27th November 2010, 07:30 PM
amirthavalli

Doing ECE 3rd year : How to get a job in Indian Air Force?

I wish to join in Indian Air Force.Now I am doing my engineering third year in ECE dept. what kind of job could I get in IAF.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Indian Air Force after passing ECE 3rd year?
  2. How to get job in Air Force being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE?
  3. How to join Indian Air Force being a girl pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE?
  4. In which entrance exam I have to appear to join in Indian Air Force being a B.E.(ECE) final year student? Selection procedure of Indian Air Force?
  5. How can I join Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Sc 3rd semester being a 18 years old female candidate?
  6. After B.E ECE how can I join Indian Air Force?
  7. How to get a job in Indian Air Force after completing diploma from ECE branch?
  8. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force?
  9. Will there be any scope for me to get Job in Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE? Which Exam I have to appear for this?
  10. What kind of job can I get in the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy after completing Diploma in ECE? -- [New]
  11. How may I become pilot in air force? How may I get opportunities for this? I am pursuing BE(3rd year) with ECE stream from Latur
  12. What shall I do to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of ECE?
  13. Can I be a Pilot in Indian Army or Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Aeronautical Engineering?
  14. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. How to get jobs in Indian Railway while doing B.E ECE 3rd year?
  16. What minimum qualification can get me an entry in Indian Air Force?
  17. How can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate from B.Com course and with an age of 21 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which Entrance Exam I have to appear for to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in CSE? What procedure to follow for this?
28th November 2010, 07:16 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Doing ECE 3rd year : How to get a job in Indian Air Force?

hi

to get a job in Indian Air Force

u can give the SSB..
or get into the university entrance xams,,..tha airforce conduts..

good luck.
28th November 2010, 07:50 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

After completing your graduation course or when your in the fourth year of B.tech you can go for the CDS exam conducted by the UPSC.

You can even apply for the SSB which is of a fourteen year service after completing your B.tech.You need to post your qualification details to the head office in New Delhi.

You can even go for the Officer's academy after completing your graduation course.You can get all the information in the following link

http://www.upsc.gov.in

or

http://www.upscexam.com

all the best
28th November 2010, 08:30 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

The three branches of the Air force are Flying, Ground duty and Technical branch.

Engineering student are advisable to apply for Technical branch that you can start applying from 3rd year 2nd sem and visit to http://careerairforce.nic.in/ to download the form and apply for it...

If you clear written test then they will you for SSB and based on merit list all over the India you will be join for air-force so prepare well!!!
30th November 2010, 03:10 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,
You can get flying branch,technical branch & ground duty branch in indian air force.
you can get in IAF via 3 exams-
1.UES-university entry scheme
2SSC-short service commission
3.CDS-combined defence services
for more information visit-www.carrierairforce.nic
30th January 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

what books i have to read
1st February 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

what text books we have to read
7th February 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

i am a EEE student and i want a job in air force .so plz say which one is best for me.....
7th February 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

bhbg
7th February 2011, 05:00 PM
manassundar

i am a 3rd year Electrical Electronics Engineering student, i want a job in airforce ,plz say which entrance exam is best for me.
what text book and exam i will prefer, plz tell......
20th May 2011, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Hello,
Am Doing B.Tech Fashoin Tech .What kind of job will i be applicable in air force.
And what are al the procedures for the same.
29th June 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

im see to extra information of india air force
5th July 2011, 12:10 PM
umathkavi

Yes, you may join air force after completing your B.E.
Because after completing your graduation you can apply for CDS or you can also apply for UES because you will complete your engineering in the next year.

For applying for CDS you should have completed your graduation.

Your age should be between 19 - 21 yrs.

You should have completed your graduation with maths and physics.

You should have passed 12th Class (10+2) system of education or its equivalent with Physics and Maths for the airforce and navy.

You should be an unmarried male.
20th August 2011, 02:36 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend ....
If you are studying in the ECE branch and is presently in the 3rd and you would like to join in the Indian Air force in future then you don't have to worry.Here I am providing you the details about how you can join in the Indian Air force.

First you have to clear you engineering degree and then you have to give the CDS entrance exam .The details about the CDS exam has been discussed below you can go through it.

CDS is the entrance exam for getting into the Indian army,Air force and the Navy.CDS stands for the Combined Defence Services.It is conducted twice every year by the UPSC .

The eligibility criteria for the CDA entrance exam is that the candidates should have passed their graduation from any discipline but from a recognized university .

The age limits for the same is between 19 years to 25 years for the general category candidates.
Also there is the upper age relaxation for the OBC of 3 years and for te SC/ST it is 5 years.

Except for the Army wing , for the rest two wing that is the Air force and the navy wing you need to have the engineering degree from the recognized university.
But for the Army wing simple graduation form any discipline is eligible.

And ya if you want to get into the Indian Air force then First you have to pass your engineering degree first and do well in the CDS entrance exam.
So study well and do hard works to qualify the CDS entrance exam and make your country proud on you.

Here I have even attached the complete detailed information regarding the CDS exam.But then also if you need some other info you can visit the UPSC official website : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope this would have provided a solution to the problem.

Best of luck in future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 92 views)
15th September 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

are the students from aeronautical engineering are only eligible for the posts in iaf,or any engineer(electronics &communication )
15th January 2013, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i would like to join in indian airforce.being a girl i m pursing btech 3rd year ece.can u suggest me???
10th February 2014, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

iam studying diploma 3rd year how do get a job in indian air force and rrb and any other jobs plese tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?