22nd July 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

How may I become pilot in air force? How may I get opportunities for this? I am pursuing BE(3rd year) with ECE stream from Latur

sir myself sumit,learning BE(ec) in latur. currently in 3rd year.
actually i want to be an air force pilot,shall i have any oppurtunities to be it?
please reply soon..

17th April 2012, 08:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I become pilot in air force? How may I get opportunities for this? I am pursuing BE(3rd year) with ECE stream from Latur

Selection to the job position of Air force Pilot is carried out through CDSE exam. Graduation is the basic qualification required to become a Air Force Pilot. One must have studied Physics and Mathematics in the 12th class in order to apply for the exam. Application details about CDSE exam can be collected from the official web portal of UPSC. Apart from CDSE exam, one must also qualify Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) and Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) to become a Air Force Pilot.
10th May 2012, 01:36 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How may I become pilot in air force? How may I get opportunities for this? I am pursuing BE(3rd year) with ECE stream from Latur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir myself sumit,learning BE(ec) in latur. currently in 3rd year.
actually i want to be an air force pilot,shall i have any oppurtunities to be it?
please reply soon..
You can join Indian Air force as a pilot through Air force common admission test and through Combined defence service examination. Th eligibility required for both of the entry scheme is given below:

AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST
This examination is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year for the selection of candidate as an officer in various branches of Indian Air force such as FLYING BRANCH, TECHNICAL BRANCH and GROUND DUTY BRANCH.

For the AFCAT examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination. For the Technical branch only the engineering students are eligible.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 years

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-28 years

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 years

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAMINATION
CDS examination is conducted by the Union Public service commission twice in a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Air force, Army and Navy.

For the CDS examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-23 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years
10th May 2012, 02:25 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I become pilot in air force? How may I get opportunities for this? I am pursuing BE(3rd year) with ECE stream from Latur

Hai,

Yes shore you can join indian airforce, but after your graduation you are eligible for this or in final year of graduation also eligible.

To join in indian airforce you need to apply CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in every year.

Eligibility criteria:

You have to complete graduation or equivalent from any recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Final year graduation students may also eligible

Candidate must be physically fit.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:

Indian Military Academy 19 years to 24 Years,

Air Force Academy 19years to 25 years,

Naval Academy 19 years to 23 years.

Selection procedure:

Written test,
Interview,
Medial test.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck...
10th May 2012, 02:43 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

you can join indian air force by giving the exam of AFCAT.

AFCAT stands for AIR FORCE COMMEN ADDMISSION TEST
It has three branches:

1. Flying Branch:

Qualifications
: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks from a recognized University or Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology of 4 years with 60% Marks. Candidates must be passed 12th Examination with Maths and Physics

Age Limit: Between 19 and 23 years as on 01/01/2013. Those candidates holding valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA will be relaxed in age upto 25 years

2. Technical Branch:

Qualifications: Degree Qualifications of 4 years from a recognized University for AE (L) and AE (M). Final year of 4 years Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor Technology from a recognized University for AE (L) and (M) UES-2013 Entry

3. Ground Duty Branches

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks or PG Degree or equivalent diploma in any subject area with 50% Marks

Age: Between 20 to 23, 20 to 25, 20 to 26 and 20 to 27 years as on 01/01/2013 as per Qualifications

PHYSICAL STANDERED:

20th May 2012, 11:25 AM
srinivas933

Hai, Yes shore you can join indian airforce,
but after your graduation you are
eligible for this or in final year of
graduation also eligible. To join in indian airforce you need to
apply CDS(Combined Defence Service)
exam. This exam is conducted by the UPSC
twice in every year. Eligibility criteria: You have to complete graduation or
equivalent from any recognised
university. Percentage is not required for this
exam. Final year graduation students may also
eligible Candidate must be physically fit. Candidate should be a citizen of india.
Age criteria: Indian Military Academy 19 years to 24
Years, Air Force Academy 19years to 25 years, Naval Academy 19 years to 23 years.

Selection procedure:

Written test,
Interview,

Medial test.

For more details check visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?