13th April 2015, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

What should I study after completing 10th ICSE to become an Engineer?

Dear Sir/Mam,
I will be finishing my 10th Board
exams from ICSE Board this month.
I wish to become an Engineer.
Please help me to know how I become an Engineer?
What I have to study for this?

16th April 2015, 07:52 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I study after completing 10th ICSE to become an Engineer?

For engineer you have to choose science stream in other words "Non-Medical" stream

Subjects in non-Medical stream
1. Maths
2. Physics
3. Chemistry
4. English
5. Option subject like (Music , Sanskrit , Hindi , Physical , Punjabi etc)

To became an engineer you have to prepare for AIEEE Exam (All India Engineering Entrance Exam) for this entrance test CBSE Syllabus and study pattern is more suitable than any other state Board so i suggests you go for CBSE school ,
16th April 2015, 10:37 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I study after completing 10th ICSE to become an Engineer?

It is good that you want to become an Engineer, for that you need to choose the MPC( Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) in higher secondary level of Education. You can also choose diploma of 3 years courses which is equivalent to 12th standard. After completion of diploma you can take admission in second year of B.Tech. Both 10+2 and diploma has equivalent importance to get admission in engineering.
17th April 2015, 01:43 AM
Tanveer2308

To become an engineer there are two way from now. First one is to get admission in diploma and after that fill LEET form by clearing this paper you will get admission in any engineering college directly in second year. The more you score in LEET ,the better college you will get for engineering. You can also try for job after diploma and after sometime you can apply for LEET exam.
Second way is to complete your 12th standard and fill the forms like AIEEE,IIT,BITS PILANI,VIT etc.
Take non medical stream in 11th standard. Keep your PCM strong. If you want to get admission in IIT then fill IIT FORM.
Many reputed colleges all over india comes under AIEEE.
Some colleges have their iwn entrance test sych as BITS PILANI,VIT etc.
The main point to remember is that you must score good in entrance test ti get good college. And to score good keep your physics chemistry math strong in 11th and 12th standard.
17th April 2015, 01:57 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

If you have completed your class 10th and your aim is to become an engineer in future, then you should continue with ISC board in class 11th with science stream with subject combination physics, mathematics, chemistry, as these subjects are the main subject for you to go for engineering field. You have to score minimum 50% and above in class 12th board examination in order to give entrance exam such as JEE, WBJEE, etc. These are some of the entrance exam to go for engineering field, so study hard to archive your goal.
18th April 2015, 09:29 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Since your aim is to be an Engineer . The best subjects for you after your 10th class will be the Science stream ( Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics ) . This will hep you in getting the admission in an Engineering colleges after your +2 examination . There you have to spend your four years with better performance then you are eligible to express yourself as an Engineer .

But the best institute for you to pursue the degree is from an IIT . But for this you have to qualify in the examination conducted by the CBSE as JEE Mains and Advanced .

If you miss in getting admitted there then you can also move to some other government colleges as well as private colleges for eg :- NIT , VIT , SRM ,Amity and many more .
18th April 2015, 09:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Since your aim is to be an Engineer . The best subjects for you after your 10th class will be the Science stream ( Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics ) . This will hep you in getting the admission in an Engineering colleges after your +2 examination . There you have to spend your four years with better performance then you are eligible to express yourself as an Engineer .

But the best institute for you to pursue the degree is from an IIT . But for this you have to qualify in the examination conducted by the CBSE as JEE Mains and Advanced .

If you miss in getting admitted there then you can also move to some other government colleges as well as private colleges for eg :- NIT , VIT , SRM ,Amity and many more .
21st April 2015, 03:16 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

You need to enroll in 10+2 ,science stream having subjects-
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
English
Optional subject(compulsory)

As you wish to become an engineer ,you need to have these subjects in 10+2.
Also, for engineering in best colleges in India ,only securing good marks is not important but you need to study more than that as syllabus and question pattern are completely different.
Join the best institute available around you for preparation of competitive examination such as JEE mains&Advance,BITSAT,VITEE ........for admission to top colleges .
22nd April 2015, 10:35 AM
AFROZ CHOWKI

Hello friend,to become an engineer,you must have to study Maths instead of Biology.
You have to score in physics,chemistry and maths in 12th standard .
You have to take science stream in 12th.Engineering entrance exam like JEE MAIN,JEE advance are important to give.Because of what you can go to IIT,
There is another path to become an engineer after 10 th,which is to do diploma.
Best of luck
24th March 2017, 07:25 AM
Unregistered

But i am in commerce stream then what should i do now please suggest me something .
8th October 2017, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

I have to become IIT engineer but my mathematics is not good what I should do
18th January 2018, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

When my 10th board exam is over. What I want to study for to become an automobile engineering.Which is the best college. And how to improve my skill.
2nd June 2020, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

What study I should do after 10th for engeering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?