4th March 2012, 09:50 PM
Amit.ips2014

Is electrical engineering good for IPS exam?

Is electrical engineering is good for ips exam and which one non technical optional subject is good?

Related Questions:
  1. How to be an IPS officer after passing B.Tech electrical engineering
  2. List of good engineering colleges in Bangalore, Delhi, AP for Electrical Engineering?
  3. How to become an IPS officer after diploma in electrical and electronics engineering?
  4. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  5. Is the career in Electrical Engineering a good choice?
  6. How may I switch into core from IT sector job in Chennai? I have done chemical engineering
  7. How is the IPS exam conducted? Which are the subjects for IPS?
  8. How to be an IPS officer after passing B.Tech in Electrical and electronics
  9. How can I prepare to crack IPS Preliminary exam?
  10. Which one is better for females between Electrical and Electronics?
  11. Suitable stream in Diploma for ITI Electrician?
  12. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I be eligible to give the IPS exam after completing B.Tech 3rd year from Civil Engineering?
  14. Subject wise standard Books to prepare for GATE Exam in Electrical Engineering?
  15. What are the electrical training courses available after completion of B.Tech Electrical Engineering course? -- [New]
  16. Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?
  17. How shall I prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Electrical stream?
  18. How to prepare for IPS exam? I am a student of M.Com
5th March 2012, 08:42 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is electrical engineering good for IPS exam?

There is no good and bad stream to appear for IPS exam. As you are from Electrical Engineering stream you may take any optional subject in Main written exam.

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam in any stream of education or pass from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age, is eligible to appear for Civil Service Exam.

The slection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam comprises of all objective type questions.

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of all descriptive type questions from prescribed syllabus.

Personal Interview

There is certain prescribed physical fitness test for those applying for IPS which one has to under go before final selection.

AS you are from Electrical Engineering stream, you are eligible to appear for the Civil Service exam after B.Tech. and if you may keep Electrical as optional subject along with other subjects in Civil Service Main written exam.

For detailed information regarding Civil Service Exam, you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in and choose the optional subjects according to your suitability.
5th March 2012, 09:10 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is electrical engineering good for IPS exam?

Hi dear........
No, there is nothing like this any graduate can apply for IPS exam , if you are interested
you can apply for this exam.
But as you are a engineering student you can apply for IES exam also .
The eligibility criteria are as follows.......

For more details visit official website of upsc.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?