23rd June 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Does B.E. equivalent to M.Sc? Will they be given same importance?

is be is equivalent to msc ? Many of my friends are telling that both B.E and M.Sc are being given same importance and so no use of doing M.Sc

24th June 2011, 07:13 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does B.E. equivalent to M.Sc? Will they be given same importance?

B.E. and M.Sc are not treated as the same courses and will not be given same importance as your friends told.

B.E is a bachelors degree and M.SC is the post graduate degree. The bachelors degree in B.E. is for a period of 4 years and the duration of M.Sc is just 2 years.

Generally the candidates who have given their bachelors degree in any of the 3 years course unlike B.E/B.Tech which is for 4 years will go for M.Sc in respective subjects.

Soon after the completion of B.E., it is possible to get a good job from several companies. But other candidates who have done their bachelors degree in B.Sc or B.Com will not catch good opportunities.

This is the reason why they go for M.Sc in their post graduation and get good jobs.

Yes of course the salary that B.E. candidate gets almost equal to the salary a candidate who has done M.Sc gets, but the course content and depth of subject will be more with the M.Sc candidate.

Sometimes the candidates may require post graduates to promote to other areas or for some other activities, in such situation this M.Sc candidates are going to be benefited.
24th June 2011, 08:22 AM
dhani12345

Post Re: Does B.E. equivalent to M.Sc? Will they be given same importance?

Hi,

No dear B.tech and M.sc are not equivalent to each.

If some one is allowed to persue P.hd directly.that does'nt mean that he/she has B.tech equivalent to M.sc,it is just a Special case which is allowed to some Meritorious or students with good academic records or from weak financila background.

Let me Explain briefly.

B.tech/B.E. candidate does'nt required to write CSIR-UGC-NET.

CSIR has a special criteria for that.B.tech/B.E. candidates can directly persue P.hd with JRF from CSIR.

If he/she had appeared for GATE and must have valid and Very good GATE score.

This is a special criteria which CSIR has for B.tech students.Which ia popular with the name GATE-JRF.The candidate will b given oppurtunity to persue P.hd directly from IIT's or IISC or NIT's or other institutes of national importance.

The eligible candidates will recieve call letter which is known as "Award letter" from the Director of CSIR laboratories.

All the Best@@@
24th June 2011, 11:25 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well They are correct

MSc. is a non technical degree, it is mostly useful only if

you are looking for a career in Academic field

In present Day scenario with plenty of government and

private sector jobs B.Tech mush better scope and versatility

another thing is that to do Msc. you need to first do B.sc

which is a non useful degree almost as Bsc. grads are not employed by industry

and is also takes longer duration in

B.Sc.+Msc. combo.

So B.tech is best
24th June 2011, 02:19 PM
sourindra

These two course are totally different course. You can't compare these two courses. These courses have different values.
25th June 2011, 02:05 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

B.E. and M.Sc both are different courses and importance of both cources is different.

B.E is a bachelors degree course.

M.SC is the post graduate degree course.

The bachelors degree in B.E. is for a period of 4 years and the duration of M.Sc is just 2 years.

after the completion of B.E., student can get a good job from several companies. But other candidates who have done their bachelors degree in B.Sc or B.Com has not so good opportunities.

Sometimes the candidates may require post graduates to promote to other areas or for some other activities, in such situation this M.Sc candidates are going to be benefited.

But the B.Tech degree has more importance
27th June 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

If I possess a Master's Degree (M.Sc.), can I apppear for CAT?
7th December 2011, 12:19 PM
brbalakrishnan
Member+

B.E is a bachelor degree in engineering and M.Sc is master degree in science.

In Lecture jobs of colleges B.E will be treated as an engineering degree whereas M.Sc will be treated as an Arts degree. So M.Sc candidates cannot survive in Engineering colleges as a lecturer but B.E candidates can Survive. But in software Industry both the degrees will be treated as same.
22nd April 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

i m a BE computerscience student do i hv eligibility 4 UGC NET exam
30th June 2013, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

i have done B.E. in electronics and instrumentation and i want to do PG so can i do M.Sc. in computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?