28th May 2017, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and compulsory subjects for Economics honors?

Which subjects are compulsory in economics honors and what is the criteria of 10+2 percentage and eligibility? Please, do tell me as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can we get through a good economic honors college without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What are the top 4 counting subjects in Economics Honors?
  3. Is B.Ed after economics honors a good option? I am an economics honors student
  4. Am I eligible to do B.A. Honors in Economics as per my subject combination?
  5. Can I pursue B.A Economics (Hons) in St.Xavier College, Ranchi after completion of 12th Class in Non-Maths background?
  6. Best course to choose after B.Sc. Economics Honors? Scope of this course in India?
  7. Is Maths compulsory in 12th for B.A economics exam
  8. Economics honors without mathematics is valueless?
  9. Criteria for admission in Economics Honors for science students? What are the compulsory students?
  10. In which colleges can I get Economics(Honors)? I have scored an aggregate of 95.5
  11. Is majors and honors in economics or sociology is same? Which one to take next after completion of graduation?
  12. Is Maths compulsory in 12th for economics honors?
  13. Is Mathematics compulsory to be in best of 4 subjects to study Economics Honours in Delhi University?
  14. Admission into Economics honors at St. Xaviers Kolkata after 62 in maths?
  15. Which Best Four of Five Subjects for BA Admission in Economics Honors at SRCC will be considered?
  16. What are the career opportunities available after doing B.A in Economics? Which is better between B.Com Honors and Economics Honors?
  17. Eligibility criteria required to apply for B.Com Honors? List of subjects followed in B.Com honors?
  18. In which college can I get after scoring 88 marks in Economics? Can I get admission for Economics honors? I have got 81.5% in best 4 subjects
29th May 2017, 02:56 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility and compulsory subjects for Economics honors?

* You may go for any subject in you 10+2 for pursuing Economics hons. later.

You can study Economics courses in any of the three fields : Science, Commerce or Arts

> If you opt for Science, you can apply for B.Sc (Hons.) in Economics

> If Commerce, possibilities are of :
* B.Com (Applied Economics)
* B.Com (Business Economics)

> And for Arts,
* B.A. (Economics)
* B.A. (Business Economics)
* B.A. (Corporate Economics)
* B.A. (Developmental Economics)

>> Since, you have not mentioned which course, you are willing to go, I am providing the eligibility criteria for B.Sc. (Bachelor in Science)

** B.Sc Economics Hons. :

* Duration : 3 years
* Level : Graduation
* Type : Degree
* Eligibility : 10+2

** Eligibility Criteria :

* The candidate must have passed their 10+2 intermediate course or equivalent from a recognized Board or University with a minimum of 50% aggregate score.

* There is no any age criteria, the age requirements are specified by the University/College.

** Some of the Popular Entrance Tests :

* BHU (Banares Hindu University) Entrance Exam
* National Eligibility Test (NET)
* Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam
* IGNOU Entrance Exam
* Mumbai University Entrance Test
* Pune University Entrance Test

~ Choose Wisely !
29th May 2017, 05:00 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

B.A Honours in Economics is an undergraduate economic course. Economics generally covers the study of principle of economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, money, banking systems etc.

The eligibility required to join are mentioned below.
- The basic eligibility required is 10+2 or any equivalent examination in any stream from recognized board with minimum 50% (minimum percentage varies from university to university).
- Some universities and colleges give preference to students who have studied economics as a main subject in their 10+2.
29th May 2017, 09:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility and compulsory subject for Economics Honors is:

1. You must have done 10+2 with Economics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

2. Admission in top universities like Delhi University is done on basis of percentage of marks in 12th. Higher is percentage of marks in 12th, better college you will get.

Generally, for admission in top colleges of Delhi University, you should have more than 90% marks in board exam of 12th. You can apply for 2017-18 admissions at its official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?