEE)...i want to try for gov jobs (GATE) ...but a bit tensed as well as confused whether i should drop for another one year immediatly after my UG or not..as i am very much tensed on the issue that if...in worst conditions i apply for MNCs after this one year gap..i would be eligibl for the job or not..and most important what impact it would have on recruiter????

my avg % throughout 3rd year is 72%
16th October 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 10th in 1996 with 75%, 10 2 in 1998 with 74% and then i was pursuing BSC from 1998 , but didn't completed it and left B.SC in 2000 and joined B.E. in 2000.
It was suppose to get completed in 2004 but i had backlogs , which i had cleared and completed in 2007. From 2007 i am working in small IT companies.So can you please suggest, that is there any possibility to get jobs in big MNC companies in IT?.. What shall i do for career growth?
28th June 2015, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I have passed diploma in mechanical engineering in 2013. I got a job in a reputed construction company. The department is mechanical maintenance. But there is not much scope of growth and I am going nowhere. It is too stressful that I decided to resign and study b.tech. now the question is I have a 2 year gap. I can join b.tech this yr,2015. Can I get a placement from campus? Please help.
28th June 2015, 09:33 AM
unique99

One year gap will not affect to join TCS/WIPRO/INFOSYS and so on...

Eligibility:-

1.You have to obtain 60% marks in xth 12th academic year.

2.You have to obtain more than 60% marks at b.tech degree level.

3.You should have sound knowledge about communication language.

4.You should have good knowledge in language like java/dotnet/sap etc.

5.Academic gap more than 2(two) years is not allowed to join.

You are to crack company's written/technical/interview successfully to join respective companies
28th June 2015, 12:56 PM
rocksabhijeet
Member+

Hello.................,

Do not get stressed my dear, i will help you to get you a best way to decide.
Its good that you are a diploma holder in mechanical engineering.You also have a experience of work in construction company. But further you need to study B.tec, and confused that should you do this course or not. Plz see my below suggestion for you
Suggestion ----->
1 > You can pursue the B.tec course for good scope in future.
2 > Make sure that you are completing this course for reputed Indian colleges.
3> Your 2 yrs gap will not matter if you gain good percentage from good colleges.
4> At every college there is a placement cell, where you can get placed.

Thanks
28th June 2015, 05:04 PM
kavitagopani

It does not much effect much effect while attending a company. There are chances that recruiters may ask for a reason for the gap. You should be able to provide a valuable reason that does not affect your recruiting process.

Most of the companies hire through the talents and skills. They check your abilities and your personality during the interview section.

Your communication skills are very important. They give the impression of your abilities and talents. You should also be able to answer their questions correctly to get selected.

All the best
16th January 2016, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 years gap in my education and i have done diploma civil and 4 years of experince and again now iam searching for job they gap will effect on my interview
16th September 2016, 08:01 AM
kishore772

Smile Re: Do a year gap have effect while attending to a company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja badam View Post
Dear Aspirant,

Top companies in India like TCS is not Recruit 2 years gap between academics.
if you have one year gap you are eligible other wise not eligible for famous companies.
It is really useful to me the above information is correct for TCS company tell me
20th July 2017, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have decided to take an year gap after inter for doing computer course will it effect me for b tech and placements during campus interview
29th April 2018, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th in 2012 due to family problems I discontinued my studies now I'm thinking to join In bba my age is 24 and I got 92 %in my 12 does this work in future
15th June 2018, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Actually my b.tech started by 2013 but due a backlog in 4-1 semester I cleared it by 2018.is this year gap and my passed out year will effect my software carrier please help me how to solve it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?