20th June 2018, 05:14 AM
Suresh23111995

Eligibility to appear in AFCAT for Diploma Civil holder without 12th qualification?

Hi everyone, I have completed my Diploma in Civil Engineering. I haven't studied 12th. Now, I want to apply for AFCAT. Kindly let me know about my eligibility to appear in AFCAT. Waiting for your response!

23rd June 2018, 07:29 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in AFCAT for Diploma Civil holder without 12th qualification?

AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ) and it is conducted by Indian Air Force.

The minimum eligibility to appear in examination is bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in two stages and you have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For more information visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
23rd June 2018, 09:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in AFCAT for Diploma Civil holder without 12th qualification?

No, you are not eligible to appear in AFCAT examination being a Diploma holder. To be eligible to appear in AFCAT examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in AFCAT examination.
24th June 2018, 12:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required qualification to appear in AFCAT examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or equivalent.

Diploma is not equivalent to bachelor degree and so you are not eligible to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of officer in Indian Air Force.

To get more details visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
26th June 2018, 12:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT refers to Air force Common Admission Test and it is held twice every year for recruitment of officers in Indian Air force.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in AFCAT is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Also, you must have studied Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level. Students holding equivalent degree are also eligible.

So, having completed your diploma in civil engineering which is equivalent to Class 12th in Maths group you are eligible for appearing in AFCAT once you complete your graduation degree course.

For more details regarding AFCAT, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
11th May 2020, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I completed diploma BE in mechanical engineering without 12 th qualification can eligible for AFCAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?