18th January 2012, 12:15 AM
kumarmit09

Does GATE score mandatory to get admission for Ph.D course in CSE?

I am m.tech(CSE) final sem student, as i want to get admitted in PHD (CSE)
please clarify me is GATE score is mandetory for me.

Related Questions:
31st January 2012, 03:20 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Does GATE score mandatory to get admission for Ph.D course in CSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarmit09 View Post
I am m.tech(CSE) final sem student, as i want to get admitted in PHD (CSE)
please clarify me is GATE score is mandetory for me.

GATE EXAM SCORE MANDATORY FOR DOING Ph.D?

If you are planning to do Ph.D in IIT then good GATE score will help you to get the course, but if you are planning to do in some private colleges then GATE score is not all needed.

-> To apply for Ph.D course there will be eligibility criteria in terms of your marks in UG/PG degree.

-> To apply for Ph.D program in private universities, you can collect the information online CLICK HERE!!!

-> I have attached the general information to know about doing Ph.D course in Computer Science in this post for your reference.. check it out if needed..

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum...

Quote:
"Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PhD_course_introduction.pdf(122.1 KB, 540 views)
31st January 2012, 05:51 PM
mani_baban

Default Re: Does GATE score mandatory to get admission for Ph.D course in CSE?

GATE EXAM SCORE MANDATORY FOR DOING Ph.D?

If you are planning to do Ph.D in IIT then good GATE score will help you to get the course, but if you are planning to do in some private colleges then GATE score is not all needed.

-> To apply for Ph.D course there will be eligibility criteria in terms of your marks in UG/PG degree.

-> To apply for Ph.D program in private universities, you can collect the information online CLICK HERE!!!

-> I have attached the general information to know about doing Ph.D course in Computer Science in this post for your reference.. check it out if needed..

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum...
Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."
31st January 2012, 06:19 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, Gate score is not at all needed to get the admission in phd course as GATE score is needed only for the M.tech admissions but the Higher level qualification is related on your M.tech score.

So either its a private or a Govt university Your M.tech score is considered as a best one & it must be above 60% to get a good university for you.
31st January 2012, 07:06 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend it is mandatory to have a G.A.T.E. score to take admission in Ph.D. course. But to take admission in private colleges or in any Government colleges is also depend up on your educational qualification and also your G.A.T.E. score.

See mainly depending up on your GATE score you will get chance in Government colleges for Ph.D. So try for a very good result in GATE examination.

good luck.
1st February 2012, 12:06 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend first of all it's a mandatory thing. If you have a good score in GATE then it will help you to take admission in some good colleges.

Depending up on your GATE score you get admition in private colleges or Government colleges.

good day.
13th February 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

im final year btech mechanical student and expecting around 44 marks in gate.. will it be enough to get addmission in phd in iit this year?
13th March 2012, 04:00 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

GATE score will help you to get the course, but if you are planning to do in some private colleges then GATE score is not all needed.To apply for Ph.D course there will be eligibility criteria in terms of your marks in UG/PG degree.
Yes my friend it is mandatory to have a G.A.T.E. score to take admission in Ph.D. course. But to take admission in private colleges or in any Government colleges is also depend up on your educational qualification and also your G.A.T.E. score.See mainly depending up on your GATE score you will get chance in Government colleges for Ph.D. So try for a very good result in GATE examination.
To apply for Ph.D program in private universities, you can collect the information
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?