18th February 2016, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in IAS exam of HPPSC 2016?

Sir, i am pursuing m.com final year. I am from ludhiana, punjab. I want to apply for ias exam in hppsc. Can i apply for ias exam to be held under hppsc 2016 in himachal pradesh?

18th February 2016, 10:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IAS exam of HPPSC 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am pursuing m.com final year. I am from ludhiana, punjab. I want to apply for ias exam in hppsc. Can i apply for ias exam to be held under hppsc 2016 in himachal pradesh?
Yes, you are eligible for HPPSC 2016 exam.

But IAS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for HPPSC 2016 exam. Final year candidates are eligible for HPPSC exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 35 years.
18th February 2016, 10:37 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility to appear in IAS exam of HPPSC 2016?

IAS and IPS are both the civil services examination and this is conducted by the UPSC and not the HPPSC and you can appear for this examination from himachal pradesh also for this as this is the all India wide examination and you can appear for it.

There are some specific eligibility criteria available in order to appear for this examination such as the

Required Eligibility for IAS
  1. Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit
  2. Should have completed the graduation or bachelor degree from any of the respective recognized institute of study
  3. should belong to the Citizen of India only
These are the main eligibility criteria which are required for the IAS examination.

This recruitment is conducted every year once by the UPSC and the recruitment is done year long and the steps or the process for recruiting are
  1. Preliminary examination
  2. Mains examination
  3. Interview
This is the recruitment process for the IAS recruitment.
18th February 2016, 12:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear in civil services exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission to become IAS:

Candidate must have done graduation in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.
Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years where as relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit is given to SC and ST and 3 years to OBC and 10 years to physically handicapped children.
18th February 2016, 12:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to become IAS:-

There is no specific exam and IAS entrance exam. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

Minimum qualification for IAS, exam:-

The Eligible Candidate must be an Indian national
the age limit is 21 to 30 years with the upper Age relaxation for reserved candidate.
The Eligible Candidate for IAS has been selected finally through the personal interview.
18th February 2016, 01:46 PM
kantraman

For IAS exam candidate must have atleast graduation degree but having upper age limit of 32 for general category and upper age relaxation is given to sc/st/obc category according to govt. norm.The essential requirement is that candidate must be citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
18th February 2016, 06:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

HP PSC stands for Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission. This is conducted by state government of Himachal Pradesh.

Eligibility:

*Candidate must have completed bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for exam.

*Age limit is between 21 years and 35 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

Candidates from all states are eligible to apply.
18th February 2016, 07:27 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

To become IAS ,you have to appear in UPSC instead of HPPSC.
Eligibility criteria for this exam is as follows:
Age limit:General-The maximum age for a candidate is 32 years.OBC- The maximum age for a candidate is 35 years.

SC/ST- The maximum age for a candidate is 37 years.
Physically handicapped- The maximum age for a candidate is 42,45 and 47 years for general, OBC, SC/ST respectively.
Number of attempts:General- 6 attempts;OBC- 9 attempts;SC/ST- unlimited number of attempts;Physically handicapped- 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?