14th October 2015, 11:07 AM
Nabanita barik

Eligibility for B.Tech in Computer engineering through JELET?

Am i eligible to pursue b.tech in computer engineering in west bengal on the basis of lateral entry through jelet exam??

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for WBJEE and JELET after doing Diploma from Lovely Professional University?
  2. How to do B.Tech after completing BSc in computer science with 50% marks
  3. Eligibility for B.Tech Architecture through JELET for Diploma holder?
  4. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and qualification required to apply for JELET?
  5. What is the fee structure of 4 year B.Tech in MIT Bangalore
  6. Procedure and eligibility to apply in JELET for Electrical Engineering Diploma last semester student?
  7. What exactly is the eligibility criteria of JELET in my case?
  8. Civil engineering syllabus for JELET? Number of Civil seats in government colleges?
  9. Information about JELET 2016 examination -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Cutoff rank required in JELET to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering) for Diploma student? List of colleges which offer admission through JELET?
  11. Eligibility to appear in JELET for a candidate who has completed Engineering Diploma course around 5 years ago?
  12. Can I get admission into 2nd year for B.Tech after JELET? I am a first year BSc computer science student
  13. Need information regarding JELET Exam conducted by WBUT?
  14. Eligibility criteria of JELET 2015 examination -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Eligibility to appear in West Bengal JELET for Diploma student? Procedure to get admission in B.Tech(Civil Engineering) course?
  16. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  17. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  18. Number of Civil seats in government colleges through JELET? Syllabus f JELET?
14th October 2015, 05:44 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for B.Tech in Computer engineering through JELET?

The eligibility for the WBJELET entrance exam is as given below-

>> Candidate to apply for West Bengal junior engineering lateral entry test must be passed in the diploma engineering from any polytechnic college with any stream.

>> Candidate should have passed the diploma engineering with minimum of the 50% marks and age by 27 year.

>> The candidate who will quality the WBJELET entrance exam will be allowed to get the admission in b.tech in the second year of the course because lateral entry candidates always get admission in the second year of the course.
14th October 2015, 08:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

JELET is a lateral entry exam conducted every year.

For getting admission in B.Tech for Computer Science branch, firstly you must be eligible for appearing in JELET Exam.

You must have secured at least 60% marks in Diploma or Polytechnic to appear for JELET Exam.

And, your age must not be greater than 27 years.

If you follow these above criteria, then you are eligible to appear for JELET Exam.
14th October 2015, 08:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabanita barik View Post
Am i eligible to pursue b.tech in computer engineering in west bengal on the basis of lateral entry through jelet exam??
Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should be above 18 years.
14th October 2015, 10:21 PM
RRAL

Lateral entry is scheme by which one can get the admission directly in the second year of engineering.

Eligibility criteria for this scheme is to have a diploma degree in the engineering stream of three years duration.If you have completed three years diploma degree then definitely you can go for the JELET and can get the admission directly in the third sem of B.Tech.
12th October 2020, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Can a diploma holder in information technology get admission in computer science through jelet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?