21st June 2018, 06:51 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to become a Lecturer for English postgraduate with D.Ed certificate?

Hello everyone, I have completed my MA in English then after D.Ed course. I want to become a Lecturer. So, I would like to know about my eligibility to become a Lecturer. Kindly let me know about the eligibility criteria asap.

23rd June 2018, 07:22 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become a Lecturer for English postgraduate with D.Ed certificate?

To become lecturer in government colleges you have to appear and qualify in NET ( National Eligibility Test ).

The examination is conducted by CBSE under the guidelines of UGC. The required eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%.

There is no age limit to appear in examination. So, if you have scored 55% then you are eligible to appear in examination.
24th June 2018, 01:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become a Lecturer for English postgraduate with D.Ed certificate?

You have the required qualification to appear for NET ( NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST ) and examination is conducted by UGC for recruitment as Lecturer.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%.

There is no required qualification as D.Ed to appear for examination. For more details about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
25th June 2018, 11:40 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To be a lecturer in any recognized university, you need to qualify entrance examinations like NET/SET/SLET ( i.e; National/ State Eligibility Test ).

Further, for appearing in these examinations, you are required to have completed your master degree course in your concerned paper with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your post graduate degree in English you are certainly eligible to become a lecturer if you have secured the above mentioned marks in your postgraduate degree course irrespective of completion of your D.Ed degree course.

For more details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in while for details regarding different State SETs you can log on to their respective official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?